Chargrilled Imperial Army Trooper Build

Hi all,

Love the Army Trooper so I've started assembling components for the new Trooper CRL that's going to be going live.

I know it's not completely final yet but I couldn't resist, so I've only picked up parts that seem to be agreed upon, for example there doesn't seem to be much debate about the olive gloves, the style of pouches, and the belt.

Currently talking with Matt Nelson about getting a L2 harness, and with Jason of Intergalactic Supply about his upcoming IAT helmets. Also on order is a Condor MA33 and a Condor PB 2" belt with OD green buckle :D

Gloves - Olive green leather, ex-French Army:

32f11010794f5ef518dc307c6fe25766.jpg

c7a9b3a0e49372dc51635314d4e0855b.jpg

Pouches - 2x M47 handcuff pouch and a first response kit very similar to the "additional pouch" image:

bd54d786b52d2a40875ca49e72bc7efa.jpg

• Like 2

Me too. Just waiting for a few pics of the prospective jumpsuit to get one commissioned. Also found a pair of L2 boots (Hunters Bay from Ronan's thread), but waiting on pulling the trigger until I'm sure they're accepted.

Also found a store in the UK that sells Montana Gold Olive Green to spray the boots.

Let me know! :D

Quick update:

Ordered a harness from Matt, the Hunters Bay boots, and a pair of UVEX Futura Black Body goggles. Will be picking up a can of Montana Gold Olive Green to spray the boots (and maybe the frame of the goggles).

Just the helmet and jumpsuit to sort. Helmet should be fairly easy, just the jumpsuit I'm a little dubious about committing to as it will easily be the most expensive item. That being said however, Mike (Loanstar) is extremely helpful and quick to communicate, so I'm sure if any minor alterations were made to the CRL he'd be more than happy to do them for me.

Sounds good to me, will probably leave them black. Can of Montana Gold Olive Green arrived Friday ready to spray the boots when they show up.

Condor MA33, belt, googles and harness should be arriving by the end of next week. :D

A lot of good progress made today with the arrival of 3 items in the space of a few hours (what are the odds?)

Boots look good, and will scrub up nicely with a coat of olive green paint. With the legs of the jumpsuit bloused over by some trouser twists the zipper should be nearly invisible:esZBGBf.jpg

2VehIre.jpg

Very pleased with the look of the belt with 3 of the 4 pouches attached. MA33 should be arriving very soon to complete this section of the costume:

hUZcigI.jpg

Handmade harness from Matt also came. Love it, just needs properly adjusting and the excess cutting off when I have time:

Gn6Q3o0.jpg

Very excited! :D

• Like 2

More progress! Been a good week.

Final pouch arrived, completing the belt:

HNCvPGv.jpg

And the goggles were delivered at the same time:

w0ZkBMh.jpg

5Vmrarm.jpg

And some pictures of the finished belt and harness together. Harness still needs final adjustment for fit and the excess webbing cutting off, but so far I think it's looking good:

gi31ARg.jpg

zSXg5Cp.jpg

Patches for the jumpsuit sleeves have been ordered from WTF and will be shipped directly to Mike of LS for fabricating the suit!

Getting there! :D

• Like 2

A lot of good progress made today with the arrival of 3 items in the space of a few hours (what are the odds?)

Boots look good, and will scrub up nicely with a coat of olive green paint. With the legs of the jumpsuit bloused over by some trouser twists the zipper should be nearly invisible:

These are the exact boots I'm going to use on my engineer too. They are perfect.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm brand new and am looking to do the army trooper. Anyway, while looking at the flight suit requirements on the CRL, I noticed that it looks very similar to older US Army Utility coveralls. I reanact both WW2 and Vietnam and it just clicked. Anyway, I had read (somewhere in this thread) that you were looking for that.

These are basicly the same (based on what I can tell):

http://www.mcguirearmynavy.com/US-Army-GI-Cotton-Utility-Coverall-OD-Green.html

I have never used this company, but I do know that they list the NSN number, so that can be helpful for people in the future. Hope that helps

Hi, I'm brand new and am looking to do the army trooper. Anyway, while looking at the flight suit requirements on the CRL, I noticed that it looks very similar to older US Army Utility coveralls. I reanact both WW2 and Vietnam and it just clicked. Anyway, I had read (somewhere in this thread) that you were looking for that.

These are basicly the same (based on what I can tell):

http://www.mcguirearmynavy.com/US-Army-GI-Cotton-Utility-Coverall-OD-Green.html

I have never used this company, but I do know that they list the NSN number, so that can be helpful for people in the future. Hope that helps

Thanks for posting that! We can never have too many resources for costume components.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Progress has slowed slightly, although today I sent Mike of LS payment for my suit and confirmed the details with him, also sent him PM07's picture as a reference.

Jason of IGS has telemetry boxes on the way and is touching up his IAT mold.

Also ordered my DH-17 which will be sent to Burkbench who can make a custom holster to match the unique ones in the art.

Main issue at the minute is the patches from WTF. Made a post in the Facebook group enquiring about lead times, just waiting for a response :)

Slowly but surely.

• Like 1
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, Chargrilled said:

Main issue at the minute is the patches from WTF. Made a post in the Facebook group enquiring about lead times, just waiting for a response :)

Slowly but surely.

currently that is a problem for a lot of people.  I knew this was going to be a hot issue so I rounded up cash and ordered immediately when they went on sale, but I know several others that have purchased and been left in a lurch.  I do not know if these are still on the WTF patch sale page or not, but I know people are still trying to get their patches after ordering months ago. 

Sebastian originally had 200 patches made which is 100 suits.  An odd number were left over meaning people bought one patch likely to collect.  We do need a supply of these patches to move a lot of people forward.  Maybe I got lucky and got mine soon after I ordered because I purchased a group of them for the Garrison. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

The patches seem to be a major sticking point here. I had 2 ordered and the shipping address set as Mike in Germany who is making the jumpsuit.

As it seems it may be some time before the patches are produced again, I've asked Mike if he can send the suit as soon as it's ready (he also has my black TIE/Gunner suit in-hand so he can get the sizing right for this one) and I'll think of something for the patches later on.

I'm itching to get the suit on with the webbing and boots to see how it all looks.