PaulM DT Build

Hi All,

It's been awhile sense I introduced myself I have started my DT build and this is where I'm at. I've gone over this forum quite a bit and been looking at everyone's builds.

So this is my list.

Helmet - Originally I purchased one from Plastic Arms but could not get it to fit right. Big Head so I'm going with

Jim Tripon - Received

Armor - Jim Tripon - Received

Undersuit - Made myself

Gloves - Endorfinders - Received

Boots - Dr Martens - Received

Se14r - Roman Bela - Received

E11d - Roman Bela - Received

Belt and Pouches - Armory Shop - Received

I have some misc items still to get but the journey has begun.

Any comments are more than welcome.

Hi All,

It's been awhile sense I introduced myself I have started my DT build and this is where I'm at. I've gone over this forum quite a bit and been looking at everyone's builds.

So this is my list.

Helmet - Originally I purchased one from Plastic Arms but could not get it to fit right. Big Head so I'm going with

Jim Tripon - Received

Armor - Jim Tripon - Received

Undersuit - The DarkSide Closet - Ordering Soon

Gloves - Endorfinders - Received

Boots - Dr Martens - Received

Se14r - Roman Bela - Received

E11d - Roman Bela - Received

Belt and Pouches - Armory Shop - Ordered should be shipping soon

I have some misc items still to get but the journey has begun.

Any comments are more than welcome.

9aeea64aa4a3324664ca72e1694302ac.jpg

Jim's Kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

dad4c10f0b22ad5b1504d3a7130fbec8.jpg
Started to put clear coat on and this happened. Waited about four days for black to cure but apparently it wasn't long enough. I'll be sanding this one out just glad it's another helmet I had and not the one I'll be using.

3fe31bb465bfbd00f52792ff7d1b5fed.jpg7a23daff60545141fdd7bb9a80730385.jpg
Thinking of using this fabric for my undersuit. Couldn't get a good picture of it but it's has a little more shine to it. It's very flexible and will breathe well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Looks amazing, what did you use for lights in your helmet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I used green LED's that I defused so it wouldn't have bright spot in the middle.

• 6 months later...

Started to work on the strapping. I decided to go with snaps to hold the front and back plates together. Then I'll just use velcro to hold the shoulder straps on. I think I'm going to be attaching everything to the front and back so I just wanted a little more strength to hold all this together.

IMG_2310.JPG

IMG_2304.JPG

IMG_2306.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Got some work done on my belt. I went with a  1 1/2" nylon belt on the back side of the rubber belt to help hold everything together. I used chicago scews to hold the 

pouches and holster to the nylon belt. This way nothing is really hanging on the rubber belt. I also wanted to use the nylon belt with parachute buckles on the ends

so that I can get the belt tight on me. Then I'll just use some velco in certain places to hold the rubber belt in place. Hopefully I can get the rest of this thing fitted this 

weekend and finally get some paint on it.

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

• 3 months later...

So I'm finally back at it and decided to make my own undersuit. I used a pair of pajama bottoms for the basic patterns and just kept tweaking them

until I got the right fit. I'll use a pair of suspenders to help with holding them up as the fabric I'm using is a little slippery. Overall they fit good.  

IMG_2417.JPG

• Like 1

This is the top I put together kind of did the same thing I did with the pants. I found a T-shirt pattern and modified it for all the different patterns. It took some time to get it so I 

wouldn't sew myself into a corner. It defiantly had to be sewn a certain way. The only thing I have to do to it is sew the hems which I will do when I get all the armor in place. 

IMG_2464 (1).JPG

• Like 1