Bavery's Build

Bavery

So I came into possesion of a near completed Elite Nova. It was missing only the pack, undersuit, boots, gloves, and neckseal. So I've begun constructing the pack, and found that at this point, the frame really isn't needed... anyone else have that feeling?

IMG_2756.jpg

Concept:

IMG_0228.jpg

So far:

PhotoDec10101830PM.jpg

PhotoDec10112441PM.jpg

PhotoDec10112447PM.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow a clear pack looks pretty cool,lol. I wanted to do an elite but am gonna build the shadow first, then upgrade later. You definitely need an undersuit for that rig or it just aint gonna fit right brotha. Thanx for postin, looks great so far. :thumbsup:

I think I used Industrial stregth Velcro around the eyes. I stuck the hook side on the lenses and the loop side to the area around the eyes on the inside of the lid. :NovaTrooper::thumbsup::NovaTrooper: You can use glue though if you want something more secure. :yes:

I think I used Industrial stregth Velcro around the eyes. I stuck the hook side on the lenses and the loop side to the area around the eyes on the inside of the lid. :NovaTrooper::thumbsup::NovaTrooper: You can use glue though if you want something more secure. :yes:

I don't think its yours. haha, The visor is head in SOLELY on tension. and the craftsmanship skill on the kit is much lower than yours.

I don't think its yours. haha, The visor is head in SOLELY on tension. and the craftsmanship skill on the kit is much lower than yours.

Ouch.. tells you how far I've come in 3 years. I'm about 95% positive it's my old kit. If you picked it up from Suulyar here on our forums it's definately mine. Of course I sold it to her almost two years ago now so I'm sure she did some modification along the way before moving on to something else. The best way to know or sure if it's mine is the helmet. I used black tar stuff to seal the earcaps to the helmet instead of caulking which would have looked so much better and there should be a small square of black toward the back of the gold helmet stripe where I had some over spray. I did the best I could back then but learned alot in the process. Oh and one of the biceps armor pieces should be broken. She emailed me that she accidentally broke a peice off trying to mod it for thinner arms. Anywho let me know if you need any help PMs are welcome :thumbsup:

So, I wanted to take a picture to convey in other people's minds (not you guys, more like Facebook) that made them see this pack like I do. So I bought primer, and primed it. This is NOT the final coat of primer, as there as still many things to fix, such as the lip on the toolbox. Ignore the one year old feeling my pack. Hahaha

PhotoDec1771752PM.jpg

• 2 months later...

So, I haven't been updating, but I've been damn busy. I have had this TX for many months now, but never really worked on it. A guy in my garrison challenged me to finish this (Minus the pack) for the 17th so I can be in our annual St. Paddy's day parade.

So, I got a new bucket, had to put it together, made a neck seal (still not finished), assembled all of my armor, modified it all to fit, bought new gloves, and started painting. I'm stuck in the painting process due to a snow storm, but I still have a week.

Test pic 1:

I was wearing my buddies TK buckets for the sake of wearing a bucket.

IMG_0800.jpg

Test pic 2:

Helmet was still in the building process, neck seal wasn't put together, and gloves weren't purchased.

IMG_0070.jpeg

Other updates:

Helmet is now wearable, and ready for paint.

PhotoMar08123452AM.jpg

PhotoMar08123646AM.jpg

PhotoMar08123517AM.jpg

Gave up on trying to get the ears flush, so I cheated.

PhotoMar08123508AM.jpg

Neck seal put together, now just needs a bib.

PhotoMar06115154PM.jpg

Gloves. They have this smart touch crap, and a tab comes over the finger. Do you think it will be an issue?

PhotoMar0665501PM.jpg

Why don't you just paint or Sharpie the pads on the glove? Make it a non-issue.

Why don't you just paint or Sharpie the pads on the glove? Make it a non-issue.

Yeah, permanent marker should do fine on those gloves. (Or just hide your fingertips in the approval pictures. ;) )

Here are some app style pics. I'd paint them, but of course, it's raining. So I finished placing my rivets, and took pics.

Immediate issues I noticed:

-Back isn't straight. Don't know if I'll fix it do to the giant back pack I have to wear, but we'll see.

-Need to velcro the pauldron.

PhotoMar1234549PM.jpg

PhotoMar1234344PM.jpg

PhotoMar1234424PM.jpg

PhotoMar1234408PM.jpg

PhotoMar1234359PM.jpg

Nice paint job thus far. Nice and clean. It looks like you are making some great progress. Here's my two cents:

• I agree with Jim about lowering the biceps.
  • I like the angular nature of the pauldron. Reminds me of the video game images. How did you accomplish that?
  • It could be the angle, but it looks like your right forearm is fitted well to the arm, but the left looks to be needing more of a taper. Looks like there is a lot of space near the elbow. Hard to tell for sure in these photos.
  • I'm curious how you have the chest and back strapped to the abdomen/kidney assembly. I think the chest should overlap the abdomen more. Once you put the pack on, your chest will likely pull up further and will no longer overlap the abdomen at all. Likewise, it looks like some strapping between the back and the kidney could straighten the back plate.
  • Al is correct about the thigh ammo belt. It needs to be centered. From the back photo, it looks to be twisted too far.

-Toddo