Flametrooper tanks

This is the first perfect image I have seen of the front of the gun. Although quite excited, also somewhat disappointed at the design.

I was expecting some cool metal ejection tips like the types you may see on just about anything that produces a flame. I know the chemicals mix away from the tips before they ignite.

In the movie itself, I can't tell if it is a special effect or if they really did shoot out real flames - It looked like they actually were fully working to me during the quick solo scenes. Will have to wait for the bluray to watch it again now.

2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

Met an actor called Phoenix James at the weekend- he was a TFA stormtrooper and although not a Flametrooper he did try on the costume. So I took the chance to ask some questions about how the tanks attach to the armour.

His memory wasnt the best mind ! but what he did say was this :

1) the tanks we separate and attached to the frame

2) the backpanel of the armour had a specific backplate fitted inside it so that the tanks could be attached and removed.

3) he could remember having shoulder straps with webbing as we'd originally all thought

4) He believed the frame / backplate was attached to the armour and the tanks attached to this (as we all thought)

so the end result was that we thought the frame attached to the armour via the backplate within the armour, probably with pins and split pins to hold in place.

Gives a different thought on how this holds together and means that the tubular frame and how this is made is quite key to the build and that the tanks all "clip" on to this.

I'm at a few more conventions trooping this year so will keep an eye open for Flametrooper actors to dig a bit deeper.

• Like 2

Well-done Mark. See if you can get someone to make a sketch.