• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look what I got to do the other day!

DSCF0010-3.jpg

DSCF0011-1.jpg

This thing is starting to look like a muscle car now! Those fenders were probably sitting about 2 inches lower than in this pic (thanks new springs). It no longer looks worn out. :D Oh and the straightened frame really made everything fit much better too, doors aren't catching the fenders, fenders aren't super high in the air, etc.

DSCF0014-2.jpg

Been spending the last couple days putting stuff back together. Just a few more things to knock out today and she'll be ready for an alignment and my new wheels. :D :D

DSCF0015.jpg

The only big thing left to do is to rebuild the carburetor and then it is drivable again.

Fivezero

:D :D :D

Before:

Chevelle.png

DSCN0249.jpg

After:

DSCF00066.jpg

DSCF00083.jpg

DSCF00093.jpg

DSCF00122.jpg

Wow, does this thing look like a muscle car again! :D And drives like it too, rebuilt the carburetor and that thing just wants to GO!!!! Not to mention the suspension rides better, she shifts better, she's just better. Only thing left to do is to get a wheel alignment on it and really have some fun before winter.

Fivezero

:D :D

• 6 months later...

So, exactly one year after I bought my Chevelle, this is what my dad buys... I think he may have been slightly jealous about my car.......

DSCF0007_zps15447481.jpg

A 1972 Buick Skylark, so we now have 2 GM A-Body cars.

Fivezero

:unsure:

What is all that white stuff on the ground? ;)

It's this stuff called snow, surprisingly most of the people here don't know what it is either and freak out every time it snows and drive like incompetent idiots (even though it snows EVERY year). Ah, Michigan...

Also thought I'd update you guys on the Chevelle, well she's parked (Winter).... But come spring I'm getting a new carburetor (so she starts and runs even better). I also have some electrical things to sort, got pulled over in August (first time I ever got pulled over!) since my taillights were out). Then it's on to fixing some exterior rust, new floors, new interior, then paint! Would be cool if I got it all done this summer!

Fivezero

:D

You should make me a car...

Sorry izzi, but this is going to be my first and ONLY car I restore. It's a lot of work (which I don't mind), but it's a lot of money (which I do mind). It's a fun process, but it will probably be a once in a lifetime deal for me.

Although an izzi-mobile would be fun.......... :blink:

Fivezero

Realized in my tired state, that my last post didn't exactly say what I wanted to. Let me try again... :confused:

This is going to be the first and last "CAR" I restore, I have plans for...much bigger...toys B) There isn't another car I want to restore, so that's what I meant by once in a lifetime, woot exhaustion!! :D

Realized in my tired state, that my last post didn't exactly say what I wanted to. Let me try again... :confused:

This is going to be the first and last "CAR" I restore, I have plans for...much bigger...toys B) There isn't another car I want to restore, so that's what I meant by once in a lifetime, woot exhaustion!! :D

Good, cause I want the izzi-mobile to be based on a tank. :teehee:

• 4 months later...

Also worked on the Chevelle a bit! Got a new grille and turn signal lenses for my birthday. I put them on once the weather got nice to paint and the front end looks much better now. Oh and got all of the electrical bugs I had with it sorted out (40+ year old wiring = lots of shorts and blown fuses :))

1db4b1e6-434d-4f61-bcce-5e6827c723d7_zpsf2b68e50.jpg

Grille_zps3220d158.jpg