THE TROOPER Blackhole Build

Thank bros......Its very encouraging. I really want the black backpack to complete the overall look, but dont think its approvable on this guy. Now what i really want is the jet pack but will probably get thrown out of the legion....lol :teehee: Thanks guys....

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there are the two space pack stormtroopers outside the Death Star when the Falcon is pulled in. Maybe you could do a non-canon version of that?

It looks like you're using elastic strapping on your mid back plate piece to connect to the lower butt plate. I would suggest using nylon strapping. Over time with sweat accumulation that elastic will start to expand and not pull back as tight and you'll end up with a drooping effect. I had elastic strapping on my thighs at first and within 5-10 troops..(I don't remember exactly) they were sagging and I had to change them out for nylon. The nylon also withstands the rubbing from the armor edges better than elastic.

From what I can see, everything else looks like a solid build. Good job on the thighs. Because of the length, they can be one of the hardest pieces to assemble without gaps.

SEE....SEE ......how short his upper leg armor is compared to his arm......lol...sorry Al,,,,,,as for the elastic between the butt and back,i use waterprof strips and its folded for reinforcing,later in life after armor "settles" we can do the straps........on a side note..Al is a very difficult body to fit...i am happy with the build so far and more just amazed at Als patients...i would be going crazy its not done yet....but being a new englander...snow can bring the empire to its knees......black snowtroopers?

The hot glue gun i have 2 settings...i will use thiner abs and the hotest seting,pump it on the snap and wail till the abs is soft,,then press hard,let it cool than over lap pushing glue in any spots i missed , and then i overlap the corners...it has held up on all my armors

Someone call Vader...this trooper has 2 right hands! ;)

yeah, but he directed Rocketeer, so we'll let it slide.

Ok gang...got some new pics...my shiny black bootties came in. Also my black canvas belt came in.....not much, but just to show you that (The Shadow Project) is comin along quickly now. More to show you by tomorrow after i get back from ((Walts Trooper Factory)) aka WTF!!!! :shok::laugh1: Thanx Walt...... :thanks::teehee::ShadowStorm:

Theshadowproject002_zpsed185470.jpg

Theshadowproject004_zpsc9f256e3.jpg

Theshadowproject003_zpse30d5e6e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok my brothas and sistas, got some teaser shots before some final tweaking that my wife took real quick. I know its not finished, and yes open to comments and thanx for them. As soon as i make one more final trip to Walts Trooper Faktory, ( WTF ), I should be a go for final pics up and down and submission, in which i cant wait because this is my favorite trooper.

shadowproject001_zps80bbbdc4.jpg

shadowproject004_zpsf6aecb91.jpg