For approval Shadow Scout

Thank you @Storms!

I will examine this for Level 1 approval and make note of the things your GML may question you about or not approve of based on the Level 1 text of the CRL.  At the end, I will make additional suggestions to improve the overall look of your costume.

1) Helmet decals are listed as "black or dark gray."  Yours make use of a light gray.  My suggestion...use full black matte decals if possible to contrast your gloss black helmet/armor.

2) Pouches should sit against the edges of the final rib.  Move them closer to the center without concealing any of the ribbing.

3) Drop box strap for front/right box appears twisted.  These should lay flat and not have any twisting.

4) I am concerned about your rear connection of drop box straps to the belt.  I can't make out fully in the picture what is happening there, but the connection points should not be visible.

5) If you make drop box strap adjustments in the rear and pull the connections more to the center of the back of the belt, that should pull the drop boxes off of the front of your thighs and to the sides where they should be sitting.  Right now, they are too far forward.

6) Rivet on bottom of tank should be painted black.  From what I can see, it looks like it may be silver.

Here are additional suggestions to improve look, but may not be necessary for your GML

1) Cummerbund crotch may need some tailoring to avoid the bunching up and folding in that area.

2) May want to consider shortening drop box straps.  They should hang about 1" below the belt evenly on front and back straps.

3) Flight suit appears a little baggy in the arms area.  Fixing this should help the overall look of your costume.

I will attach pictures in another post noting some of the important areas.  That is about it for my feedback I think.  I hope it helps.  Most of what you have looks good.  Thank you for requesting some help!  If you need any more feedback, please let me know.

I am also tagging @furiosa in case she has any additional Level 1 feedback.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know its a pain in the butt, but i have taken wide masking tape, cut the decal stripe shape into the tape and made a mask for the stripes when Ive painted these helmets. yeah, its a lot of work but looks great.   Good luck with this, I love black scouts! 

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Raider said:

Thank you @Storms!

I will examine this for Level 1 approval and make note of the things your GML may question you about or not approve of based on the Level 1 text of the CRL.  At the end, I will make additional suggestions to improve the overall look of your costume.

1) Helmet decals are listed as "black or dark gray."  Yours make use of a light gray.  My suggestion...use full black matte decals if possible to contrast your gloss black helmet/armor.

2) Pouches should sit against the edges of the final rib.  Move them closer to the center without concealing any of the ribbing.

3) Drop box strap for front/right box appears twisted.  These should lay flat and not have any twisting.

4) I am concerned about your rear connection of drop box straps to the belt.  I can't make out fully in the picture what is happening there, but the connection points should not be visible.

5) If you make drop box strap adjustments in the rear and pull the connections more to the center of the back of the belt, that should pull the drop boxes off of the front of your thighs and to the sides where they should be sitting.  Right now, they are too far forward.

6) Rivet on bottom of tank should be painted black.  From what I can see, it looks like it may be silver.

Here are additional suggestions to improve look, but may not be necessary for your GML

1) Cummerbund crotch may need some tailoring to avoid the bunching up and folding in that area.

2) May want to consider shortening drop box straps.  They should hang about 1" below the belt evenly on front and back straps.

3) Flight suit appears a little baggy in the arms area.  Fixing this should help the overall look of your costume.

I will attach pictures in another post noting some of the important areas.  That is about it for my feedback I think.  I hope it helps.  Most of what you have looks good.  Thank you for requesting some help!  If you need any more feedback, please let me know.

I am also tagging @furiosa in case she has any additional Level 1 feedback.

Thanks for your comments

I correct them and send the corrections
Thank you very much for the good comments and recommendations
  • Like 2

@RaiderWith the new corrections in the CRL, it would only be apart from the previous comments

The vest! And the helmet stikers in black !!! Right????
3 hours ago, Storms said:

@RaiderWith the new corrections in the CRL, it would only be apart from the previous comments

The vest! And the helmet stikers in black !!! Right????

Black or dark grey...mine are solid black...my armor is satin...my stickers are gloss to contrast.  And yes the vest.

Looking at your pictures...your flight suit has the leather suede/faux suede patches and butt flap yes?

• Thanks 1

If so, it's suede on the gloves and on the back

And thanks
To change the viewer and the helmet stikers