Magma DeathMOS

I got my armor yesterday

95472610151570581756773.jpg

I have my work cut out for me for sure.

I did find a wonderful tutorial on youtube and also have been researching and reading beforehand hopefully this goes smoothly.

This is my first armor build.

Wish me luck. I will continue to post more photos of my progress.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my armor yesterday 95472610151570581756773.jpg I have my work cut out for me for sure. I did find a wonderful tutorial on youtube and also have been researching and reading beforehand hopefully this goes smoothly. This is my first armor build. Wish me luck. I will continue to post more photos of my progress.

Congrats on your setup! It looks like you are off to a great start! :)

Great Kit, and with a bit of polish after everything is built what might look slightly pink in the picture turns into a mirror finish blood red. A Magma is a thing of beauty.

Just take your time and you'll end up with a fantastic Costume!

Splatt - Correct me if I'm wrong but Magams are the best, right ;).

Magma+Trooper.jpg

Good luck with the build.. slow and steady is the key.. just keep track of everything so you dont end up like me right now (ab buttons missing... i had them yesterday! arrrrgh!!)

keep us posted on progress. :)

Thank you everyone for the well wishes I will definitely update on my progress and hopefully provide better quality pictures. I was using my cellphone and its an older model. Next time I will use my digi cam and natural sunlight.

I am hoping to gather the tools and get started sometime this week. Still finishing watching a amazing tutorial I found on youtube

Thank you all and hope to upload some progress pictures soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Some work I did on Saturday night/early morning. I am hoping to complete the helmet today I broke one of my tools so I had to stop :(

29615210151590283421773.jpg

29615210151590283421773.jpg

The pics came out okay seems natural light is the way to go.

:) thanks I have a lot going on I think I will be finishing my Reserve Tie Pilot today since I just needed to redo the belt :) So I will post pics on the JRS soon for that. I posted the modified DL 44 I was working on the other day. Did a lot of trimming last night on the magma trooper. I hope to start my Tie Pilot next month :) I am enjoying all this projects its so much fun. Thanks for the well wishes.

Hello

Here are two pics of the work in progress for the DL 44 I used a airsoft gun and doopy doos modifiying kit.

60063510151590391306773.jpg

Just need to drill that lost hole glue and paint

94576310151590391316773.jpg

I will post pictures of the finished product for the DL 44

Magma troooper pics hopefully this weekend as well. Been trimming and cutting still need to get another tool though, but at least making some sort of progress :). I am shooting for the end of the month to have it all done which I think is possible.

does anyone know how many Magma Troopers there are in the 501st? Seems like we have very few compared to a lot of the other costume folks in the 501st.

Great Kit, and with a bit of polish after everything is built what might look slightly pink in the picture turns into a mirror finish blood red. A Magma is a thing of beauty.

Just take your time and you'll end up with a fantastic Costume!

Splatt - Correct me if I'm wrong but Magams are the best, right ;).

Magma+Trooper.jpg

But of course! ;)

Even though this picture is not of me (I believe it's FLY JEDI) it shows off the awesomeness that is Magma.

This one is me.....

f1512ab7-3598-46f0-882a-7846299147a5_zps8ca3c5a3.jpg

On the legion roster it only shows 8 Magmatroopers. How many are active is probably another story. It's definitely an attention-getter and (from personal experience) has been known to steal some of Vader's thunder at events. BOO-YAH!