Magma DeathMOS

Thanks for the advice. The only problem with lowering the brow is where the screws are and not being able to cover the holes. If I can heat it up and bend it down that could work.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the helmet is just too far gone to fix at this point so I am purchasing another and starting from scratch. There are just too many issues besides the ears I pulled back one side to much etc. So a costly lesson but thats ok. I know more now on how to put it together. I should have did more reasearch on the helmet. When I built it was too excitied and rushed it so this time did better research and will take my time. Thanks for all the help everyone. :)

• 4 weeks later...

The helmet I am going very slow so I will post pictures once finished and also the boots once painted

Okay so a test fit.

I already fixed the thighs and body so it wont slip.

However as you can see the ammo box dangling the rivets didnt hold so I am going to try and rivet them again if anyone has any suggestions about that please let me know.

Also the belt I saw on one site they Velcro the front part to the body any suggestions?

http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/stormtrooper/

uyt2.jpg

So after these couple of things the next pictures after the helmet will be the official so I can turn in my application. :)

The DL-44 finally got finished

h77e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So the screws should be painted red? I was wondering that myself as there wasn't much info. I must say I do like the gold color.

Thank you I took my time putting it together and did better research. I am so glad it came out good. I even finished installing the fans last night had to switch the 4AA to two 9v per fan so now it is good to go. :D I am so excited we have a troop this upcoming Saturday so hopefully I can make my debut.

You guys helmets look great to me so no worries :D

Thank you :) I am happy with it. Ok well since its not to big of a deal why not.

Oh here are some test run pictures. I am having some thigh sliding problems that I am trying to come up with a solution.

b1xg.jpg

xg9c.jpg

vxh3.jpg

c1a1.jpg

y7s5.jpg

Getting there for sure. In most of the pics it looks like your chest plate is riding a tad too low in that it is obscuring the top ab buttons. I'm guessing if you shorten the elastic straps between the chest and back just a bit you will solve that problem.

Actually the chest plate is unattached so I may have to make it a bit smaller or move down the body part not so sure which I will fiddle with it and see about a solution. Thank you for letting me know I wasnt so sure if it was covering up too much of the buttons.

so I thought about it yesterday I think a better option would be to shorten the body by cutting an inch off the body which seems to be a normal thing to do while I was doing research.

I do have a rather important question regarding the back of the thighs and shins.

I velcroed my shins and thighs together using this method, http://www.whitearmo.../Tutorials-legs

The only problem is the velcro shows slightly on the back of the shin edge and thigh edge once I put them on only if you look from the side but not looking directly behind and I was wondering how much of an issue is that?

Thigh on the left is my solution and the thigh on the right you can see the black velcro.

sofb.jpg

Shins

0x5s.jpg

Also on the shins I used this method the only problem I am having is with the left shin as it does not want to close around the boot.

http://forum.501stsp...hins-not-shift/

Left you see how it is bunching up the boot

8ubh.jpg

Right no issues

68gg.jpg

So is it possible to just have the shins sitting on top of the boot instead of around or do you think that would not work.

I just want to make sure when I do the pictures I can get approved.

Well, one thing you can do is not run the velcro right up to the lip. This will help to keep it from showing, though you will still get some gapping since the velcro is there. You could also try red velcro, which might not stand out as much (similar to the black velcro on a shadow).

http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-4-Inch-15-Feet-Fastener-Tape/dp/B00098BJC6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378503874&sr=8-1&keywords=red+velcro

My personal opinion is I prefer to clam shell with an elastic hook on the inside that helps keep the calm shell closed when worn, but it doesn't work for everyone.

I tried your idea and it worked like a charm. I will have to look into the clamshell so it wouldn't have a gap but for now it doesn't show so I can do the pictures and application. Thank you so much

Quick question I am considering ordering a red canvas belt since I need the ABS material to fix my thighs and shins (they need to be widened)

I was able to get feedback from my local squad folks so I have some things to fix and need more red abs material.

Sorry I kind of made it a statement. I was just concerned about the canvas belt and dismantling the red abs I have to use the materials from. I think it should be OK but as a back up do you think ata would sell like extra red abs?