Del Meeko [Approved], Ireland Garrison

Hi all,

So, an early update on my Del Meeko project after getting some great guidance, especially from TX-20113 who already has a great Del Meeko built over in the German Garrison:

Flight Suit & Scout Pouches (both oxford weave), ordering from NerDIY.

Vinyl on fabric patches ordered from Stitch me Up (FB).

Compad ordered from 2BlueTwiLeks (Etsy).

Have asked Jim Tripon for a quote on Armour, Tac Vest, Scout Belt and Thermal Detonator.

Requested a quote from Belting Imperials for the belt.

Have found a few options for E11 holsters and MP40 shoulder pouches on Etsy and Ebay, but will continue looking to see if I can find some better value and/or quality.  Recommendations welcome!

Gloves are proving tough to find, so if anyone knows of any split gauntlets that match the CRL I'd appreciate a heads up!

Helmet - I've been told to try 3D Schmiede on FB for the most accurate Inferno helmet.

Balaclava - I've already got a CRL friendly one.

Boots - I got a great pair on the recommendation of one of the Ireland Garrision last year.  They're for Imp Officers, so would just need an adjustment flap and buckle added on for Inferno clearance.

DLT-19X - I've a couple of different options already, but I might leave that until I have a few other pieces.

All in all, a start that I'm happy with!  Got to have something to do while confined to the house for weeks on end!

• Like 3

Hey Daniel welcome@ we are in the later stages of changes to the Del CRL, so be aware changes ARE coming.  If you are able to see it, scroll up within this topic in the forum and check out the Del Meeko discussion.  Current CRL is in effect and GMLs are free to clear then, but when we get the text and photos finialized we will run the changes through the GML. 

Please keep us posted with your progress!

• Like 1

Thanks David, I've been talking with Tony and he's kept me up to speed on some of the most likely changes.  I'll keep tuned in!

Latest update:

Flight Suit & Scout Pouches (both oxford weave), ordered from NerDIY.

Vinyl on fabric patches ordered from Stitch me Up (FB).

Compad ordered from 2BlueTwiLeks (Etsy) - quite reasonably priced, so can be modified or replaced if necessary.

Have asked Jim Tripon for a quote on Armour, Tac Vest, Scout Belt and Thermal Detonator.

Inner belt ordered from Belting Imperials.

E11 holster ordered on FB through a recommendation from Tony.

MP40 pouches - still looking.

Gloves are proving tough to find, so if anyone knows of any split gauntlets that match the CRL I'd appreciate a heads up!

Helmet - I've been told to try 3D Schmiede on FB for the most accurate Inferno helmet.

Boots - I got a great pair on the recommendation of one of the Ireland Garrision last year.  They're for Imp Officers, so would just need an adjustment flap and buckle added on for Inferno clearance.

DLT-19X - I've a couple of different options already, but I might leave that until I have a few other pieces.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So, my first components have arrived so time for another update!

TS-23116 (Wayne, UK - Belting Imperials) produced a great ROTJ belt for me.  He was also kind enough to include an extra length of leather to assist with the holster attachment (see below).

TK-6845 (Friedel, Germany) made a great holster for me.  The current CRL specifies "loop" attachment, but Tony let me know that it isn't strictly accurate to reference images, and showed me a way to attach the holster underneath the belt instead.  That's where the extra strap of leather from Wayne will come in handy!

The boots were a pair I bought last year when I planned on building a Line Officer uniform instead.  I'll need to create a flap and adjustment strap for each to bring them into line with Inferno appearance.  I had one idea which I'd appreciate some opinions on - fixing some magnets on the inside of the boots to create a temporary attachment point for the extra details.  This way I could simply pull the adjustment strap off if I later want to use the boots for a different costume.  Can anyone think of any reasons why that wouldn't work?

Thanks!

Daniel

My holster.jpg

My boots 1.jpg

My belt.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

So, I'm overdue an update on my build!  Component list, updates and photos below!

Flight Suit & Scout Pouches (both oxford weave), being made by NerDIY [NL].

Vinyl on fabric patches arrived courtesy of Stitch me Up (FB) [UK].

Compad arrived from 2BlueTwiLeks (Etsy) [AT] - I'll make a few small alterations to make sure it matches the CRL.

Jim Tripon [PHL] provided the Armour, Tac Vest, Scout Belt and Thermal Detonator.

Inner belt provided by Belting Imperials [UK].

E11 holster through Friedel D, based on a recommendation from Tony [DE].

MP40 pouches arrived from a seller on Etsy [USA].

Gloves obtained through Giovanni Rodriguez [EC].

Helmet - ordered from 3D Schmiede on FB [DE].

DLT-19X - As it's optional, I'm going to wait until I have everything else sorted first.

More photos to follow!

My Armour.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So a good length building update today!

Jim's armour was wet sanded with 240 grit sanding sponge and then cleaned up with a tack cloth and some rubbing alcohol.  I then applied two coats of Halford's Filler Primer spray and gave it 24 hours to dry.

I then used both Polyfilla and some Citadel Liquid Green Stuff to fill in any holes (including Versio's oval shaped indent behind the left shoulder - thanks for the reminder Tony!).  Again I cleaned this up, before moving on to the next primer - Vallejo Hobby Paint black primer spray.  I applied this in two thin coats and left for another 24 hours.

The Vallejo sprays did have an unfortunately habit of spitting large drops of paint onto the armour occasionally, so after 24 hours I dried sanded these parts with a 400 grit sponge and cleaned it all up.  Then I applied one coat of Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch gloss black spray.  Looks good so far, and I'll give it a second coat early next week.

For some reason I can't upload any more photos (Max total size 0.09MB), but if I'll keep looking to see if I can find out why!

Photo update:

Base fibreglass parts sanded down and cleaned, ready for first primer

1622776720_IMG_20200906_1344030072.thumb

After a double coat of Halford's filler primer

952755114_IMG_20200906_1622161722.thumb.

After another round of sanding and cleaning

1.thumb.jpg.989f7c952f0bfb21476a9edc40e1

After a double coat of Vallejo black primer spray

3.thumb.jpg.90d0f81616be15a3e0b3f569d238

After the first coat of Rust-Oleum gloss black

5.thumb.jpg.3c991d1e53ac669a1c65852e0468

After the second coat of gloss

248039866_FinishedArmour.thumb.jpg.32dbb

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

A lot of progress since my last update here. I've now finished the armour, helmet, inner belt, outer belt and gloves. My flightsuit and scout pouches are due at the end of this month, and then I'll have everything I need to finish the job. All that's needed now is a little more work on the vest, to add the shoulder pouch to the flightsuit, and to put some finishing touches to my boots.

IMG_20201028_142131014.jpg.a8e051ee2094a

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...