Size of the helmet for a navy trooper

Hello gents i just wanted to ask you how big a navy helmet is? I ordered a helmet from a 3d printer guy a year ago almost and after a lot of setbacks the helmet is finally done. But the bad part is that i think this guy is trying to scam me and drag out on the delivery because he says that the helmet is so wide that you cant put it in a cardboard box for bananas (you know that kind that stores get) and that he has had to order a special size from the postal service that has yet to come..and it has been 10 days since i last asked him if he had sent it. Is this guy screwing with me or is the helmet really that wide?.

heya. 

well, I used to own a Tambo navy trooper, and its BIG if assembled.  

However that said this is the Imperial Army trooper topics, and our helmets are pretty small.  

Now, if you are talking about the Imperial Navy Commando, that topics over here Navy Commando  .

NOW, if your sticking with me, Im a big guy with big shoulers and the Tambo Navy trooper helmet sat above my big shoulders properly.  I had to order a new swoop and Tambo shipped it to me flat so I could curve it to fit. 

i hope this help? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah your allways helpfull ^^ i got the helmet today so i can show a picture..but sadly the guy that printed it out and the one that glued it together didnt do a nice job so i will have to take it apart and trying to get it as best as i can, none of the seams go together well so its going to be a nightmare

004.jpg

i now have the measurement on my helmet, at its widest point its 13.3 inches across but according to intergalactic supply it should be 8 inches across, so either the file for veers helmet that i found was measurd wrong or the guys that made my helmet has scaled it up but refuse to tell the truth, Either was its way to big and i cant use it if i want to join you guys  :(

• 2 weeks later...

i wrote the report on the intergalactic supply helmet you can read it here:

https://forum.specops501st.com/topic/6958-review-intergalacic-supply-army-trooper-helmet/

Take note that is two different helmets he provides, Army Trooper and Imperial Commander/ IS.    Its a small helmet.  Smaller than the helmets we produced locally. It fits fairly small on me, but it is a GREAT helmet.  He provided me with B grade builds for review. If you take a number of these helmets, made by different makers, you will find they are all different.  Tambos helmet is bigger than InterGalactic Supplies helmet which is smaller than the helmet we produced.   Throw a 3d printer and unknmown files in the mix--who knows. 

here's how I roll---Id take that helmet, split it in four, and shrink it.  But thats me and how I do things.  Ive split and enlarged helmets over the years.  Fiberglass mat is your friend.  Then I would correct the size of the flare to fit you properly and drop a bump cap in it for fit. Take some 10 mm tape, run it across the dome in a perfect 90* cross, and cut at the edges of the tape.   then tape the whole thing back together and check fit.  it will be quite a bit smaller.