Bozzy - Mudtrooper WIP

Bozzy

Progress so far.. I've knocked back the Idenden style emulsion paint on the shins after this pic . 

Paul P straps already done... I just got to figure out how to strap them up to the boots. 

IMG-20200322-112651.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

IMG-20200410-193144.jpg

IMG-20200413-163639.jpg

IMG-20200413-185304.jpg

IMG-20200414-143037.jpg The collar is locked in and the only thing holding the chest piece up for this test. 

Further updates, awaiting a new collar with more infill as the one i have keeps breaking.. rear armour and hose connectors plus my soft parts are currently being made. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Raider said:

Getting there @Bozzy!  Will you be adding a DLT-19 to your arsenal as well?

I'm toying with it but i need one for my sandy so not sure if i can justify two , ,one for the muddy also . 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bozzy said:

I'm toying with it but i need one for my sandy so not sure if i can justify two , ,one for the muddy also . 

maybe see if theres a way to be able to swap the flashlight on n off.  two for one

• 4 months later...

IMG-20201108-170256.jpgIMG-20201108-170247.jpgreceived-375144033907389.jpgreceived-296756598077812.webpreceived-376614813554420.webp

So its been a little while since i posted. Having an absolute mare dying the tunic... 100% cotton and its just not taking the dye. got 4 x bottles of rit coming so will brute force it. 

I wasn't happy with Sean fields back armour so got my 3d printer guru to mod it. 

I started with what i had printed.. i didn't like that his front and back plate joined... so i removed 2cm from the shoulder braces on the rear armour and i think it looks pretty good. I also fashioned the semi circle design under the back box. It also lacked the slit for the resp holding piece of webbing.. whilst digging around on the shoretrooper groups i noticed this ridge that has started appearing ( although this is an early design and is being amended to go right upto the edge of the backbox) and its pretty safe to say if its on there it'll be the muddy. She then got to work incorporating it into the file.

Printing of the new file begins tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

IMG-20201123-132054.jpg

Another small piece of progress... got my rear hose connectors in ... printed in resin. 

Another small mod designed for the fletchers shoulder bells but should work on Seans too are these little elastic chord couplings that are similar in use to the ones on the shore trooper 

Screenshot-20201125-191043.jpgIMG-20201125-143202.jpgFB-IMG-1584304133981.jpg

Again printed in resin and superglued in . 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
So here we go ...

Nic Le Brey-Jones from Empire 3D has done it again .. after the latest episode of the Mandalorian (Shh no spoilers) i tasked him to incorporate the new details that were on show into Sean Fields original files PLUS a few of my own additions .

Everyone sat down quietly?... so let's begin.
  • The backbox holder
So as most have now seen.. the latest episode of Mando gave us an insight into the mud trooper (not transport ?) armour previously covered by the plash.. It highlighted what the shoretroopers have known for a while but we couldn't 100% say for sure on the muddy.
There was a gutter running along the top edge of the holder that joined the two diagonal indents, this has now been added. Seans oringal hose holes were too close so have been moved apart. Separate washers and and angled cup have been designed (should you want to use your own solution) and lastly the 3rd indented hole has been added.
But that's not all ... I also tasked Nic to mod the biceps and shoulder bells.
  • Biceps .
We've added in the 2nd fish hook missing from Sean's original files

• Shoulder Bells.
The elastic couplings that Nic designed for Fletchers files have now been baked into Sean's files

Coupled with Merc Supply Stores Rear armour plate mod i feel we've taken Seans files up a level.
Please visit Nics other great work at https://www.etsy.com/shop/Empire3Dau

Files are up on www.mudtrooper.co.uk under the button "Download Free Armour Upgrades for Seans Files"

Happy Printing.

E3-D-backbox-mod.pngArmour-Rear.jpgLeft-Bicep-and-Bell.jpgRight-Bicep-and-Bell.jpg
  • Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Ive just had a big setback, but honestly I cant wait to order my soft parts.  Love the look!  I just have to wait=====longer  

I've got a new helmet, chest and back coming.... so i can finish it off. Plus i'll be re painting it all in the correct 350u green from the company that supplied the paint to the film. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 5:46 AM, Bozzy said:

Leg & Shoulder Straps and buckles - Paul Prentice

IMG-20190304-121009.jpg

Who is Paul Prentice and how do I contact him?   Those buckles appear to be a match or close for the Death Trooper rig.