Novatrooper Medic

Fivezero

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the other set of arms is done!

DSCF0002-2.jpg

Now to get them all rigged up, maybe have some pictures later this week?

Fivezero

:D

Oh and I have the test strips done too, I'll get pictures later when they're all set.

lol That totally made me think of Pirates climbing around on the rigging of a tall ship :D (random I know sorry lol)

Yeah, well...I think there's been plenty of randomness in this thread already. I'm used to it now. :lol:

Fivezero

Random? But spec ops never goes off topic! :D

Of course, I'm sorry for misspeaking. Your greatness has put me back into line. :P

Anyway, here's a comparison between the untreated paint (on the left) and the future shine coating.

DSCF0010-1.jpg

The gloss seems to darken the overall color and make it a little more red (or something I can't place my finger on)? I still don't like it too much, but I'll see what happens when it goes to get approved.

Fivezero

• 3 weeks later...

So got some pics taken today. :)

100_4959-1.jpg

Unfortunately my strap broke on my left shoulder as I was about to take the first picture (if it looks a little funky). That and I forgot to pad the arms to keep them from moving around. <_< I also decided not to use a thermal detonator since the original one in-game didn't have one. But I do feel that I will need one, especially since the Basic Nova CRL has a det. I'll see what happens.

Stupid lighting is also making it look more pink than it actually is.

Fivezero

I also decided not to use a thermal detonator since the original one in-game didn't have one. But I do feel that I will need one, especially since the Basic Nova CRL has a det. I'll see what happens.

Non of the SWG troopers have thermal dets, so it's safe to say that one will be needed as it is based on standard TK armor. Sort of like the scouts not having boot holsters. There are enough references to show that all scout class armors would have it.

-iz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I got an AM kit the other day after receiving feedback on the Medic. I decided to just go ahead and upgrade to the black ABS (I'm sick of paint). That and the fit is so much better, no huge massive gaps and no shims needed on the legs!!

Anyway after working on it all weekend the entire kit is surprisingly just about together. I was just hoping to get the chest and back put together, but got a little carried away and was in a good rhythm. Now I need to attach the knee plate and thigh belt and paint and assemble the arm armor (however those will be gold not light red). Still doing some adjustments and trimming to make it a wee bit more comfortable but it's coming together nicely. So here's a pic for you guys (sorry the camera lens was dirty, so if looks splotchy that's why).

DSCF0006-2.jpg

I hope to get some new pics taken in the next couple days.

Fivezero

If you want me to photoshop out that strap on a pic to use for something let me know. Just PM me with a link to a high rez copy of the image.

And this should be the Specops banner, lol

thread_direction.gif

I am so putting that in my sig! (Looks like you brought up limiting sig banner sizes just in time, DE!)

Hey! So I was just notified that this thing has been approved! Woot!

Fivezero

(now to finish up the kit, and get back to the Darktrooper)