Flametrooper tanks

I think it's the same as the standard tk.

Agreed. Francois at ImperialBoots.com offers them.

Yeah, Gio is a good fellow. Sometimes he has delivery issues though. The other thing with his boots are that he is missing the tread on the front of the boots.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys! Do you have clearer photos of the tank? I might get started on the 3D modelling of the tank :)

Some new pictures of the tanks out from the Hot Toys release. Check the Reference Pictures thread to see them.

Been working on the brace that goes around the tanks in Lightwave, Now with my traveling season starting, my time is limited to only a few hours on the weekends to work on my build :(

I did my tanks with that heavy weight paper, bristle board? Large 22" x 28" sheets, with 5 inch Styrofoam discs inside and then hardened. 3" discs for the smaller tank.

• Like 1

Some new pictures of the tanks out from the Hot Toys release. Check the Reference Pictures thread to see them.

Been working on the brace that goes around the tanks in Lightwave, Now with my traveling season starting, my time is limited to only a few hours on the weekends to work on my build :(

I did my tanks with that heavy weight paper, bristle board? Large 22" x 28" sheets, with 5 inch Styrofoam discs inside and then hardened. 3" discs for the smaller tank.

Pictures or it didn't happen! Seriously when you have a moment at home, can you show us your tanks so far?

agreed must see these candy coated pics! I'm salivating, ever since I seen the first pics online of the flametrooper I know I had to do one. I don't have the stature for it but who cares!!!

agreed must see these candy coated pics! I'm salivating, ever since I seen the first pics online of the flametrooper I know I had to do one. I don't have the stature for it but who cares!!!

I don't have the stature for Vader either, but I have two versions now :)

hmm, I'm wondering about everyone's consensus on size of tanks, I just don't think 5" tanks are correct. Looking at the tanks can we agree they somewhat overlap into one another? Based on this and your 5" tanks with the middle being 3" with an overlap of say an inch on either side you are looking at a span of 13" from end to end? I'm not the broadest shouldered dude on the planet but that seems a bit thin?

I'm going to try and do some mock ups with some PVC tubing just to check.

I have no idea really on the size of the tanks. Mock-ups would help, but when I measured-out 6" tanks on my own back it was too wide seemingly.

While there is some overlap, from the front the tanks don't protrude into the shoulder bell area. That's actually fairly narrow IMHO.

I had a friend who's a modeler see if he could scale the tanks for me and he said based on the 2" pressure gauge the tanks appear to be closer to 7" in size!!!!!

Wow! It would be great if we could see a visual representation compared to an average sized male. Are we sure that the pressure gauge is 2"?

I agree. They look very much like scuba tanks to me, but I would think they can't be anywhere near as heavy. I've been trying to find an affordable replica plastic scuba tank to use as a base. There is one out there designed for show room mannequins, but the tanks are still pricey.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a Starbucks' drive-thru yesterday when I noticed this bumper post sleeve. Evidently they are made of plastic so they would be light-weight and come in a variety of sizes including 6 inches.

B301BCD4-7B8C-4F16-B586-61EB0C7701B0_zpsaws0kred.jpg

• Like 1

I'm trying so hard not to watch too many trailers of the movie but dam it makes it hard when I see things like this, definitely lights! cool factor just went up!