BF2 Rocket Trooper 3D Print Files

Attention future Rocket Troopers! A little project I'm working on at the moment is preparing the unique parts of the Rocket Trooper for 3D printing. Right now I only have the mohawk ready to go, I plan to do the jetpack as well. I will remodel both the mohawk and jetpack to smooth them out a bit.

Without further ado, here's the link to the print files!

Mohawk

woou9Tt.jpg

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3571376

Rocket Launcher

FJnBHAZ.png

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3579006

• Like 3

Here's another model I've found for the Rocket Troopers. Here's the rocket launcher that the trooper uses in game. I'm also a bit of a bazooka nerd (I have 3 real rocket launchers and a replica WWII one), so when I first saw this weapon I had to add it to my own trooper arsenal. I finally came across the model last night, so I'll be printing it out. I'll get this model cut up for 3D printing , but I will also make some minor edits for an improved version (namely having the tube hollow throughout).

n8lwlNV.png

• Like 2

Well the launcher ended up being a bigger project than anticipated... I had split the original game model up, but there was some funkiness going on with the parts that would have been a pain to print and then fit to a piece of pipe. So I decided just to remake the thing and designed it around a 50" length of 2-1/2" PVC pipe. There is a small section that is supposed to be smaller in a diameter than the rest of the tube, but I simplified it to allow for a single, continuous length of pipe to be used. It doesn't impact the final look too much. Other than that, every part should be there and ready to print! You will need additional hardware to secure various parts, a list is provided with the parts. The black parts in the picture below are the parts that need to be printed, the white tube is the PVC pipe of course. Link to the parts is above in the first post.

FJnBHAZ.png

I'm going to start printing it out tomorrow, and then make any changes if needed. Now it's time for the jetpack!

• Like 2

Excellent work, Ty.  It's always refreshing to see you working on costumes nobody else even thinks about and making them awesome.

• Like 1

Hey Todd! Been a while... Thanks as always, but aside from the launcher, I'm not working on this trooper quite yet (got a few others on the list before this one). Just providing 3D print files for everyone else, since I have the original 3D models from the game. :duim:

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 9:17 AM, Fivezero said:

Hey Todd! Been a while... Thanks as always, but aside from the launcher, I'm not working on this trooper quite yet (got a few others on the list before this one). Just providing 3D print files for everyone else, since I have the original 3D models from the game. :duim:

Well thanks for everything you do for this detachment, Ty!

• Like 1

@Raider Typically only a couple hours to model something, obviously depends on complexity of the object. The rocket launcher was pretty simple overall, lots of simple shapes. Now projects like the FA-3 Flechette for my EVO Trooper or the jetpack for the TFU Jumptrooper, that usually take a whole day or two of modeling. Then another hour or so to get it cut up for 3D printing. :duim:

Speaking of jetpacks, I have been working on remodeling the Rocket Trooper jetpack. The basic shape is knocked out, but I still have to add the details to it. It's currently seven separate parts that should be easier to print separately, there are channels for dowels to add some strength.

qPWvwNy.png

BT76MoL.png

• 8 months later...

Nah still working on that one, need to buy some 2-1/2" PVC pipe and then finish 3D printing the rest of the pieces. I'm waiting for the PVC, in case I need to resize any of the parts that fit over the pipe (the 3D printers can be a finicky). :teehee:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fivezero said:

Nah still working on that one, need to buy some 2-1/2" PVC pipe and then finish 3D printing the rest of the pieces. I'm waiting for the PVC, in case I need to resize any of the parts that fit over the pipe (the 3D printers can be a finicky). :teehee:

Lemme know.  Wanna add that bad boy to the CRL.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Just a little update on my launcher.

Been working on the launcher off and on for the last couple months. Here's some pictures. Still have to make the U-track for the front of the launcher and then paint it. So here's some pictures for you guys!

U2aT0pk.jpg

YvuABL5.jpg

cbcYJNT.jpg

UTXikdT.jpg

7Yu9tcQ.jpg

VcAMkSU.jpg

0anrJfu.jpg

3165wyn.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks guys! Yeah the jack stands are great, used them a few times for other projects. They worked great on my WWII M1A1 replica when I wrapped the wire on the tube.

FaIja0Y.jpg

QhZMRdP.jpg

Anyway, I haven't touched the BF launcher in a couple weeks, was working on it while printing my Jumptrooper blaster which has taken priority. So once the Jumptrooper is finished, I'll get back on the launcher. :teehee:

• Like 1