Purge Trooper (Phase II) - Kenobi - Discussion

17 minutes ago, tipperaryred said:

Thanks a million mate.  But yes, last thing we want is any of you guys getting in difficulty, so please don't feel under pressure.  If need be we can just go with what appears on screen.  I'm sure there's plenty more aspects of the costume that you guys can help with that don't risk putting you on the Mouse's bad side!

Ok so Justin couldn’t get a pic of it on.  But he said it was in fact red and yellow.  Not like a yellow plastic but the actual light was a yellow warm light 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Equuspolo said:

Ok so Justin couldn’t get a pic of it on.  But he said it was in fact red and yellow.  Not like a yellow plastic but the actual light was a yellow warm light 

That's brilliant, thanks. It's tallies up with Craig's memory, and I can easily imagine a yellow LED looking white on screen when right next to a deep red LED. Especially taking account of the glaring lighting that was so often overhead.

Hey Everyone,

just got the V4 helmet model back from my designer and wanted to share it with you guys here and see if you saw anything else that needed to be changed. 

me and Scott have been working on what we think are the last changes....this included the bottom rectangle on the lower lip getting the inner line added and then the new brow piece above the visor with the angled edges!

Let me know what you guys think

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAJHur

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Kenyon said:

Hey Everyone,

just got the V4 helmet model back from my designer and wanted to share it with you guys here and see if you saw anything else that needed to be changed. 

me and Scott have been working on what we think are the last changes....this included the bottom rectangle on the lower lip getting the inner line added and then the new brow piece above the visor with the angled edges!

Let me know what you guys think

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAJHur

Looks spot on to me...  Fantastic work folks.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Kenyon said:

So is there anything we’re waiting on to finish the helmet part of the CRL?

I think if everyone is happy with the two new features, and we are settled on "warm yellow" for the top LED, we're good to go.  I can redraft the text and make sure that everyone is happy with it.

HELMET draft rewritten - most recent changes in red. White text we seem to all be agreed upon.  To keep things simple, I shall refer to the centre greebles and t-shaped vocodor as one item - "the vocodor".  As per Kenyon's info, we'll treat this as a separately moulded piece that is inserted into a recess in the mouth plate.

• Gloss black in colour, consistent with the rest of the costume.

• Is in proportion to the rest of the costume.

• The eye lens is one continuous piece with a mirrored red tint and should obscure the wearer’s eyes. 

• The central vocodor should be moulded as a separate piece and is inserted into a recess in the mouth plate.  Alternately it may be moulded as a part of the mouth plate, but with a prominent recessed outline to create the appearance of being separate.

• The top part of the vocodor is rectangular in shape, with two clipped dog ears on the top corners.

• A smaller plate of identical shape sits on top of this panel, leaving a narrow margin around each edge.  There is also an angular cut out at the top of the right edge of this plate.

• A second rectangular plate sits on top of the first, covering the bottom 40% of the lower plate.

• There is a raised horizontal line on the lower left side of this top plate.

• There is a small square recess underneath this raised horizontal line.

• The main body of the vocodor sits below the panel described above.

• 9 raised ridges run vertically across the vocoder.

• Angled "wings" at the top of either side of the vocodor ridges, each slightly under 50% the length of these ridges.  These wings angle down to rest on top of the main mouth plate.

• Square profile side tusks run back from the lower edges of this front plate.

• Recessed rectangular metallic silver screens are inset into the greeble in the front of each side tusk.  Each greeble has a raised ridge on 3 sides, angling up from the bottom side of the greeble.

• Six pill shaped symmetrical recessed stripes on each tusk, with the bottom of the recesses filled with red to match the pauldron, belt accessories and left bicep armour.

• A small raised horizontal rectangle with a recessed line is located below the vocoder.

• Raised teeth painted silver, with angled recesses painted the same colour.

• Silver rectangular plate on the nose, between the teeth and the front plate, with a silver half moon greeble on top.  This plate is recessed below the angled face plates on either side.  The half moon greeble is level with the adjacent face plates.

• Symmetrical recesses with pill shaped greeble on each side between the side tubes and the cheeks.

• Top of greebles are split in half with the top half being flat and the bottom half having 4 raised ridges that are level with the flat half.

• Sharp angular cheekbones sculpted into helmet face plate running in a triangular shape below the lens opening.

• Three raised ridges run from the centre of the brow, over the top of the helmet and down to the rear centre of the helmet skirt. The central ridge is roughly 2.5 times wider than the ridges to either side of it. 

• A winged greeble sits below the centre of the brow ridge, above the eye lens.

• The top of the helmet is separated from the face plate by a horizontal band running above the brow.  A groove separates the top of the helmet and the rear skirt, running across the back of the helmet, meeting the brow band on either side.  The side greebles (communicators/range finders) are attached on top of the joins between the band and the ridge on either side of the helmet.

• Symmetrical rectangular greebles (communicators/range finders) with semi-circular ridges underneath, present at the back of each side of the brow band, situated on top of the point where the front band meets the rear groove.

• Greeble contains two raised and stacked squares, each with a circular LED or sculpted imitation located near the front, and a single recessed line in the shape of a square outlining the back two thirds of the greeble.

OPTIONAL – top and bottom may be lit using LEDs. The top LED must be a warm pale yellow (similar to a warm incandescent bulb), the bottom LED must be red.
  • Two small pill shaped double indentation in the bottom corners of the faceplate, under each ear. The rear indentation is vertical and slightly longer than the front indentation that angles toward the front of the helmet. 

@Kenyon, one little niggle on the helmet model - the central ridge over the top of the helmet looked a little wide to me, so I scaled up a side by side and checked the relative measurements:

image.thumb.jpeg.fcb35beae02f80c5642bd04f7c6dfa70.jpeg

I reckon the central ridge ideally needs to be about 90% of its current width, while the side ridges need to be about 115% their current width.  The gaps between them are perfect.  If it's a quick fix then that will get it even closer to perfection, but they're pretty small margins so don't stress if it's going to involve a huge amount of work.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tipperaryred said:

@Kenyon, one little niggle on the helmet model - the central ridge over the top of the helmet looked a little wide to me, so I scaled up a side by side and checked the relative measurements:

image.thumb.jpeg.fcb35beae02f80c5642bd04f7c6dfa70.jpeg

I reckon the central ridge ideally needs to be about 90% of its current width, while the side ridges need to be about 115% their current width.  The gaps between them are perfect.  If it's a quick fix then that will get it even closer to perfection, but they're pretty small margins so don't stress if it's going to involve a huge amount of work.

I’ll take a look and see what I can do! Thanks for pointing that out. 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, tipperaryred said:

I think if everyone is happy with the two new features, and we are settled on "warm yellow" for the top LED, we're good to go.  I can redraft the text and make sure that everyone is happy with it.

We may have a new update that needs to be made. Me and Scott are working on it now.

I’ll get something written up here in a moment when I get a chance. 

• Thanks 1
On 6/21/2023 at 10:49 AM, Equuspolo said:

Totally agree and understand.  I’m going through all the images and asking the guys as well.  Ofcourse I need to be careful with what I acquire and post hahaha. When I had it in for the fitting the lights were not on.  And none of us remember a yellow light.  But also I wasn’t looking for it.  Also when I take pics of my red led on my blasters, it’s very difficult to make rhe red look red because the center always looks yellow.  But this is clearly not the case 

The reason i so clearly remember the two colored lights was you could see them clearly from where I was positioned for close to a week on that stage. The reason I was talking to Justin about the costume was that we couldnt really see the details from our angles because we were always behind the Purge troopers and you  stunt guys. So I was always looking at the back and sides. So, we saw the two lights. Hey we have a group on FB. I could ask the group what they remeember. Like I said we were all behind and could see the lights much clearer than on screen.

But I remember the red lights, but there was an amber one too on the helmet.

• Like 1

okay so I present to you guys my V5 Helmet!

changes made:

1. center lines on the top of the helmet were adjusted per @tipperaryred pointing them out

2. upper greeblie in mouth area had the lower left square pushed in/indented and a small circle was added on the side of that same greeblie

3. greeblie above visor was added

4. outer edges of the ear caps were flattened

5. center area above teeth was changed to 1 center flat panel with a slightly angled  panel on each side instead of the center piece being 1 slightly curved panel 

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAJZVR

me and Scott are still kinda looking at the teeth to see if they need to be updated but they may be done

On 6/25/2023 at 2:43 AM, Kenyon said:

okay so I present to you guys my V5 Helmet!

changes made:

1. center lines on the top of the helmet were adjusted per @tipperaryred pointing them out

2. upper greeblie in mouth area had the lower left square pushed in/indented and a small circle was added on the side of that same greeblie

3. greeblie above visor was added

4. outer edges of the ear caps were flattened

5. center area above teeth was changed to 1 center flat panel with a slightly angled  panel on each side instead of the center piece being 1 slightly curved panel 

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAJZVR

me and Scott are still kinda looking at the teeth to see if they need to be updated but they may be done

I'm getting page not found errors on both of your last links unfortunately. I'll check it on my laptop later just in case it's my phone playing up.

EDIT:  Can confirm it's showing as a bad link on my laptop too.

10 hours ago, tipperaryred said:

I'm getting page not found errors on both of your last links unfortunately. I'll check it on my laptop later just in case it's my phone playing up.

EDIT:  Can confirm it's showing as a bad link on my laptop too.

Yeah I just sent you the link in a private message. Also me and Scott are still working on the mouth area so there’s going to be a V6 in the next couple of days with an updated mouth. 

• Thanks 1

I know that we have the bulk of the helmet CRL written but I was wondering about the standard requirements versus the level 2 and optional requirements. Are we going to outline anything to make it more flexible for what's available internationally? My thinking is around the plate being separate from the helmet or it being combined with the helmet as one piece. I'm also wondering about the screen mesh being an option for the channel underneath the teeth. We mentioned it, but I'm not sure if there was a decision on that.

On 6/25/2023 at 1:41 AM, Ren said:

spacer.pngAbout the red gear

This is pretty damn close but it’s too much red.  I don’t know how to explain it.  Not by a lot but pretty damn close.  In my opinion this should be good enough.  It’s also a rich deep blue based red vs a yellow based red.  But that may just be the photo.  Anyway, I don’t know where this is.  But if this is available I’d say it’s a go.  Also the material should be the same as the outer material.  Like a vinyl like material that has that leather style feel.  

• Thanks 1