W.I.P. FINALLY !!

After several years of constant delays, I am finally getting to this project.   This is a Walt's kit that I picked up from a friend of mine. I trimmed the chest and back plates.  I started trying to work with the helmet and things just were not lining up. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14YZvvJm6Y2pip3M3IdyVGwEySlv_9RRz?usp=drive_link

There is a link to my google drive as the pictures are all to big to be uploaded here.

• Like 1

Yes actually I have a potential problem brewing already.    Did I accidentally trim out too much from the helmet where the face piece and hemisphere meet.    The video on you tube does show a small gap    but I might have made it too big.

1000003477 resized.jpg

Yes, you're right that it isn't supposed to sit flush there. Whether or not there's too much of a gap there is a difficult one to call. The best bet is probably to have a chat with your local GML. They will have the final say on your clearance, so if they are happy with that then it will save you having to do a lot of work.

• Like 1

I also noticed that after magnifying in, the left and right side of the CRL picture for the helmet that there appear to be screws presumably to help take up some of that space. However the written CRL says that no screws are present?    Quite the conundrum

• The Inferno Squad helmet is modeled after the 3D model specific to Battlefront II game.
  • The Rogue One TIE Pilot style helmet is allowed for Basic Approval when requirements outlined below are incorporated.

Original Trilogy TIE Pilot style helmets are not permitted. There are no screws visible on the helmet.

Or is the reason that the Original trilogy helmets are not permitted because that there are no screws visible on them?

since the L2 requirement of the helmet is for it to be modeled after the game model, which is smaller than typical helmets, the helmets would ostensibly be 3d printed unless a maker comes along that will make a smaller helmet matching the different profile seen in the game. There wouldn't be any screws involved in a 3d printed helmet. 

Unfortunately when writing CRLs and photographing what is available , we kind of have to go with what we have.

I dont know what walt does with his helmets but I know Jasons helmets have a wood block mounted on the backsside of the faceplate under the ramshorn and the screws go through that from the inside pulling the whole thing together very tightly. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. We are currently reviewing a revision to the CRL based on certain evidence that we have and ensuring we don't have conflicts.

Well. This might have to get put together with screws in order to make it work and then paint them. I have also been warned from a friend that the Walt’s inferno bucket runs on the small side and I very well might have trouble trying to get it to fit my head in the first place after it is assembled.  I ran this whole thing by my GML and they reviewed the CRL in its present form and greed that since there are screws visible in the official photograph and that the document states that screws should no be present for a regular tie helmet that they would likely accept there being screws visible once mine is finally assembled.       This is quite the conundrum.     Will see what happens with assembly, I am going to spend some more time with it this weekend.