Purge Trooper (Phase II) - Kenobi - Discussion

"KAMA alteration"

Kama

Exterior of Kama:

- Black leather or leather like material

- Top is divided into four large panels

- Three small pleated panels run along the bottom - width of each panel matches larger panel and height is divided equally. (roughly 40 mm per panel)

- There is a slit separating the back center of the Kama that runs from the bottom and stops 1/3 of the way from the top

Interior of Kama:

- inner liner fabric has a pattern representing black cogs on a red background (vinyl material acceptable) 

- Divided into four large panels that run top to bottom

- Black repeating cog pattern covers entire interior. Each row is offset from the row above and below. (each roughly 12-15 mm dia.)

- Red cording runs along front edge on both sides and matches red used on armor

LVL 2

- the red on the inner liner fabric is raised giving the appearance of an embossed pattern.

note: Kama starts at the exterior edge of the front belt boxes.

Kama is worn under ammo belt and extends to the bottom of the knee armor

Here is my research for the gloves. The gloves appear to be R1 tk gloves. Makes allot of sense being that they have used these gloves for every imperial trooper since R1. Here are my references. I've also included the photo from "keeptrooping.com" it has been confirmed he patterned them from a screen used pair and it matches all references.

TPRG-Bl-Large Screenshot_20231012_214349_Chrome Screenshot_20231012_214414_Chrome Screenshot_20231012_214440_Chrome Screenshot_20231012_214526_Chrome Screenshot_20231012_214613_Chrome Screenshot_20231012_220020_Facebook

in these zoomed photos you can see the shine on the pointer finger from the leather on the finger. You can also see the leather on the palm in the second photo.

here is my suggested write up

gloves:

- gloves are based on the rogue one style TK gloves

- made from a black material with visible logos or designs and black leather or leather like material on palm, thumb, and index finger. 

- glove extends under forearm armor

- cuff is made from black elastic type material

- hand plate is attached to back of glove and is black to match the rest of the armor.

lvl 2

- base material is a black Nomex type material

- palm has 5 raised padded sections to match reference photos

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2023 at 6:58 AM, dewannawanga said:

here is my suggested write up

gloves:

- gloves are based on the rogue one style TK gloves

- made from a black material with visible logos or designs and black leather or leather like material on palm, thumb, and index finger. 

- glove extends under forearm armor

- cuff is made from black elastic type material

- hand plate is attached to back of glove and is black to match the rest of the armor.

lvl 2

- base material is a black Nomex type material

- palm has 5 raised padded sections to match reference photos

This sounds great to me !

For the second bullet, I think we're missing a "no" before the word logo. 

- Made from a black leather or leather like material with no visible logos or designs. Additional reinforcement patches of the same material cover the palm, thumb, and index finger. 

• Like 1
On 10/13/2023 at 5:00 AM, smoszer said:

@tipperaryred just looking for a CDM to review our latest outlines for the various pieces that we've discussed and written for the soft parts so we can finalize them and the gloves so we can move onto the armor. 

Apologies for being AWOL, real life has been demanding of late.  I should be able to work my way through this later this week.  Thanks a million for continuing to drive on.

Ok folks, thanks a million for the patience, and the continuing hard work.  I've reviewed everything now and it all looks great.  I've updated the main CRL thread with all of our currently finalised text:

That's not to say that we can't come back to any of those if changes are identified or new references unearthed, but for the time being we'll draw a line under those green items and continue with the rest.

In all of the text there was only one part that confused me, so great work on keeping the wording so clear!

For the kama exterior, we have a description of 4 large panels at the top, and 3 small pleated panels running along the bottom.  However it says that the smaller panels match the width of the larger panels.  If that is that case, shouldn't there be the same number of each?  Or am I completely misunderstanding that part?  Do we have any good references that explain this visually?

I'll help out with finishing up the gloves with you next.

Quick tweak of gloves, with changes in orange.  Mainly I'm adding from the Rogue One TK CRL, as we're dealing with the same design.  Thanks for the great start.

---

Gloves are based on the Rogue One TK style gloves.

The base material of the gloves will be a black synthetic material similar to Lycra, Spandex, Elastane, or Nylon.

The palms and fingers should feature a black leather, leather-like or Nomex material with no visible logos, textures or designs, to match reference photos.

The glove extends under the forearm armor.

The cuff is made from an black elasticated fabric.

The hand plate is attached to back of glove and is black to match the rest of the armor.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

The palm has 5 raised padded sections to match reference photos.

Pauldron

. Pauldron is made from black leather or leather like material

. Pauldron is sleek and unform with one end coming to the other in a straight line along front and back

. 2 end corners of shoulder area are cut at about 45° angles

. There is a large red pad attached to top of shoulder area and is cut slightly smaller then base to allow a small black border to show around red pad. Pad is made from leather or leather like material. 

. There is a elastic strap that runs under bicep and is attached to pauldron with 2 black snaps. Strap is attach under pauldron not over.

. There are 6 slanted stitches that run along front and back of Neck opening and should match reference photo. There is also black stiching that runs along entire outer edge of pauldron. 

. Pauldron should only have one opening in the back and should utilize an overlapping velcro type closure to give the appearance of a flush one peice design.

Lvl 2

. Pauldron is made from real leather

• Thanks 1
FB_IMG_1698798050913

Here is an image showing the Kama and if we agree on using it as the image that we post to the CRL, I can take the background out of it in PhotoShop. But for now, I hope this helps clarify the outstanding question or gives enough information to help modify the description for the panels along the outside. 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, smoszer said:

FB_IMG_1698798050913

Here is an image showing the Kama and if we agree on using it as the image that we post to the CRL, I can take the background out of it in PhotoShop. But for now, I hope this helps clarify the outstanding question or gives enough information to help modify the description for the panels along the outside. 

Brilliant mate, I understand exactly now. The original description had me picturing three shorter panels side by side, running horizontally along the bottom edge; not three panels stacked above each other below each of the large panels. I'll go back over the wording after work to see if a tweak is worthwhile.

And yes, that would make a fantastic picture of the kama for the CRL, thanks a million.

Will also take a look at the pauldron text after work, thanks for making a start!

I know that we started the discussion on the Pauldron back in July when I wrote the following:

Pauldron

lvl. 1

• Made of vinyl material.
  • Five black angled panel sections of descending size are placed on the front and on the back of base.
  • A black narrow center panel section joins the front and back base panels near the neckline
  • Shoulder panel consists of a large red panel large enough to cover the entire body of the pauldron trimmed with black.
  •  
  • A 15 mm silver snap covering a black strip appear on the front and back edge
  • Snap attaches to 15 mm strap that runs under the arm and attaches front to back of pauldron

lvl. 2

Black base and strap are made of leather.

I think Dewannawanga has a better base outline but I did want to modify the snap information. They aren't black.

• A 15 mm silver snap covering a black patch of base material appears under the snap near the bottom edge.
  •  
  • A single snap is located on the front and back of the Pauldron. 
  •  
  • Snap attaches to a roughly 15 mm wide  strap that runs under the arm and attaches front to back of pauldron.

The other piece that I think we need to outline is the small black section on the top of the shoulder between the neck seal and the red field. 

*update*

Pauldron

. Pauldron is made from black leather or leather like material

. Pauldron is sleek and uniform with one end coming to the other in a straight line along front and back

. 2 end corners of shoulder area are cut at about 45° angles

. There is a large red pad attached to top of shoulder area and is cut slightly smaller then base to allow a small black border to show around red pad. Pad is made from leather or leather like material. red pad ends about 1 inch from neck opening creating a small black patch between red pad and neck opening

. There is a elastic strap that runs under bicep and is attached to pauldron with 2 black snaps. Strap is attach under pauldron not over. strap is about 15mm wide

. There are 6 slanted stitches that run along front and back of Neck opening giving the appearance of separate panels and should match reference photo. There is also black stitching that runs along entire outer edge of pauldron. also with reference to  

. Pauldron should only have one opening in the back and should utilize an overlapping Velcro type closure to give the appearance of a flush one piece design.

Lvl 2

. Pauldron is made from real leather

note: from the reference material we have of the pauldron i do believe the snap is black. in the FBFX photo is does look perfectly silver how ever i think this is due to the lights shining on the armor the can be seen reflecting off the armor. in all the movie references we have the snap appears black. I feel we should replicate what is seen in the film. also with reference to the pauldron closure. from the reference material available the end around the neck is completely one piece. i mentioned havening an over lapping Velcro closure at the back of the neck witch would give the appearance of the pualdron being one piece like the reference material.   

I went back and double checked the snap color and the small black section next to the neck and agree with you on both. I verified that the black area is roughly 1 inch on my Pauldronand that scale loks accurate. For the snap I was basing my outline on the FBFX image that looks silver. I went back to the hot toys display images and video and it is clearly a flat black or very dark gray, but it's definitely not a shiny black. So I agree that it is black but I do think we should add that it's a flat black snap covering a small black patch. 

I think the level 2 should also include the strap. 

Pauldron and strap are made from real leather. 

Nice work Brent. Now we just have to have tipperaryred review and then we can wrap this up.

Hey Daniel, I'm uploading a few images of my pauldron and the one from FBFX and then the Hot Toys display to show the 3 different resources I've got to share.

Mine:

Purge Standing

20230101_182028

I know the collar snaps around the neck need to be changed. I plan on sewing in new leather to follow more of what we outlined in the CRL.

FBFX:

FBFX Purge Reference

Hot Toys:

HT Front Low HT Display PT Hot Toys Screen Shot 2023-11-08 at 6.52.46 PM Screen Shot 2023-11-08 at 6.52.46 PM

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...