New CRL Proposal - Mudtrooper

RAIDER

Can make those minor edits later.

I am in contact w/ @Morizhara (Stephanie) to check her and squadmates' @darthcashman ability to update to CRL draft.  Should have that sorted in a day or 2 so we can decide the next step forward.  Thanks for everyone's contributions to this point and patience.

Some new info to enter. Up to you whether it is part of basic or an OPTIONAL Lvl 2.

UPPER BELT - LEATHER
Features a ‘saddle groove’ running lengthways along the top and bottom of the belt.

Here’s the supporting imagery...

36b0e51f9aa6b880f83cff3b6365e2d6.png

3b650debd6231a42980f7f40d1ae6ec1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i just went looking for the two grooves in the regular belt discriptions. it used to be in there, now none thatI can find have it. 

Oh well, well just add it in here!

• Like 1
i just went looking for the two grooves in the regular belt discriptions. it used to be in there, now none thatI can find have it. 
Oh well, well just add it in here!

id prefer that as Level 2 if everyone is ok w that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

id prefer that as Level 2 if everyone is ok w that

I’m cool with that.

I just wanted to bring this up... in the extended Mimban battle scene, and even briefly in the main Solo movie, we have this guy
e29689d15c.jpg&key=59cf8e81ebeabf2643e0b7d615563a2e4b0b849dab73721697c7089f526f45d2

Is this gun a viable option? It's even mentioned on Wookiepedia with a picture. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Z-6_rotary_blaster_cannon

The Z-6 Rotary Cannon was exclusive to Korso in the same way the long barrel DL-44 was exclusive to Han in the deleted scene.

We’re not including Han specific items in the CRL so question whether we include this?
@Raider will Korso be a separate CRL or Mudtrooper variant?

57 minutes ago, JAFO said:

The Z-6 Rotary Cannon was exclusive to Korso in the same way the long barrel DL-44 was exclusive to Han in the deleted scene.

We’re not including Han specific items in the CRL so question whether we include this?

Just my personal opinion here, but I'd think he'd be a Mudtrooper variant. We only ever see him in a Mudtrooper outfit, his role in the movie was virtually non-existant, and it's even stated in the Behind The Scenes that he was to be killed in the battle. So we wouldn't have seen him in what his regular gear would be anyways. All we have to go on is that he was a member of Beckett's crew as the muscle.

• Like 1
Just my personal opinion here, but I'd think he'd be a Mudtrooper variant. We only ever see him in a Mudtrooper outfit, his role in the movie was virtually non-existant, and it's even stated in the Behind The Scenes that he was to be killed in the battle. So we wouldn't have seen him in what his regular gear would be anyways. All we have to go on is that he was a member of Beckett's crew as the muscle.

My word isnt gospel on this but the precedent has clearly been that those
characters who aren’t truly Imperials and are just in Imperial costume (disguise) dont become CRLs. Jyn, Finn, Storm Han/Luke the biggest examples. Another lesser known lesser screen time example would be flipped up mask bearded biker scout (Nik Sant or...Captain Rex lol). So I would say doubtful a separate specific CRL is accepted.

However, if the gun was on the field and used by a guy posing as a Mudtrooper...then I would say you could at least make a case
to include the blaster as an optional accessory. It was clearly a weapon that was acceptable for Mudtroopers
to use (albeit our evidence is a fake Mudtrooper).

3 minutes ago, Raider said:

My word isnt gospel on this but the precedent has clearly been that those
characters who aren’t truly Imperials and are just in Imperial costume (disguise) dont become CRLs. Jyn, Finn, Storm Han/Luke the biggest examples. Another lesser known lesser screen time example would be flipped up mask bearded biker scout (Nik Sant or...Captain Rex lol). So I would say doubtful a separate specific CRL is accepted.

However, if the gun was on the field and used by a guy posing as a Mudtrooper...then I would say you could at least make a case
to include the blaster as an optional accessory. It was clearly a weapon that was acceptable for Mudtroopers
to use (albeit our evidence is a fake Mudtrooper).

Hey I'll make a case any day for being that guy with the BFG ?

I can understand your point though. I'll do some digging and see if I can possibly find an official imperial backup source.

• Like 1
Hey I'll make a case any day for being that guy with the BFG [emoji23]
I can understand your point though. I'll do some digging and see if I can possibly find an official imperial backup source.

I totally understand lol.

Sure do that. Like I said, him carrying the blaster around and then raging out w it on the battlefield is evidence that Imperial Mudtroopers did have them issued (I suppose). I buy it.

Ultimately, Im not the one who has to be convinced. I can see counter arguments to it popping up. Was he not a “standard” MT? Did his gear/armor differ significantly enough that he could be considered a different type of trooper other than “standard”?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I saw this: https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/games-toys/other/mud-trooper-helmet-3d-printable-costume-file
What do you guys think? Seems alright, but I wanted to check in.

Hey Stormsy. Until the CRL is official and complete we (at least as a staff) arent in a position to say whether something will be acceptable or not unfortunately. I hope you understand.

That said, I would highly encourage you to start a separate thread in the Imperial Army section and get some potential feedback and input there. Sorry I cant be more helpful at the moment until the CRL is finished here in this thread.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Stormystormtrooper said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I saw this: https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/games-toys/other/mud-trooper-helmet-3d-printable-costume-file

What do you guys think? Seems alright, but I wanted to check in.

That's the model I bought to check it out. Some parts of it are innaccurate. The top half of the goggles isn't quite right, and the bridge connector is completely wrong. I've been fixing them up properly and have plans to print them.

I'm currently working with an armor vendor as well, so I'll probably start a build/feedback thread soon to have people chip in their opinions on.

• Like 1
On 11/8/2018 at 4:30 AM, JAFO said:

Have you noticed this guy doesn’t have a mudtrooper standard helmet butta navy trooper style helmet?

Have you noticed this guy doesn’t have a mudtrooper standard helmet butta navy trooper style helmet?

Yes, and a completely different chest plate.

9 hours ago, JAFO said:

Yes, and a completely different chest plate.

If the armor setup itself is vastly different, then I would be of the mind to not include the weapon.

If the armor setup itself is vastly different, then I would be of the mind to not include the weapon.

2df7032c22de141fd3564da2b5efb7aa.png

Helmet is different, chest plate is different, he doesn’t wear shins and his boots are mid-length like Rio’s. And he wears the Officer long coat. Certainly a different class of trooper or a put together disguise.

• Like 1

Stormy...all those early shots are of Rio and that kit has many differences to the standard MT.

Honestly, I don’t believe we need any more reference shots given the knowledge already shared get to this point. We’re almost over the line!

its clearly different and doesnt pertain here.  

Im anxiouis to see a first suit built up for inclusion on this topic so we can compare what we have in text to what we see in clear well lighted photos. 

• Like 1