New CRL Proposal - Mudtrooper

RAIDER

If Shoretrooper CRL doesn’t reference the Bicep detail then let’s consider leaving out.

For patch, maybe we settle in between. Imperial insignia to be worn for Lvl1, but must be PVC screen accurate version for Lvl2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

1) Updated blasters.  Look it over @areilly and make sure I have the right info in there on those.

2) @Blackwatch updated grenades and bandolier.  Give that a look over.

3) I adjusted patch for Level 1 and 2 on the tunic.

4) No addition of the fish hook detail on biceps.

If all of the above looks good, everyone please do one final look over.  Check grammar, check punctuation, check measures, check colors, check it all and make sure we are set and haven't overlooked anything.

FINALLY, let's arrange the items in a nice order and we will be set to hand this over to @Scubacat and the LMOs.

• Like 1

I read it through 2 more times and made some minor edits...nothing major.  I also did some rearranging of the items to something that makes more sense in terms of progression.

I would like to see a couple more people read it through if possible.  THANKS!!!

• Like 1

I would like to see a couple more people read it through if possible.  THANKS!!!

I’ve been reading in parts. Should be able to finish review today.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention...in order to finish our submission to the LMOs we will need to include photos.  I would like to extend to @darthcashman , as he provided the initial write-up proposal, the opportunity to model the Mud Trooper for the CRL provided the parts of the costume can meet the final CRL submission.

@Morizhara if you read this prior to him, could you please pass word.  I will send a PM as well.

Since we would like to get this done sooner than later, if he is unable to provide the photos, we would be happy to open the opportunity up to someone who can provide the pictures matching the CRL accurately.

Almost there folks!

• Like 2

Read through it and my suggestions are below:

A telemetry unit is attached to the right side of the dome and is aligned just above the rim.

I would change this to “aligned with the rim” - the bottom edge appears to be right on or very slightly below the top of the rim.

A large buckle greeblie on the lefthand side through which the 40mm elastic is threaded. This greeblie features a beige square.

“Features a beige or red square” - Han is seen with a red one

Imperial cog patches are PVC material.

“Imperial cog patches are textured vinyl material” - the Anovos ones are labeled as vinyl, and mentioning texture to differentiate between the flat printed vinyl patches used on some of the OT uniforms.

an addition to the grenade section to mention the attachment location and strap:

”Grenade is attached via a strap looped through or attached to the right shoulder buckle. Strap is attached to either side of the grenade’s center greeblie with loops around the shaft of the grenade and closed with snap buttons.”

Next two in the E-10 section

Tactical flashlight (Surefire scout M300 or replica) mounted on right side of barrel.

Change to left side

Power cylinder is larger with 2 outer cylinders and 2 smaller central cylinder.

I’m not seeing the central cylinders in any of the images, just the outer two with one off center pin in the middle area, so leave off the 2 smaller central cylinder.

Read through it and my suggestions are below:
A telemetry unit is attached to the right side of the dome and is aligned just above the rim.
I would change this to “aligned with the rim” - the bottom edge appears to be right on or very slightly below the top of the rim.
A large buckle greeblie on the lefthand side through which the 40mm elastic is threaded. This greeblie features a beige square.
“Features a beige or red square” - Han is seen with a red one

Imperial cog patches are PVC material.
“Imperial cog patches are textured vinyl material” - the Anovos ones are labeled as vinyl, and mentioning texture to differentiate between the flat printed vinyl patches used on some of the OT uniforms.

an addition to the grenade section to mention the attachment location and strap:
”Grenade is attached via a strap looped through or attached to the right shoulder buckle. Strap is attached to either side of the grenade’s center greeblie with loops around the shaft of the grenade and closed with snap buttons.”

Next two in the E-10 section
Tactical flashlight (Surefire scout M300 or replica) mounted on right side of barrel.
Change to left side

Power cylinder is larger with 2 outer cylinders and 2 smaller central cylinder.
I’m not seeing the central cylinders in any of the images, just the outer two with one off center pin in the middle area, so leave off the 2 smaller central cylinder.

Thanks. I will adjust tomorrow. Only adjust we will not do is the Han specific red square. This CRL will be for standard MTs as “Hero” characters are not typically admitted into the Legion (ie Stormtrooper Han).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, JAFO said:

2b43835056869d09bce5708b2d16d507.png

Is that a small central cylinder or just a pin?

On second thought, scratch my edits to the power cylinders. Looking at the location of the second central pin/cylinder on the shoretrooper, it wouldn’t be visible in the MT shots we have, and all other indications are that it would be the same or very similar to the R1 parts.

Edits made to grenade location/strap, TU alignment, and E-11 flashlight location.

@areilly Can you clarify what you're saying regarding the patch?  We currently have the patch w/ no mention of material for Level 1 and PVC as the stated material for Level 2.

Lastly, in case I don't hear back from @darthcashman regarding being the CRL model, do we have (or know of) anyone else that can step up to provide the pics?  We are at a point where that will stall out progress until we can submit pics w/ this proposal to the LMOs.

8 hours ago, Raider said:

@areilly Can you clarify what you're saying regarding the patch?  We currently have the patch w/ no mention of material for Level 1 and PVC as the stated material for Level 2.

I'm just referring to the level 2 option for the screen-accurate patch. They are "3D embossed vinyl", as opposed to PVC, granted I don't imagine anyone will validate the exact material past "it's plastic".

The embossed/textured part is worth mentioning to avoid confusion with the flat printed vinyl patches like on the OT TIE pilot, since they switched to this style of cog patch with R1 & Solo. The cog design itself is different in geometry from the old ones as well.

v1sE3rO.jpg

99aadafdcb05ce357e06fc0e5035dd10.jpg

The (currently) only available patches for Lvl2 are very different in size. Once more reference becomes available we may need to decide whether the CRL will specify sizing.

This shouldn’t hold up publication of the CRL for now.

18 hours ago, Raider said:

Lastly, in case I don't hear back from @darthcashman regarding being the CRL model, do we have (or know of) anyone else that can step up to provide the pics?  We are at a point where that will stall out progress until we can submit pics w/ this proposal to the LMOs.

I know there's a kit nearing completion by someone who purchased from Diversity Props. That's about the most accurate I've seen out there in line with the current wording of the CRL.

OK.. finally had time to compete the review. See below.

New additions in GREEN

Changes to wording or grammar in YELLOW

Suggested deletions and reasoning in RED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helmet

An open-faced, flared helmet which consists of a dome with rim and helmet skirt.

A telemetry unit is attached to the right side of the dome and is aligned with the rim.

The lower end of the telemetry unit sits out from the helmet to allow the goggle elastic to feed underneath.

The telemetry unit consists of a rectangle box with detailing that should match the reference image. The telemetry unit is in the same color as the helmet.

The telemetry unit may feature a tied length of elastic bungee cord, approx. 4-5mm in diameter, looped around the outer upper section.

A small tactical torch may be worn below the telemetry unit. 

A rubber trim covers the edge of the helmet rim with the join made at the rear center of the helmet.

Metal/silver Imperial code disks are positioned on both sides of the helmet skirt. These may be weathered. Disks DO NOT feature grooves or a notch.

The helmet is to be painted in matte olive green (similar to Pantone350u) to match the armor. The helmet paint finish may be textured and is moderately weathered.

When worn without the respirator, a black chin cup with tan webbing strap must be visible.

Tan webbing should be lightly weathered.

OPTIONAL Level 2 Certification (if applicable):

The helmet has a polystyrene inner liner consistent with that of a skate or bike helmet. 

Torch on right side of helmet is similar to SureFire M300A.

Goggles

Goggles shall have an aged chrome frame with detail painting and weathering to match reference image. The knurled nose bridge adjuster is brass in appearance.

Goggles shall have a trim around metallic frame. Trim shall be rubber or foam.

Goggles have dark angled lenses featuring two flat panels per lens.

Goggle Strap features two sizes of elastic - approximately 25mm and 40mm. The thinner elastic strap attaches directly to the goggles and is sewn to the larger strap, which forms the main goggle strap.

The goggle strap features a number of buckles:

•    There are metallic buckles on each side of the goggles through which the 25mm elastic is threaded.

•    A large buckle greeblie on the left-hand side through which the 40mm elastic is threaded. This greeblie features a beige square.

•    Two black plastic tri-glides on the right rear through which the 40mm elastic is threaded.

OPTIONAL Level 2 Certification (if applicable) 

Serrated 25 mm slide buckles on each side of the goggles through which the 25mm elastic is threaded.

Respirator

The respirator is large enough to cover the wearers’ lower face and is wide enough to extend to either side of helmet.

The respirator has a ‘mouth’ which features a curved bottom, short curved vertical sides and arched top.

The mouth is painted matte black.

The mouth features seven vertical cut-outs in the top center. The three center lines shall be equal length and run from the top of the mouth to the middle. The next two lines on either side step down in size incrementally.

Metallic mesh similar to reference photo is visible through the cut-outs.

Two black rubber breathing hoses, approx. 30mm outer dimension, connect either side of the vertical cut-outs. The hose extends over each shoulder and connects to the hose connectors located at the top of the back plate.

The respirator features two rounded tusks that extend either side of the mouth.  

The end of each tusk features a filter. The filter consists of a raised center ring and three branches connecting the ring to the outside of the filter. In the center of each filter is a Hex socket cap screw. 

Filters are aged chrome in color, with outside edges slanted inward. 

Metallic mesh similar to reference photo is visible through between the branches of the filter.

The respirator shall be painted matte olive green (similar to Pantone 350u) and moderately weathered.

Above each tusk is a gun metal colored buckle through which 3/4in (19mm) tan webbing straps are fed. Each strap connects to a metal snap hook. These hooks are used to connect the respirator to the neck strap.

The neck strap consists of a length of 3/4in (19mm) tan webbing with metal D-Rings sewn in to place.

Tan webbing should be lightly weathered.

The respirator can be worn to cover the face or suspended around the neck of the wearer.

Scarf

A military style scarf is worn around the neck.

The color may be dark olive grey or green (no camouflage patterns) and should contrast with the tunic.

Parka

Russian Plash Palatka Style.

Parka is dyed or painted black.

Metal grommets shall be painted or covered with leather to mimic leather grommets.

Tied or otherwise attached under the chest armor and worn to cover the back plate.

Parka shall be heavily weathered.

OPTIONAL: Level 2 certification (if applicable):

Ring Grommets shall be leather to match reference photos.

Tunic/Jacket

A long-sleeved, Olive Grey, jacket that falls between upper and mid-thigh.

Has a high mandarin style collar with an open front.

Has two panels on either side of the front, hidden zipper, extending to the bottom of the jacket with a width of approximately 6" in width.

Has a stitched "cuff" on the sleeve that extends to around the middle of the forearm.

If side pockets are present, they are built into the jacket, with no covering flaps present.

No outer stitched pockets are acceptable unless they are fully covered by the armor.

May have code cylinder pockets on both outside panels of the jacket from about half way between the top and bottom on the arm hole.

There is an imperial cog patch sewn on each shoulder.

Shall be moderately to heavily weathered.

Optional Level 2 (if applicable):

Jacket is made of an Olive Grey 12-14 oz Bull denim Twill material.

Imperial cog patches are 3D embossed vinyl material.

There are code cylinder pockets on both outside panels of the jacket from about half way between the top and bottom on the arm hole.

Chest Plate

Chest Armor matches visual references.

Accurate shape/design to front of chest.

There is an indented area around the outer edge of the center flat section.

Buckles attached to upper chest plate.

Shoulder straps are affixed to the chest plate at the buckle.

To the lower left side of the center flat panel is a recessed area angled inward from bottom to top with a raised rectangle greeblie and a recessed horizontal elongated oval.

Left of the recessed area is a raised square that extends from the center to the curved side of the armor.

On the top left side of the raised area is a raised oblong detail that protrudes outwards.

Chest and straps shall be painted matte olive green (similar to Pantone350u) and be moderately weathered.

Back Plate

Back Plate has a collar that extends upwards and tapers to the chest plate.

Chest and back plate meet at the sides.

Black foam extends from the arm openings.

2 hose connectors located at the top of the back plate approximately centered above each rectangular cut-out/greeblie.

Back has two large cut out recesses with vent details and greeblies inside.

The walls and floor the recesses shall be matte olive green (similar to Pantone350u).

Each recess has different and specific set of boxes inside to match Rogue One backplates.

Bottom left features a smaller rectangle cut out with the left side stepped. The floor and the walls inside match the matte olive green (similar to Pantone350u) color of the armor.

Half circle indent detail beneath the backpack section must be present.

There is a long thin raised greeblie positioned central and below the 2 large recess.

There is a small raised circle greeblie positioned central and below the above named greeblie.

There is a raised slot on each shoulder for the straps to fit into.

Shoulder straps are matte olive green (similar to Pantone350u) with moderate weathering and are affixed to the chest plate at the buckle.

Black fabric or leather loop drop down from the bottom of the back plate through which belts must pass through.

Back plate is painted matte olive green (similar to Pantone350u) with moderate weathering.

OPTIONAL Level 2 Certification (if applicable):

The hose fittings are angled forward, and approximately the same size as the hoses.

Shoulder Bells

Each shoulder bell is a mirror image of the other.

The detailing of each shoulder bell is asymmetrical.

Shoulders should have a longer flat edge that covers top of bicep with a shorter flat edge that connects to chest armor

Shallow grooves are present in a pattern matching the photo.

Shoulders are painted matte olive green (similar to Pantone 350u) with moderate weathering.

Biceps

Bicep cover strips are raised and beveled with an added strip layer on top.

Left bicep is matte olive green (similar to Pantone 350u) with moderate weathering.

Right bicep armor is painted red with three yellow squares on the cover strip, with moderate weathering.

Biceps shall have moderate weathering. – DELETE AS IT’S SUPERFLUOUS.

Each bicep may feature a slanted fishhook detail that is inset into the bicep top facing outward.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

Right Bicep Red color is Toyota Red 3E5 or comparable matching paint color. 

Yellow color is Montana Gold Shock Yellow or comparable matching paint color. 

Gloves

Black gloves with black leather or leather-like material on the palm, thumb, and forefinger.

The black oval detail is aligned with the index finger of each hand.

Gloves have a U-shaped Velcro closure around the wrist.

Gloves shall have all logos removed.

Highlander brand Special Ops gloves are best match to reference.

R1 style gloves are also acceptable for approval.

Gloves are Highlander Special Ops gloves #GL033-BK, or an authentic replication thereof.

Upper Belt - Leather

The belt is constructed from a non-textured leather or a leather-like material.

Approximately 2" (50.8 mm) in width, up to 3" (76.2 mm) is acceptable.

There are no loops on the belt.

A single large snap or rivet is visible approximately 1" (25.4 mm) from the buckle.

The belt may be worn with the snap to the right or left of the wearer.

The buckle is a standard officer buckle.

Buckle is adorned with an Imperial Code Disk at the center.

Please refer to the Imperial Buckle reference page for information on accurate and inaccurate style buckles.

Two boxes shall be present on either side of buckle. Dimensions are approximately 2" (50.8mm) by 3" (76.2mm) by 1" (24.5mm).

Boxes shall be painted matte olive green (similar to Pantone 350u) and heavily weathered.

Belt shall be weathered appropriately.

Lower Belt - Webbing

Belt is black and is made from two nylon web straps sewn together with a zig-zag pattern which is approximately 3" (76.2mm) wide.

The belt features six boxes.  1 x standard drop box (worn on right side), 2 x small, 2 x medium (worn in the centre) 1 x long drop box (worn on the left).

Boxes shall be painted matte olive green (similar to Pantone 350u) and moderately weathered.

Belt shall be worn loose across lower abdomen.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

Long drop box is hinged.

Pants

Black heavy cotton pants with double reinforced thighs.

They do not have visible pockets or other adornment on the legs.

Shall be moderately to heavily weathered.

Shins

The shin plates (greaves) attach directly to the front of the boots using two rubber straps that thread through the back of the greaves.

Each strap affixes on the outer edge of the boot via a cam style buckle.

The rubber straps are ribbed, and equal in size, approx. 1.5” (38mm) wide.

Straps extend from each buckle, and the inner side of the greaves.

A “T” shaped knee plate is affixed to both greaves. It may appear to angle slightly away from the knee.

The ‘T” shaped plate features a slightly curved rectangle feature that follows the upper edge. The rectangle is raised.

Two triangular ‘knuckles’ are evident beneath the “T” shaped knee plate.

The greaves feature vertical indents and recessed rectangles that should match the reference image.

The bottom of the greaves angle outward to follow the curvature of the boot/foot.

Shins are painted matte olive green (similar to Pantone 350U) with heavy weathering. 

Boots

Jackboot style, knee high smooth black leather or leather like material.

Free of laces, decorative stitching, buckles on the instep or any other embellishments.

Boots may have a single adjustment strap at the top outside of the boot. This need not be functional.

Zippers on the inside of the boot are acceptable, so long as they are concealed.

Boots shall be tall enough to fit both shin straps.

Boots shall be heavily weathered

Style is same as Soviet Officer boots.

Boots should form fit to the calf and not be loose.

Boots do not have a zipper.

Boots are made of leather.

Not vinyl or PVC.

Exact replicas of Soviet Officer Boots.

Optional Accessories

Ammo Pouch

Yugoslavian M49 - M56 SMG style ammo pouch or replica. Replica must be made from leather or leather-like material.

Pouch is fitted with two straps.       

May be worn on either right or left chest with upper strap placed over the right shoulder and the lower strap across the chest passing under the left arm.

The pouch may also be worn around the waist and sit on the left hip. 

Pouches shall be weathered or otherwise aged.

Oiler pouch is optional and should be worn on the upper strap above the main pouches.

Ammo Pouch / Bandolier

Vietnam era 4 pouch 5.56mm ammunition cloth bandoleer. The pouches have been modified to make the pockets larger. 

Pouch is fitted with two straps and worn over left shoulder to right abdomen.

Pouches should be filled to give them shape and form.

Grenades

The grenade is based on the design of a WW1 German stick grenade.

The stick features a number of raised ridges.

A button pad greeblie is present on the stick.

The cylinder at the head of the grenade features 10 ribs.

Grenade is attached via a strap looped through or attached to the Ammo Pouch shoulder buckle. Strap is attached to either side of the grenade’s center greeblie with loops around the shaft of the grenade and closed with snap buttons.

Medic Markings

Replaces the red version of the bicep.

Right bicep armor is painted white with three gold stripes on the cover strip. 

There is a red image facing front that matches reference photos.

Biceps shall have moderate weathering.

Replaces the red version of the bicep - DELETE THIS LINE AS IT’S A DOUBLE UP

Blaster

E-10 Blaster

Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, cast, 3D print or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

Tactical torch (SureFire M300A or replica) mounted on left side of barrel.

Magazine is extended length. Magazine may be fitted with red lights which illuminate through the grill.

Power cylinder is larger with 2 outer cylinders and 2 smaller central cylinders.

The right-hand side of the barrel features a rectangle box with two antennae. The top antenna is longer than the bottom. A rocker switch is present on top of the box. The box may be fitted with red lights which illuminate through the grill.

Scope rail is fitted on a rear-blocks whilst the front of the rail is angled to join the top of the barrel. 

Either one or two scope rings can be mounted on the scope rail.

The barrel features a folding foregrip. Functionality is optional.

An extendable folding stock is in place. Functionality is optional.

Black webbing sling is approx. 25mm wide and is adjustable using a silver tri/glide buckle.The webbing attaches to the blaster sling brackets with two fixed sling snap hooks.

Base is based on S&T Airsoft sterling with closed working parts (no spring).

Screws used are M4 x 25mm Allen screw/bolts and sunken Allen screws for power cylinders.

Web sling is fitted with snap hook buckles from a 70s era Yugoslavian Backpack.

E-11B Blaster

Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, cast, 3D print or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

Tactical torch (SureFire M300A or replica) mounted on left side of barrel.

Magazine is extended length.

Power cylinder is larger with 2 outer cylinders and 1 smaller central cylinder

Scope is a M38 1943 version.

Scope rail can be fitted with rail blocks and a middle rail support block is optional. 

Screws used are M4 x 25mm Allen screw/bolts and sunken Allen screws for power cylinders.

E-22 Blaster

Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, cast, 3D print or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster. It has a extended stock attached at the rear and anextended front housing with second lower barrel.

Tactical torch (SureFire M300A or replica) mounted on right side of barrel.

Magazine is extended length.

Power cylinder is larger with 2 outer cylinders and 2 smaller central cylinders

Scope is a 1943 version of the M38 scope. 

Scope rail is fitted onto rail blocks, one inside the rear sight and the other at the front end of the rail.

There are 3 swivel studs fitted, one on the rear stock and one each side of the front barrel housing.

Sling is 25mm webbing strap that is adjustable using a silver 25mm 3 fixed bar webbing buckle (optional).

Sling is fitted with Talon quick release 25mm swivel or replica (optional).

Red lights fitted on both sides of the rear housing, Hengstler fitted with a red light for the 3 forward tubes and 2 small red lights fitted into the rear barrel housing under the torch, the lights are permanent and are non-flashing or pulsed (optional). 

Sling is fitted with Talon quick release 25mm swivel.

Ive worked another set of 14 hour shifts so I wasnt really around to do much at the end of the week. After the drive home, im getting up just a few hours later to get back to work. 

i have read through the edits suggested. im headed back out, but Ill be back tonight and I can make the suggested edits at that time. 

Edits reviewed.  Tidied up just a couple other minor typos as well.

At this point (unless there is any other info or feedback to be added), we are at a holding phase until we can provide pictures for the CRL reference images and CRL model.

• Like 1

At this point (unless there is any other info or feedback to be added), we are at a holding phase until we can provide pictures for the CRL reference images and CRL model.

Has darthcashman replied?

6 hours ago, Raider said:

@jimmiroquai might be able to help with at least some of the parts - he had a pretty complete kit, but I don't know if he needs to make any adjustments for the current CRL draft. I think he also built/modeled the kit for the new Mimban TK CRL that just went live.

@amcclary May be able to get some pics of his kit as well

• Like 1

I've reviewed the update CRL. Just a few points...

TUNIC - Question...

Should material for Lvl 2 tunic be so specific? Happy to follow the pack on what is decided? We do know it WAS a heavy Denim. We don't know the exact ounce rating.

SHINS - Change of wording, see in green.

A “T” shaped knee plate is affixed to both greaves AND may appear to angle slightly away from the knee. 

AMMO POUCH - Wording is currently confusing. Suggest the following...

May be worn on either right or left chest with upper strap placed over the corresponding shoulder and the lower strap across the chest, passing under the opposite arm.

MEDIC MARKINGS - The stripes on the white media bicep are gold or heavily weathered yellow. They are not red!

Right bicep armor is painted white with three GOLD stripes on the cover strip.

E-10 BLASTER

OPTIONAL:

Web sling is fitted with snap hook buckles from a 70s era Yugoslavian Backpack.

This is actually incorrect. It was originally believed to be these buckles that were used for the blaster but they are not the same when compared. Suggest removing this from the CRL

Earlier in the CRL we refer to the flashlight as the SureFireM300A. We should ensure this wording remains consistent in the OPTIONAL section when used for all other blasters.

• Like 1

Reference for the Medic markings...

4c4068a927df9e799a141158a3f36173.png&key=736180a44d506164d9d5a9a9c945ebf58a954ca733d2f0a360c34844ecb339cf

And as much as I hate referencing a toy...

cc0004569601e030a68c8d079ca8442d.png&key=972db9e258d76834fd2d4064e572e247266b9f8305dbf2c252262fbf8f792b85