Boot recommendations

Hi all! Is there anywhere that has more affordable approvable boot options? I'm not sure if I'm ready to spend $200+ on a pair of boots just yet (never even spent that much on any type of footwear). Some of the higher end boots may even account for around a third of the cost of the entire costume. Would it be better to modify a more affordable option? Has anyone attempted something like that or have a awesome super secret source for a lower cost option? I may also look at ones that may be pretty close and consult my GML as a last resort. 

Thanks!

For basic level approval, the GML will make that determination.  I agree, they are pricey, and for me, they would have to be custom made and there is only two sources I have been directed two that can make it, the argentina polo boots, and crowprops.  Hessian antique can do it as long as you have small, skinny feet. 

I have a pair of 16" tall motorcyle boots that I wear with my uniforms, and they are four inches short of my knee, so they cannot be used for approval.    I cannot use them for any IOC costumes or even for our own mud trooper.   

I understand your point of view.  Boots ARE a major portion of most of these uniforms we wear.  

I found some officer style (high) jackboots on a UK store for a little over £100 when I first planned an officer build. When I decided on Inferno instead, I didn't want to spent big money again either! Instead I bought some cheap leather off-cuts, some square buckles and some magnets. I cut out some straps and flaps, fitted them together, then used magnets to fit them to my existing boots. Worked quite well!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/german-officers-jackboots-by-fab.html

These are the boots I used as the basis for my modifications above. Plus as they're fitted with strong magnets, I can remove the straps and flaps if I ever want to use the boots for a different costume.

• Like 1