New CRL Proposal: Imperial Army Trooper (SW:E) *Will go live on 7/23*

WARNING - THIS CRL IS PENDING APPROVAL AND REQUIREMENTS THEREIN ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Will go live will minor changes to the level 2 requirements on Monday, 7/23/2018.

Source Material is from the Star Wars: Empire series by Dark Horse comics. Green color, harness and patch design for these troopers are unique to this series. The finalized proposal will replace the current IA Trooper CRL for 501st approval requirements.

DH01 IA Trooper.jpg DH02 IA Trooper.jpg DH03 IA Trooper.jpg DH04 IA Trooper.jpg DH05 IA Trooper.jpg DH06 IA Trooper.jpg DH07 IA Trooper.jpg DH08 IA Trooper.jpg DH09 IA Trooper.jpg DH10 IA Trooper.jpg DH11 IA Trooper.jpg DH12 IA Trooper.jpg DH15 IA Trooper.jpg DH17 IA Trooper.jpg DH37 IA Trooper.jpg DH38 IA Trooper.jpg DH26 IA Trooper + Engineer.jpg DH16 IA Trooper + Engineer.jpg DH14 IA Trooper + Engineer.jpg DH13 IA Trooper + Engineer.jpg

Required Costume Components

The following costume components are present and appear as described below.

IA_Helmet_Full.jpg Helmet

• Open face helmet whose base consists of a dome with rim and helmet skirt.
  • The helmet skirt is to be smooth all around with no indentations on the rear.
  • A telemetry unit is attached centered to the left side of the dome aligned to the rim. The telemetry unit consists of:
    • Rectangular box with a slight bevel and details on. The box is in the same color as the helmet.
    • The telemetry unit details closely resembles the reference photos.

[*]The helmet is to be painted in olive green tone with a flat or satin finish.

[*]A black trim is covering the edge of the helmet skirt and forehead of the dome.

[*]Black chin strap and chin cup

[*]Screw caps are positioned on both sides of the helmet skirt where the chin cup straps meet the hemet.

[*]May be replaced by the Olive hat listed in optional accessories for approval.

IAT_goggles.jpg Goggles
  • Goggles may have either a squared or slightly rounded frame, which is black or olive green in color, with dark lenses.
  • Not needed if the hat option is worn.

Green Imperial Army Jumpsuit

• One piece olive green coverall / jumpsuit / flight suit with a front invisible zipper and mandarin collar.
  • Each shoulder has an Imperial Army patch that sits 3-4 inches below the shoulder seam.
  • 2 large chest pockets.
  • 2 large cargo pockets sit on the outside of the legs from around mid-thigh and not extending past bottom of the knee, with a rectangular flap covering the top.
  • No pockets on sleeves or below knees.
  • Rank bars of any kind are not permitted.

For level 2 certification (if applicable)

• Mandarin collar is closed by a chevron shaped strap across the neck.
  • A single snap is present near the chevron point.
    • Snap does not need to be functional.
    • Snap should be Olive Green in color.
Iat_patch.png Imperial Army Patch
  • A shield shaped patch.
  • The patch has an Imperial cog symbol approximately 2.75 to 3 inches in diameter.
  • The background of the patch has a more narrow shield shaped design on top of a box colored a darker shade of green.

IA_Trooper_gloves.jpg Olive Gloves

• Olive Drab, wrist length gloves constructed of leather, kevlar or similar material.
  • Enclosed fingers.
  • No buckles, straps, etc.
  • May have three stitched lines or square padding on the back of the hand.

For level two certification (if applicable):

• Gloves are made of leather with the correct set of 3 parallel lines stitched on back of hand.

Iat_harness.jpg Web Harness

• Olive green colored, double strap "H" harness which travels from the lower back, and up over the shoulders.
  • Harness is made of 2 inch olive green nylon webbing.
  • The harness system attaches to the belt.
  • Visible snap-hook style fasteners that attach to belt eyelets are acceptable.
  • Tri-glides may be present on front or back of suspenders.
  • Back of suspenders may be permanently fastened to belt, but not required.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• The main body of harness fasteners are discreetly hidden behind the belt.
  • Tri-glides are present on the front suspenders for harness adjustment.

IAT_Belt.jpg Belt

• Belt is a 2"-2.25" wide nylon military style quick release web belt.
  • Belt is olive green in color.
  • Belt has grommets that run along both the top and bottom of its length.

• Belt buckle is olive green in color.

Iat_pouches.png Belt Pouches

• Belt pouches are olive green in color and should be made of nylon or similar material.
  • A minimum of 4 small pouches are required, which may consist of any combination of double handcuff pouches, small utility pouches, magazine pouches or other molle style pouches of similar size.
  • Two pouches should be placed in front - One on each side of the belt buckle where the harness meets the belt.
  • The remaining pouches my be placed anywhere on the sides or back of belt.
  • Additional OD green MOLLE style pouches of similar size may be added to fill out the belt, but are not required.

Imperial_Crew_Boots.jpg Boots

• Calf high black leather or leather like material.
  • Jackboot style is acceptable.
  • Free of laces, decorative stitching, buckles on the instep or any other embellishments.
  • Boots may have a single adjustment strap at the top outside of the boot, with the buckle no wider than 1". This need not be functional.
  • Zippers on the inside of the boot are acceptable, so long as they are concealed.
    • If the zipper is not covered by vinyl/ leather, it is painted black.

• Olive green 8"-9" high boots.
  • Free of laces, decorative stitching, buckles on the instep or any other embellishments.
  • Zippers on the inside of the boot are acceptable, so long as they are concealed.

Optional Accessories

Items below are optional costume accessories. These items are not required for approval, but if present appear as described below.

ID_Hat.jpg Hat, Olive

• Fabric is a medium weight suiting material of olive green.
  • Base of the hat is conical, with a crown about 4" (101.6 mm) tall.
  • Front and rear flaps  overlap on the sides and are about 4" (101.6 mm) high.
  • Front bill extends 3" down, decorated with (5) (6) or (7) concentric stitches.
  • An Imperial Code Disk may be positioned in the center of the front vertical flap, but is not required.
  • May be worn in place of the Helmet for approval.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• If present the Imperial Code Disk has a notch detail on the outermost disc.

DH17_Officer_Blaster.jpg DH-17 Blaster

Manufactured by BlasTech Industries, the DH-17 is a standard-issue Imperial sidearm for shipboard combat. The energy and power of the weapon are tuned to penetrate necessary targets, yet it will not puncture a starship's hull.

Scratch built or high-end prop replica.

DH-17 Holster

• Black or OD Green in color
  • Made of nylon, leather or similar materials.

TK_anh_stunt_e11.jpeg E-11 Blaster

Manufactured by BlasTech Industries, the E-11 is standard-issue for many Imperial troops. Light, compact yet powerful, the E-11 blaster is always in high demand throughout the galaxy.

• Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

TX_shadowstorm_holster.jpeg E-11 Holster

For 501st approval:

• Black or Olive Green in color
  • Made of nylon, leather or similar materials.
  • Like 2

This is a work in progress and minor edits will be made until it is presented to the LMOs for approval:

Change Log:

05/09

• Added CRL with example pictures. Updated previous CRL Team write-up to include carryover items that were LMO requested additions to the IA Engineer CRL.

05/11

• Added olive green boots as level 2 requirement.

Edited by izzi
Update
  • Like 1

I would suggest removing "flightsuit" from the coverall description

When you do google searches with "flight suit" it can bring out options that may be used with modification similar to Coveralls or jumpsuit searches. That's why it's in there.

Boots - We have exactly one reference showing this trooper wearing a jack boot style. The rest seem to be wearing an olive green 8"-9" laceless combat boot. I would like to propose that Jack boots be acceptable, but the Olive Green boots be required for level 2.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Boots - We have exactly one reference showing this trooper wearing a jack boot style. The rest seem to be wearing an olive green 8"-9" laceless combat boot. I would like to propose that Jack boots be acceptable, but the Olive Green boots be required for level 2.

Thoughts?

I can't make out the colors (but that's a genetic problem more than anything lol). Looking through the references there are only a few w/ the boots visible...I can't tell if it's a green or a darker shade of grey (meant to hint at black?). If you can make out the colors though, it seems like a reasonable proposal.

Jack boots are too high in my opinion, they look like army boots to me. I would say green army boots with green laces for basic, and no laces for level 2. The laces could be hidden with same colored gaiters. For basic even other colored army boots might be better then jack boots (black, brown).

Edit: picture removed, not army troopers.

They can be bloused down for the appearance.

The RL pilots are required to do the same to give the correct appearance.

I support Jacks for Lvl1. I have air force current issue boots that sort of resemble jungle boots with suede leather parts and nylon uppers. The boits zip up and lace but could be covered by a fitted colr matched gaiter

Jack boots are too high in my opinion, they look like army boots to me. I would say green army boots with green laces for basic, and no laces for level 2. The laces could be hidden with same colored gaiters. For basic even other colored army boots might be better then jack boots (black, brown). In this pic they are brownish.

That picture is actually of the wrong units. That's Lt. Sunber, and the Combat engineer. Please only refer to the pictures attached to the first post of this thread that have been approved to be used with this unit, as not to cause confusion.

As far as Jack boots go the guy behind this barrel is obviously wearing Jackboots:

DH06 IA Trooper.jpg

However seeing how the majority aren't, I'd like to see a solution in place for a more accurate boot like the majority of them are wearing, but still allowing the jack boot as an option.

DH03 IA Trooper.jpg

A couple quick things

The Harness in the photo does not match the description using Tri Glides and in the description it also indicates to use 2in black nylon webbing. that should be changed to OD Green. I can take a photo this afternoon with a H harness with the proper clips and Tri Glides you guys can use.

Second just throwing it out there. If you wanted to use this photo you can. Its the Telemetry unit used on the helmet in the proposed CRL here, but a closer shot which shows more details. it might help people out.

SQPcXVM.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, green boots seem weird. Would Vietnam style jungle boots work? Mostly green, actually military looking. Alternatively they could be spats/leggings over the boots, like mountain troops used to wear.

These are the boots in the picture below:

DH03 IA Trooper.jpg

The body of the boots are fully green, they are laceless, and free from decorative stitching. If you can achieve that look with any of the methods you mentioned, then go for it.

• Like 1

In regards to the pouches, is it presumed that these should look like they're full of stuff for an 'in-use' appearance? I was thinking of picking up 2 thermal detonators (the sphere kind seen in RoTJ and Battlefront etc., 1 for each front handcuff pouch), but wanted to hear opinions on having thermal detonators as IATs.

I would assume that as frontline Troops and the backbone of the Imperial Army, they would generally carry 1+ of these for use in assaults & maneuvers, in the same vain of the USMC's famous axiom of "Every Marine is a Rifleman". If it made sense for any non-TK Imperial costume to have thermal detonators, Army Troopers would be at the top of the list.

Also, they're awesome. Could make for some good photo ops while Trooping, and a fun prop/display piece when not.

I'm not proposing we add them to the CRL, seeing as there are no references and they serve mainly to fill out the pouches. Even if we did, of course this would be completely optional, because they are weapons, which are always optional.

Also seeing as you can stuff the pouches with pretty much whatever you want I'm not sure if this question needed to be asked, but as it's also a prop that Troopers might want to take out of the pouch and use I just wanted to ask everyone.

Thoughts?

pTW3Lx0.jpg

• Like 1

Another question I thought I should ask:

I'm sure most people know that ANH E-11s have to be worn on the left side due to the magazine sticking out. Due to the placement of my pouches on my belt, there's no space on the left side for my E-11 holster, so I did some experimenting with wearing the holster backwards on the right side, so that the E-11 can be accessed in a cross-draw fashion.

In my opinion this looks pretty good, and is actually much easier than trying to draw the E-11 on the left side, even with my left-handedness. The reference below also shows that some Army Troopers do wear their holsters in this fashion.

I feel that even with an ESB E-11 I would still prefer wearing it like this.

What are people's thoughts on having this as an extra option for those who go with a holster and blaster? (if it isn't already, lol)

n9WlaCw.jpg

HbQtY7e.jpg

8wO8o2V.jpg

wKTNg9z.jpg

There is a panel with a trooper wearing a holster on the right, so there are no problems with it.

Most of the troopers are setting up fortifications and don't even have a blaster on their belt anyway.

• Like 2

i tend to agree, since there i a panel showing the cross draw, and that most troopers arent wearing holsters anyway. I can think of a few times in the field where we dropped our gear to make moving around (and not getting caught on stuff) easier.

• Like 1

Canon wise, there is a TK in Star Wars , A New Hope to you kids :) , that has his holster on the right side.

But we don't deal with ANH TKs. ;)

Regardless, there is a panel with a left holster, and a right holster in the comics. So I'd push for putting it on the side the trooper prefers. :)

• Like 1