Scubacat's Builds

Yeah I have a nice little scar now from it. Well, this last weekend was Denver Comic Con and it was also my birthday June 1. ^^ I got to get an autograph and meet William Shatner, George Takei, and a few other awesome stars while there. ^^ Had a great time and got a lot of cool things to add to my room and many great memories. ^^

• 2 months later...

Well I was at my very first function with my garrison, even without armor, and it was a blast! We did a live build demonstration and I really can't wait to get in my armor now! I wish that I could speed it all up! It is looking like I might be able to get a bunch done next week, even if I don't have boots or a belt. I will also probably be needing some fans and thermal detonator clips. Maybe even a new under armor top( I have the pants covered). Getting closer with each step though and a few questions.

1. Gloves.....I have some but they are.....ok if I don't want to be able to pick up small things.

2. is it ok to have foam in some of my armor so that it fits ok.

3. fogging up in the lenses, what should I use?

4. where do I put my radio thing? around my neck? (can I protect it from rain and other forms of moisture)

5. what can I modify so that I can move easier?

Yep......they are awesome!

tumblr_mrdd6tvhED1r6alpno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mrdd6tvhED1r6alpno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mrdd6tvhED1r6alpno3_1280.jpg

Hey also just wondering, does anyone have any idea where I can get an extra ab plate button areas along with the buttons? I do not appear to have mine and my kit has not gone anywhere other than my house. I have already looked and turned my house upside down three times looking for this!

1 go to wal-mart in hard wear dept you can get gloves that have rubber tips and the top is mesh like lets your hands breath for colder troops i bought under armor gloves on e-bay to keep my hands warm

2 yes adding foam is part of fitting the armor to you

3 some use rain X wipes some go to eye care center like at wal mart or where you like and buy anti fogging wipes also when you put your fans in position 1 to across your lenses helps keep moisture off them

3 most attach their sound system on their chest plate i prefer a wireless method in my helmet and on my chest plate

4 get your armor built strapped then determine where you need to tweak it to fit better like to adjust a piece or even if need be cut a piece

these are my suggestions i'm others might have other opinions i'd contact the armor seller let them know you didn't get an AB button plate for your buttons most kit sellers provide buttons ask about that too or go to FISD ( whitearmor.net ) on going sales section you can buy buttons there

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16842-vaderdave-tk-ab-button-kits-are-back/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22546-ap-te-style-thermal-det-aluminum-clipsw-hardware/

Awesome! This helps a bunch! I have been looking at a few different types of foam so far and I think I found some pipe insulation that will work great.

I will post pictures of more of the build. I recently have just been sanding edges. I may need pics of close up detail of the arms and legs from others.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I now wear gloves whenever I work on my armor. I am going to a local armor party that will be all day so hopefully I will get a lot done! :) I will put up pics as soon as I can!

Also, yesterday I went on my first troop ever! (even though it was unofficial) My garrison needed another person or two so I volunteered and IT WAS AWESOME! I went as a snow trooper! I had a great time and the kids there had so much fun along with the adults! My cheeks still hurt from grinning so much. I will put up pics of that too as soon as I can.

Nice work Torri! :)

I have my first unofficial troop this weekend too, wearing my heavily modified Rubies while I still wait for my Shadow Trooper kit to arrive :D

Nice! I look forward to seeing pics from your troop! I may have another troop on the 8 but I hope to have mine done or mostly done by then. :)

Glad you got to get a troop in! Cant wait to see your TX finished. We will need to get a bunch of the TXs from the MG to have a photo shoot.

Also, I might be trooping with you on the 8th, if my armor gets here this week~!

Yeah we will! I am not sure who all has TXs though.

Sweet! I am going but probably as a handler since my TX might not be finished by then. I still need to get black boots unless I can just wear black shoes for it.

Awesome! Yeah then we really have to get a group pic together! I need to finish my TX so bad!I am sanding a bunch today and hopefully putting together the last parts.

I was working on a few parts today as well. Weir stuff, painting and cutting. I have the rest of my kit being made. I am going to assume that if I dont hear about it being shipped by tomorrow, it will be after Dragon*Con.

I miust have missed it in your thread, but what kit are you building?

Yeah probably will be after with the time but hope you get your kit!

I am working on a shadow/blackhole stormtrooper. I have yet to get boots and a proper belt though, so that will have to wait.