imp. army patch interest thread

im looking to get a pair of patches to build an army costume and from what i have read and been told im not sure the source for them is worth going through.

so, im thinking of sourcing them myself. 
i see some 15 people are waiting or wanting them ... is there still an interest to finish or start an army costume?

who would be interested in a pair or more of imperial army patches?

post below please ... one way or another i will make it happen and get my 2 patches ;)

~ interest count ~

• Like 1
4 hours ago, 762s said:

im looking to get a pair of patches to build an army costume and from what i have read and been told im not sure the source for them is worth going through.

so, im thinking of sourcing them myself. 
i see some 15 people are waiting or wanting them ... is there still an interest to finish or start an army costume?

who would be interested in a pair or more of imperial army patches?

post below please ... one way or another i will make it happen and get my 2 patches ;)

I shot ya a pm

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

we still have people coming into the program who need patches, plus people who do not necessarily post to the forums, so the need will be ongoing.    

I have contacted a maker I work with a lot, as well as WTF directly to inquire about restock.  

21 hours ago, 762s said:

alright,

proof is in.
@Raider
@Blackwatch
@mlgroberts02
@areilly

critique please ...
the bow in the side is not going to be an issue ...i already talked to the vendor about it

~ 6.3" tall
~ 3.15" wide
~ scaled to the imperial cog per crl and my request

JBqo5fg.jpg

edit:  post 66 ... for the empire!!!!

In general, looks on track.  You have the bow on the left.   Also the bottom is doing some strange thing at the point.

Colors...I truly hesitate to give color feedback.  We shall wait for @Blackwatch and @ShovelGuy as they are the Detachment Costume Advisors for the Imperial Army costumes.  Thanks for pushing this forward!

• Like 1

comparing my own patches to the screen image things look fine. the shield is nice and vibrant and the dark green color looks correct compared to mine.  
is the left side bowing just a issue with that individual patch? mine curl p at the top edge until they are sewed down. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier - Your proof looks a bit different from the WTF version, which is 3.0"x5.0" with different proportions.

Not saying yours looks bad, after all the source material is pretty fuzzy to start with so we don't have anything exact to compare against anyways. When I was drawing this one up and digging for reference material, I did come across another image from that seems to match the proportions you went with... maybe from an old WTF facebook thread, but I'm not sure anymore - but I ended up going against the physical patch examples. Also I did notice that slightly bowed edge in all the WTF images, which was really weird, like that line was freehanded or something.

This is one of the WTF patches compared to the drawing I posted in the other thread (the colors are a bit off)

Illustrator

PDF

Old image/prototype

1m08f9L.jpg

theres no need for it not to be approved.

the crl doesnt given exact details on all things like colors, height of the entire patch

• A shield shaped patch.
  • The patch has an Imperial cog symbol approximately 2.75 to 3 inches in diameter.
  • The background of the patch has a more narrow shield shaped design on top of a box colored a darker shade of green.

the crl's main take is the size of the cog, the patch looking like a shield and that the shield on the inside of the patch sits on a box

go and get your patches sewn on ;)

• Like 4
  • 8 months later...

Troopers:  

Endor FInders has been supplying these, but they show preorder status since about April.   I have emailed them and asked for an update. Once I have a reply Ill post it here. 

Good News Everyone!

John at EndorFinders informs me that patches are ready to ship as soon as you order.   order away! 

• Like 1