224th imperial swamp trooper gunner : "Korso"

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, mike ford said:

i think i found itĀ 

[img]https://i.imgur.com/h0QjnLg.jpg[/img]

WW2 GERMAN RUBBERIZED MOTORCYCLE COAT (KRADMANTEL)

Looks very compelling, especially given the collar material, but the Korso coat has a distinct lack of buttons, button holes and pockets, and the Kradmantel has plenty of these. Still feel it's the closest yet.

25 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Looks very compelling, especially given the collar material, but the Korso coat has a distinct lack of buttons, button holes and pockets, and the Kradmantel has plenty of these. Still feel it's the closest yet.

being so close it might be right for use as a pattern and remove buttons ,pockets and such

Ā 

• 1 month later...

Not sure about an available pattern but I reckon the Kradmantel is the correct style despite the buttons and pockets.

• Thanks 2

ok well we have a jacketĀ 

now i need a pattern and a fabric waxed duckcloth ?

the original was described as rubberized canvas if waxed is not correct enough what would be the best recommendationĀ 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 3:44 AM, mike ford said:

ok well we have a jacketĀ 

now i need a pattern and a fabric waxed duckcloth ?

the original was described as rubberized canvas if waxed is not correct enough what would be the best recommendationĀ 

For the ā€œrubberised canvasā€ you could use a gloss gel medium binder like this one

https://www.eckersleys.com.au/liquitex-gloss-gel-mediums

you will need to use a sponge roller to apply it to some drill cotton fabric.Ā 

This is the same technique many are using for the Phasma cape. Might be worth checking out?

Ā 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...