Sith Trooper (709th Legion Red Fury)

Hi everyone!
First thing to admins - if this topic should be started at other forum - please let me know or just move it there!

Tere are rumors and "leaks" about troopers of 709th Legion to be showed in ipcoming ep9.
Firstly it was mentioned by Scott Trowbridge, discussing Galaxy's Edge...then described by Jason Ward’s at @makingstarwars and the Crew T-Shirt via leaked on twitter.
There was a rough idea of how this Kylo's special forces will look like...till new poster leaked.
f8c2egek3oo21.thumb.jpg.5314a1f6ce729eccdd4e1427c59e69bb.jpgf8c2egek3oo212.thumb.jpg.49108a08eb09785d95abb7b41fcfdea5.jpg

Basing on these pics, I tried imagine - how the helmet could look like. 
So far what I see: 
1) flat chin area,
2) flat splitted nose plate,
3) forehead grooves,
4) no mic tip,
5) flat lines
6) Phasma motives

So I combined all I saw into new model...
653838007_ASPEp9REDMk2_7RENDER_1_1.thumb.jpg.7332776b85932a29bea7ee59aba8eb66.jpg

• Like 1

I'd love to get some iteas/thoughts/critics cuz I defo could miss something))

As a point to discuss - lines of forehead. 
Some guys pointed that there might be more from Phasma, like lines...But Im not sure if it's not an artefacts, cuz I don't see them on side shots.

f8c2egek3oo212-1.thumb.jpg.d2883bf932c7af117da6571c6d1d40b5.jpgf8c2egek3oo212-1_1.thumb.jpg.4549ac73eaa787a946059c02c9f28dbb.jpg

At this point, I cannot tell you how to proceed with this. To my understanding, this poster has not been confirmed as official and it is quite possibly a fan made “fake” altogether.

Until official sources/references are revealed, there’s no way to determine what is real or not...nor what is accurate or not.

• Like 1

my take on this and the other poster with the "red glow" was that it was a fan made poster.  I also took the red coloration to be saber glow. I rather like the shape of this helmet, and your print is brilliant.  

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

@Spiel  I was sent these pics today from The Star Wars Show.  Its not enough to launch a CRL (need more than a figure), but if you would like to begin drafting a CRL proposal skeleton, this looks like enough to at least start thinking about it.

y723D49EC-EA2D-49D7-9D69-49D4EEAAC780.jpeg2D248042-4152-4C6D-8E2F-EE06CD2CE511.jpegBA07189B-45A7-42C8-89C3-2F989C15C06C.jpeg

3E335D85-D6F4-4ADA-BD67-1179313709C9.jpeg

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

Looks like we can start a lot from the FOTK CRL and then change what we need. Pretty neat!!

Yea as a pure skeleton base probably...but just based off this fig alone there is a tremendous amount that is different.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Raider said:

Yea as a pure skeleton base probably...but just based off this fig alone there is a tremendous amount that is different.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

• Like 1

@Raider

Thank you so much for update! Just woke up and found lots of incoming messages with this red guy from guys of FISD and SpecOPS! And this is sooooooo cool!!! 

I had a proper refs of this build for about couple weeks and this give me time to model Mk2 helmet and some armor parts. 

I'm definitely interested in making CRL and I'd love to start! Please assist in this process!) 

I'm 6000km far from home now with family on holidays))) and it's pretty funny process, to make updates fast)) Never the less, I'll do my best to keep you all informed and updated! 

Hope to post updates within a day! 

Please feel free to ask, comment and recommend! 

And huge thanks to everyone!!!! 

BR

Denis

• Like 1

The costume has been 100% redone looks like an FOTK but been picking it apart with Calvin last night and its all new. It will be on display next week at SDCC. So hoping anyone there can take all the proper 360 shots needed with a good camera 

• Like 2
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:27 AM, Spiel said:

I'd love to get some iteas/thoughts/critics cuz I defo could miss something))

As a point to discuss - lines of forehead. 
Some guys pointed that there might be more from Phasma, like lines...But Im not sure if it's not an artefacts, cuz I don't see them on side shots.

f8c2egek3oo212-1.thumb.jpg.d2883bf932c7af117da6571c6d1d40b5.jpgf8c2egek3oo212-1_1.thumb.jpg.4549ac73eaa787a946059c02c9f28dbb.jpg

Good job nailing those lines I didn't see those until yesterday during the drop

• Like 1
1 hour ago, heartstopper85 said:

The costume has been 100% redone looks like an FOTK but been picking it apart with Calvin last night and its all new. It will be on display next week at SDCC. So hoping anyone there can take all the proper 360 shots needed with a good camera 

Sounds good.  Hopefully.

6 hours ago, Spiel said:

@Raider

Thank you so much for update! Just woke up and found lots of incoming messages with this red guy from guys of FISD and SpecOPS! And this is sooooooo cool!!! 

I had a proper refs of this build for about couple weeks and this give me time to model Mk2 helmet and some armor parts. 

I'm definitely interested in making CRL and I'd love to start! Please assist in this process!) 

I'm 6000km far from home now with family on holidays))) and it's pretty funny process, to make updates fast)) Never the less, I'll do my best to keep you all informed and updated! 

Hope to post updates within a day! 

Please feel free to ask, comment and recommend! 

And huge thanks to everyone!!!! 

BR

Denis

No worries Denis!  Even in these shots I have there is no back view which we need....hopefully we can see some trailer footage or that sdcc display (fingers crossed) that shows everything we need.

• Like 2

Guys, I would greatly appreciate all\any help with this build!
If you'll be at SDCC - please take good pics for references!

I'll be happy to be anyhow helpful in return!

BR
Denis

39 minutes ago, Raider said:

No worries Denis!  Even in these shots I have there is no back view which we need....hopefully we can see some trailer footage or that sdcc display (fingers crossed) that shows everything we need.

Totally agree! I've found some more pics, but still nothing helpful regarding back details. I can see lower back looks similar to DeathTrooper and butt plate from FOTK. Backplate looks similar to FOTK, but has lines and pockets... all these details are far from being revealed yet(( 

One detail on the smaller figure is the inset box on the forearms are not on the inner of the box, they are on the outer. May just be one of those quirky things we see on figures from time to time

TFA CRL: Forearms shall have a box on the bottom the wrist end. Each box shall have a single black square in the lower inside corner.

2egbdqg.jpg2egbdqg.jpgThey've definitely seem to make it hard for makers to copy, how many more lines could they add, there's even lines on some of the ab boxes.

Even though it won't have a TK designation I'm still keen on adding one to my costume list, about time I had a TX costume prefix.

Looking forward to the progress

Ready to wear armor ?

2egbdqg.jpg

• Like 2

I'll be following along, because more than likely I'll be building this kit for someone. I made an offer to at least so fingers crossed. I don't want this for myself but would be interesting to work on

Any ideas for red? I use a vibrant red for my vonreg but this seems like its almost a red from a sports car. Gonna be interesting trying to paint and sand with all the lines. There are literally lines everywhere on every single part including handguards. Gonna need to invest in thin pieces of wood and glue sandpaper on and curse the designer daily

• Haha 2

After seeing the new images of the backside and sides of the helmet it almost has lines for shoretrooper and AT-ACT driver helmet along the jaw at least.

Few new shots from SDCC 2019.

Im currently making models or armor, basing on this original armor! All those ribs are nightmare in modeling and will be even worse in production)))

tapatalk_1563531002010.jpeg

tapatalk_1563530959907.jpeg

tapatalk_1563530966713.jpeg

tapatalk_1563530969522.jpeg

tapatalk_1563530983110.jpeg

tapatalk_1563530981487.jpeg

tapatalk_1563530986066.jpeg

tapatalk_1563530984668.jpeg

tapatalk_1563530943311.jpeg

tapatalk_1563530997377.jpeg

tapatalk_1563530941039.jpeg

tapatalk_1563530987427.jpeg