Bavery's Build

Bavery

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics! How close to completion is the pack?

Pack is LITERALLY two pieces and some paint from being done. I was ripped off by Dirtyboy, so I don't have a radio.

However, I have some sweet picture from the NEG's St. Paddy's day parade :D

8566420769_f47669764d_b.jpg

IMG_0141.jpeg

PhotoMar18103605AM.jpg

PhotoMar18103600AM1.jpg

PhotoMar18103434AM.jpg

what do you mean you were ripped off by Dirtyboy?

I hate bad mouthing a guy that everyone loves, but here goes.

In October, I made an arrangement to give three $50 payments for a pack. I gave the first, and then my family started moving, and gas isn't cheap. So in December, I told him I couldn't do it, but I felt that we were beyond a refund. So I asked for just a Radio. He was understanding and agreed. However, it never shipped, and a week or so ago, a friend from the NEG who knows him asked what's up? Long story short, he's convinced I sold his son some mini figures three years ago, took the money, and never sent the figure. I didn't have a Paypal three years ago. And upon asking to show this record, he refuses.

TL:DR: paid, never shipped, personal vendetta.

That's a nasty situation Drew. I'm sorry you and Rick are having difficulties. I scored a radio from Mike at Trooperbay for a decent price. Mike will take good care of you.

That's a nasty situation Drew. I'm sorry you and Rick are having difficulties. I scored a radio from Mike at Trooperbay for a decent price. Mike will take good care of you.

All good. I'm kind of over it. A couple of Garrison mates of mine are going to New London, and while they're there they said they'll stop in there for me. (Expectantly, of course.)

But, I found some more pics from the parade!

8569838565_2950968225_h.jpg

8569828865_b94adb3294_h.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, after I cranked this out in two weeks, I took a long vacation from my workshop. I've returned.

I've continued working on my radio, and here it is now: (PS: I know I'm missing two of those things)

PhotoApr2575613PM.jpg

PhotoApr2575619PM.jpg

But I have questions:

1: Do you think the Large circular piece is okay?

2: Is the gold thing Okay? I like the look to it.

Better than the radio I slapped together out of a tackle box! I would suggest getting some toggle switches from radio shack. It adds a bit of flair.

-iz

I plan on doing that to my aftermarket radio, this one is strictly for my approval. I told myself I'd be official (or at least have my app sent) before May. I have this weekend off, so I'm going to finish my pack this weekend, and then it's an app away.

I appreciate the compliments guys! After a not so hard morning, I finished the pack. I scrathbuilt the exhaust port as well as the thermal det pad. Here are my app pics, as well as my pack.

I got excited and forgot to add the shells and the "decal" onto the pack prior to taking the pics. Do you guys think I'm good, or should I gear back up?

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4335.jpg

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4337.jpg

Don't know why the lighting was so bad, but o well!

IMG_4338.jpg

IMG_4339.jpg

IMG_4340.jpg

IMG_4341.jpg

Took new pics, and my app has been sent to my GML!

I won't bore you with the app pics, here are some of the others:

IMG_4349.jpg

My Cousin wasn't having it...

IMG_4354.jpg

IMG_4356.jpg

IMG_4358.jpg

So I'm putting together a tutorial for a completely DIY SD-48 (the pack I use) pack for the mercs. Would you guy like me to post it here as well? It's a low budget and very easy build.

• 2 weeks later...

Tutorials are always welcome.

I just got word, my GML passed me! I should be TX-11383 :laugh1:

I wanted to make sure my pack passed the application before posting a tutorial.