Bavery's Build

Bavery

What's your height and weight? And what helmet is that?

From bottom of face to top of dome, about 12 or 13 inches. And probably a pound or so.

It is a Watch City Armory TK bucket.

Nice paint job thus far. Nice and clean. It looks like you are making some great progress. Here's my two cents:

• I agree with Jim about lowering the biceps.
  • I like the angular nature of the pauldron. Reminds me of the video game images. How did you accomplish that?
  • It could be the angle, but it looks like your right forearm is fitted well to the arm, but the left looks to be needing more of a taper. Looks like there is a lot of space near the elbow. Hard to tell for sure in these photos.
  • I'm curious how you have the chest and back strapped to the abdomen/kidney assembly. I think the chest should overlap the abdomen more. Once you put the pack on, your chest will likely pull up further and will no longer overlap the abdomen at all. Likewise, it looks like some strapping between the back and the kidney could straighten the back plate.
  • Al is correct about the thigh ammo belt. It needs to be centered. From the back photo, it looks to be twisted too far.

-Toddo

I wanted the paint perfect. On my Mando, there is not a single run, and all of my lines are crisp. I wanted it here too. I'm going to address your points in order:

• I can lower the biceps no problem :)
  • I just put it on... haha. Nothing intentional going on here. It is fully tightened though.
  • Neither gaunt is fitted well actually. They're narrow, but wicked tall. Like I refuse to believe anyone's arms are like these.
  • Chest and back are strapped at the shoulders. Chest is actually snapped to a very secure strap on the ab. So it cannot leave the ab all together. And as far as overlapping more, physically impossible for this kit. I don't know the original maker, but its way too small in some places (and I'm a SMALL guy), and far too large in others. I will be addressing the back tomorrow morning before class.
  • I see the issue. I tightened the way the thigh fit me, and did not adjust the ammo belt with it. That'll be addressed tomorrow.

I keep getting comments that the bucket is too big, but honestly, I don't see a way I could possibly fix it.

This all being said, if anyone has spare gauntlets, chest and/or back, or a smaller sized helmet lying around, feel free to PM or email me. Always up for a trade or sale :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I wanted to take a picture to convey in other people's minds (not you guys, more like Facebook) that made them see this pack like I do. So I bought primer, and primed it. This is NOT the final coat of primer, as there as still many things to fix, such as the lip on the toolbox. Ignore the one year old feeling my pack. Hahaha

PhotoDec1771752PM.jpg

Too Cute.. a little Jawa hand or something just randomly in the pic... LOVE IT. :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

Well, aside from the little things they all said, it looks great! Especially the clean paint lines.

- Master Tej -

EDIT: I'd recommend against fixing the backpack to the back plate. Not only does that mean that a lot of weight will throw off whatever set up you're using for attachment of the plates, but it also means that you can't leave the backpack behind for unofficial troops, in the event that you wanted to do such a thing.

EDIT: I'd recommend against fixing the backpack to the back plate. Not only does that mean that a lot of weight will throw off whatever set up you're using for attachment of the plates, but it also means that you can't leave the backpack behind for unofficial troops, in the event that you wanted to do such a thing.

I was not planning on it. I don't know if I gave this impression, so I apologize.

I see the confusion. :laugh1:

What I meant to say was, "The back isn't straight. don't know if I'll fix it DUE to the giant pack I have to wear." Saying basically since It'll be covered, why fix it?

Looking at the back photo, you'be got plenty of play in the shoulder straps over the back plate. What I would do is lengthen the distance a tad between the chest and back. That will lower the chest plate enough over the abdomen.

As far as the helmet goes, PM inbound.

Looking at the back photo, you'be got plenty of play in the shoulder straps over the back plate. What I would do is lengthen the distance a tad between the chest and back. That will lower the chest plate enough over the abdomen.

As far as the helmet goes, PM inbound.

Didn't think about that. I'll try it :D

I see the confusion. :laugh1:

What I meant to say was, "The back isn't straight. don't know if I'll fix it DUE to the giant pack I have to wear." Saying basically since It'll be covered, why fix it?

Wait, wait, I get it now! I admit, I did think that was a rather odd idea, attaching the backpack to the backplate.

- Master Tej -

I'm working on a "size small" helmet, since there aren't set sizes, its smaller than screen derived so shorter troopers don't have the Bobble head thing going on. But dam, your like a Japanese super-deformed character with that thing! I've never heard of that maker before.

Well I didn't get to any straping issues today, but I did do this.

Also, for the armor, I got a new Rustoleum 3x thick Glazing clear coat. I'm going to try it tomorrow, but has anyone used it?

PhotoMar12105426PM.jpg

PhotoMar12111817PM.jpg

PhotoMar13124839AM.jpg

PhotoMar13110319AM.jpg

Nice looking helmet, love how clean the lines are (again)! What tape do you use?

As for a clear coat, although it will provide protection, it may dull the shine of your gold/black. It might be a good idea to test it on scrap pieces of plain black ABS and gold painted ABS to see how it looks and aid in your decision.

- Master Tej -

Nice looking helmet, love how clean the lines are (again)! What tape do you use?

As for a clear coat, although it will provide protection, it may dull the shine of your gold/black. It might be a good idea to test it on scrap pieces of plain black ABS and gold painted ABS to see how it looks and aid in your decision.

- Master Tej -

Thanks man! The tape is nothing special, just not the cheap generic kind. I think it's like Scotch brand? I may be wrong though. Over the years I've used all different types of tapes to find which is best, and I think they're all the same if used correctly.

I've just had lots...

PhotoJan2821515PM.jpg

And lots of practice sigiling.

PhotoFeb0583405PM.jpg

The bucket looks similar to scootch's, but I see minor differences. What is the measurement ear cap to ear cap across the front?

The bucket is three floors down. The Glaze is curing, so I don't really want to go grab it and measure it. The maker is Stormtrooperguy.

PhotoMar1475405PM.jpg

Shoulder pouch looks perfect to me :thumbsup: The belt pouch could maybe be a bit lower but I think that's just personal preference and the way you've got it seems totally acceptable so again :thumbsup: