Novatrooper Medic

Fivezero

Well got the helmet primed for paint today (had no school, thanks snow :))

DSCF0016-1.jpg

I also ran out and grabbed some paint from Sherwin Williams. Here's what it looks like:

DSCF0005-2.jpg

Fivezero

:D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good to me. I think the lighting on the hunt area affected the color to create the tarnished look. It seems like there's alot of orange in that area that possibly caused the color palette to change slightly. I think the screenshots where the trooper is dsiplayed absent any outside influence is more similar to the color you've chosen FiveZero. But maybe using some clear coat like IZ did to mute the gold might help the coclor matching.

Looks good though :)

Thanks for the input guys, I will do some more experimenting with the color. :)

Anyway the helmet has started its path towards the dark side :P Got the first coat (hence why all the primer is poking through) of black on it today, hopefully get more coats on as the week progresses.

DSCF0013-1.jpg

Drop boxes are also painted and ready to go.

Fivezero

And the black is finished with this helmet. It's ready for its stripes now. :)

DSCF0001-1.jpg

Also tried a clear coat on top of another strip of this red.

DSCF0009-1.jpg

I don't know which I like better, hmm.

Fivezero

They both look good. The one on the right looks like the action shots and the middle one looks like the display screenshots. Are they both real glossy. If so I would go with the middle one :yes:

The middle is what I was leaning towards and think I'll definitely stick with it. Thanks guys. :)

Just finished painting the stripes on this thing (the camera flash makes it look more pink and vibrant than it actually is). Just need to do some touch up work.

DSCF0006-1.jpg

Now I need to get some lenses, trim and decals and it'll be finished.

Enjoy

Fivezero

And the helmet is done! :)

DSCF0001-3.jpg

The handplates have been painted too and I have the black on the calf drying right now. I should be able to paint the stripe on the top of the calf tomorrow.

Fivezero

• 2 weeks later...

So got the calf painted last week (didn't get a chance to post it until now).

DSCF0001-4-1.jpg

Also did some final things to the helmet like moving the tube stripes up and some paint touch up. Now I need to finish up the Darktrooper pieces so I can get some arm armor.

Fivezero