Thomas DT (belgium)

• 3 months later...

I see a few problems that will affect approval and a few that are just accuracy issues to be addressed in the future.

First the front:
gu3N1O.jpg

• The most noticeable issue is that your shoulder bells are on backward. Just switch those around to the other arms and you will be okay.
  • Your shoulder straps definitely need to be fitted lower as well, as in bring them forward toward the neckline. The top of the buckles should ideally be flush with the neck opening.
  • Bring your front cloth pouch closer to your belt buckle. Match it with the spacing you have on your right side pouch and that will be great.
  • Twist your left forearm armor so that the silver impellers are on top of your forearm and the "groove" section is further toward the backside of your arm.
  • As a side note, I would weather all the silver buckles and parts of your armor and helmet (minus the belt buckle) to be much, much darker. They should ideally be a dark gray metallic, preferably with a look as though they were originally black and the black paint has chipped away. That should be an accuracy issue and not a approval issue.

8zZcCR.jpg

•  I'm not sure what is going on with this plate, exactly. I believe the thermal detonator should be fastened much higher than it currently is. I would say in the space directly below the triangular section. CRL pic:
    G6JLyX.jpg

xNYZeH.jpg

• It shouldn't affect approval, but your side buckle should be tilted to match the angle of the edge of your chest plate:
    qGAUAO.jpg
  • Your leather pouch is much too large and should be moved forward toward the front canvas pouch:
    w4eUFI.jpg
  • I can't tell if the thigh section (circled in green) is ribbed or not. If it is not, it will need to be. If it is, no worries.

EJlPxR.jpg

• Same issue with this buckle as the other side. No biggie.
  • Your holster, much like your leather pouch on the other side, is much too large. You will need to get a more accurate holster. The strap that goes around the belt should only be about 2 inches wide.
  • Your blaster is holstered incorrectly. It should be like this:
    pdyFZN.jpg
    The long strap around the scope mount and the small loop around the scope. The way you have yours, I'm afraid you are going to lose your blaster, besides the accuracy issue.

Overall, you've done a great job! Death Trooper armor is a very detailed build and can be difficult to complete. As it is, you will not be approved by your GML, but your issues are minor and can be fixed easily. Don't let that dissuade you, though. You should be very proud of getting this far! Take care of these small issues and you're good!
I look forward to your approval.

• Thanks 2

Hi there, sorry I had to rush this because zero time, this means I may also be repeating what others have already said. Apologies for this!

First of all, it should be acknowledged that this is a very difficult build and you have put in a great deal of work. It's look great however there are a few things that I feel require some attention to get you across the line.

DT REVIEW.jpg

1. Aircraft Buckle Should be black - D Ring is weathered aluminium

2. Shoulder bells need to be swapped

3. Belt should not overlap circle detail on the ab armor

4. Pouch needs to come towards buckle (all pouches, boxes and holster are spaced quite evenly around the belt)

5. Rubber bands should be closer together and don’t overlap, but rather are embedded into the ladder. There is a channel that runs through the ladder to allow this. Aluminium wrist rockets should be weathered too

6. Cod is hanging too low, should be tucked under belt

7. Inner thigh section should have visible ribs

8. Boot covers need to be secured down better

9. D-Ring and strap should be facing more forward, not straight down as shown

10. Leather pouch should have no visible stitching. Also there appears to be some webbing showing just to the left of the pouch?

11. Outer thigh section should have visible ribs

12. TD is mounted incorrectly to the TD plate, should be higher so that the TD plate can come down and we should be able to see the ^ pattern

13. Holster is incorrect and the blaster is strapped incorrectly. The right holster will set you straight!

Again keep up the great work, you're almost there! Sing out if you need any further assistance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thomas, lots of hard work has been done by you and is apparent. All the previous issues brought up are easy fixes. On 850's back piece there is a parallel features just below the ^ lines, the flat area between the ^ and the parallel is where your TD should be attached. Concerning your SE14 holster, Kerry Alan Roundtree makes an awesome and accurate set, he is on Facebook and can be found in the Death Trooper Build Group.  https://www.facebook.com/kerry.rowntree.5

The rubber on the outer thighs is ribbed side facing out, the pieces that came with your kit should have the ribs, just detach them and turn them around.

You can put a strip of 1/2 inch velcro along the ridge at the top of your cod piece and along the inside lower edge of your belt, this will keep the cod in place. Put another strip of velcro along the ridge just below the circle on your abdomen, and on the inside top of your belt. Don't worry about the number of horizontal "ribs" on the abdomen that show. There is no required # that must show. Us short folks may only have 1 or none showing, whereas a taller trooper may have 5-7 showing.

Keep at it, you're doing well. This album may help you out, there are also several really good build threads in this forum you can reference to assist you. http://imgur.com/a/7GT4R

Keep posting your adjustments, we will help you get things right.

@nanotek @Devolver @Chaos Thanks a lot for your opinions ! 

Yes know i see sommes ''details'' that must be changed. I will trim to finish it probably next mounth. Actually i've begin a New project (mudtrooper) more simple ?

For the paint it's easier to me but the rest need more work, and i look for the holster thanks !

Your answers is precious to me ! 

For the tight i finally use screw and strap glued inside, after control all is good !

I'm happy to show you soon the result ?

• Like 2