Purge Trooper (Phase II) - Kenobi - Discussion

Purge-Trooper-Forearm-Comm-Pad

Forearm Armor
    • Painted gloss black to match the rest of the armor
    • Armor is a 2 piece design with a top and bottom. Armor is joined together with visible seams on both sides 
    • Both left and right forearms are mirror images of each other.
    • Right forearm has a main compad with 8 small buttons and 1 large main button. A second slightly smaller rectangular button sits centered on the main compad.
Forearm tops have a flattened triangular area with a ridge that comes to a point at the top center of the forearm.

Purge Trooper Hand Plate Armor

Hand Plates
    • Hand plates are mirror images of each other.
    • Hand plates have a top curving ridge just past the knuckles of the hand.
Plates turn down in a triangular shape that point towards the base of the thumb.

Purge-Trooper-Chest-Armor

Chest Armor
    • Armor is painted gloss black.
    • Two raised rectangles aligned vertically in center of armor
        ○ Left rectangle has small raised line along outside edge
        ○ Right rectangle has a small notch shape on right edge and 4 small horizontal rectangles on the lower left corner between shapes. Top of rectangle extends slightly above left side rectangle
    • Raised greeblie is located in lower left with a round red lens on top and vertical rectangle below.
    • Two beveled vertical rectangles in lower right 
    • Chest and back armor match together at the sides with no gap.
    • A seam line is present.
Shoulder straps are slotted into the cut ridges of the top connection points.

Radio-Backpack

Back Armor
    • Armor is painted gloss black
    • Radio backpack is permanently attached to back armor
    • Back and chest armor match together at the sides with no gap.
Shoulder straps are slotted into the detail ridges of the top connection points

Backpack Radio
    • Radio is painted gloss black.
    • Clips on right and left side appear to attach radio to back armor
    • Radio consists of a horizontal top panel and vertical side and front panel. Front and side lower panels angle in to meet bottom panel
    • Top plate has rectangular recessed area that includes
        ○ Short, thick antenna mounted on top left.
        ○ Large slide switch near right of antenna base.
        ○ Next to slide switch is one long vertical rectangle, 2 shorter horizontal stacked rectangles and a long vertical rectangle
        ○ Right of the long vertical rectangle is a raised cone shaped cylinder with a recessed round button
        ○ Next to the round button is a small vertical rectangular button
        ○ Beveled edge runs around the outside of the top panel
    • Front plate
        ○ Recessed band runs horizontally across center
        ○ Square with shallow slope is slightly recessed below front plate inside band
        ○ Long horizontal recessed rectangle sits above 3 circular inset shapes. The rectangle is divided in half by a  diagonal bar and is filled with recessed diagonal bars. 3 circular inset shapes have 2 inset rings.
        ○ Bottom angled panel has a circular button on bottom left corner
    • Right side panel has horizontal recessed band that aligns with recessed band on front
    • Left side panel 
        ○ Horizontal recessed band aligns with band on front and ends at raised side panel
        ○ Raised side panel runs from the center of the bottom angled panel and extends just above the top panel
            § Slightly raised vertical rectangle with five horizontal raised rectangles with beveled bottoms
            § Horizontal rectangular red lens at bottom of side panel

OPTIONAL: Level two certification
    • Horizontal rectangular red lens at bottom of side panel of backpack is lighted

Abdomen Armor
    • Two inset lines divide the abdomen armor into segments.
    • Four holes, approximately ¼ inch in diameter, are present in each inset line.
    • Abdomen armor wraps around the wearer’s body and is sealed at the sides or back.
    • Two inset lines divide the back into segments
Abdomen armor is completely contained under the chest and back armor.

Purge-Trooper-Utility-Belt_Cod

Cod Piece and Posterior Armor
    • Codpiece and Posterior armor connect at the hips

Belt
    • Belt and detonator are painted gloss black.
    • Eight boxes are painted gloss black, 2 are painted gloss red to match other armor.
    • Front of belt has three vertical rectangular indents which are spaced apart by two raised rectangular smaller boxes. Left side box is red and right side box is black.
    • Belt has raised edging on top and bottom that run along the whole belt.
    • The remaining eight belt boxes are attached with four on each side.
        ○ The two largest boxes in front are angled with top surface higher toward the center.
        ○ The smaller boxes located behind the front boxes angled with top surface higher toward back. Small recessed square is located near the bottom edge. Recessed line runs through box just below the top of the square. Left side box is black and right side box is red.
        ○ Medium sized matching pouch like boxes, with flap like top cover. A small raised rectangle runs near the bottom front of box. Two raised vertical rectangles run on each side.
        ○ Rear box has two square buttons on the upper front corner of a larger raised rectangle. The bottom area is recessed below the top area and sides of box angle up slightly. Two dashed indented marks appear near lower back corner on front of box.
    • Five small stacked rectangular boxes appear in the recesses of the belt between the top and bottom ridge next to the back of the rear box.
    • A detonator is centered and attached to back of Belt.
        ○ Detonator tube is about 2 1/4 inch diameter with 2 wider detailed straps near end caps.
        ○ Seven vertical rectangular buttons are on left side of tube, facing backwards.
        ○ End of detonator has inset circle. Rectangle shape cuts through circle and is slightly raised. Small round cap extends above rectangle.

Purge-Trooper-Thigh-Armor

Thigh Armor
    • Front of thigh armor has a flat triangular area near the knee.
    • From the top of the triangle a ridge line travels up the front of the thigh to the top edge.
    • There should be a visible seam down the inside and outside of the armor
Armor is painted gloss black to match the rest of the armor

Purge Trooper Knee Armor

Knee Armor
    • Knees have a protruding flat area in front oriented towards the top of Knee.
    • Knees bend around the front and connect to white detail clips that connect the strap on each side.
A black strap, about 2 inches wide, wraps around back of leg.

Purge-Trooper-Shin-Armor

Lower Leg Armor
    • Lower legs are mirror images of each other.
    • The front of the armor has a triangular detail at the top of the leg and a hard ridge line down the front of the shin.
    • Back of the lower legs have an indentation just under the calf that travels down to the ankle.
    • The outside of the calf is closed.
        ○ Calf can have an access area on the inside of the leg.
    • Calves are seamless and have a trap door access through the indent in the rear of the lower leg.
Bottom of backside has an arched recessed area.

Freaking Scott Killin it! Looks like someone made good use of the time off from the holiday;) afew things I might suggest 

Chest armor: reading it is sounds like you have written there should be no gab on the bottom corners where the front and back armor meet. This would be incorrect. There is a gap between them on the screen used kits. Also for larger troopers it would be impossible for there to be no gap there on the sides. Let me know if I miss read the description. 

Knee armor: there is also padding on the inside of the knee to elevate the knee armor off knee. I would recommend adding that lvl 2 detail.

Afew more notes. 

Knee armor: the rear strap is a black clone trooper style rubber strap (I can send photos of mine). Also the outside edges of armor are smooth with the strap attaching on the inside with snaps or velcro.

Shin armor: the shins are a seemed clam style armor like the rest. It's a 2 peice style with no trap door piece on the rear like the older clones. It has seems down both sides with the outside seem opening to allow leg to slide through. This can be seen in the reference photos and the Adam savage clone video.

Radio: I'll start by saying your radio outline is awesome and I don't think there are any specific details that need changed. The only thing I might recommend is laxing the details a tad. I feel this is very much like the dengar back pack where there are no really good photos of the radio so we should allow alittle creative freedom with some things until some better photos surface. However this is just a suggestion. If it stayed just how it was I think that would be fine aswell.

Chest armor: with reference to the red light cap. I think it would be fair to require this To illuminated since it is shown to be lit in the film. And it would be incredibly easy to install one light in there. Also where the gap is there is a black peice of rubber that goes on the inside to help fill the gap but gap edges are still visible.

Thigh armor: this isn't a huge detail but specifically with the thighs I feel we should require the 2 strap rigging to garter belt. The reason for this is this was strategically done to hold thigh armor straight and prevent rotating while wearing and walking. Since this causes a cosmetic difference to the kit I feel it's fair to require it.

Abdomen plate and belt: this one is tricky. In the films the belt and Abdomen plates are attached as one piece. I don't know that this is something that needs to be required just mentioning it for discussion. 

Here are some photos of my shin armor. This is the new style that should be used on the purge trooper. 

20231228_075608 20231228_075604 20231228_075557

Here is my suggested revision. 

Shin armor:

. Armor is gloss black to match rest of armor

. Armor is correctly sized to the wearer 

. Armor is a 2 piece construction with a front and rear part joined together 

. 2 seams are visible down both sides of armor 

. One seam must be able to open up allowing room for leg to be slid through. The inner lip of this seam should be recessed lower to allow room for velcrow to make both side of armor sit level when closed.

. Bottom of armor should slope down from the top of the ankle to the heal

. Armor closely resembles the realistic style clone shin with the added detail of a recessed arch on the lower end by the heal of the armor. 

We need one of the CDMs to start working on this project so that we can get this wrapped.There has been no support for months. I'm going to give them a another week before I reach out to the legion to figure out how we can get the support we need to complete this project. This has taken way too long to complete. I know we're all volunteers, but as a GML myself, this would be unexceptable from our Garrison Commander there was this much time between responding to our duties.

I agree with you on the back of the shin armor. Yours is more accurate. Mine was developed by Yosh Studios and obviously wrong. I'll have to modify mine to be more accurate or see if Yosh has newer files.

As far as outlining how a member builds or strap their armor isn't our call and shouldn't be in the CRL It should only contain a description of how each piece should look when the costume is completed and an approval is requested. Also, all references to any other armor are not used in CRL listing outside of clone armor describing other clone CRLs. The Purge Trooper is not a clone and unless the Legion approves this language from my experience as a GML, this needs to be removed.

As far as the backpack. We'll need an image or on set verification of the design. The pack I have was based onthe Hot Toys 1/16th scale action figure. I haven't found any other references, so this will have to be discussed in more depth. If you have any references, that would be great.

2 hours ago, smoszer said:

I agree with you on the back of the shin armor. Yours is more accurate. Mine was developed by Yosh Studios and obviously wrong. I'll have to modify mine to be more accurate or see if Yosh has newer files.

As far as outlining how a member builds or strap their armor isn't our call and shouldn't be in the CRL It should only contain a description of how each piece should look when the costume is completed and an approval is requested. Also, all references to any other armor are not used in CRL listing outside of clone armor describing other clone CRLs. The Purge Trooper is not a clone and unless the Legion approves this language from my experience as a GML, this needs to be removed.

Are you referring to my suggestion for the knee armor or my suggestion if lvl 2 rigging? I'm fine to leave out the lvl 2 rigging details. I was just mentioning it incase people wanted to add it but if we don't that's cool. If it's in reference to my suggestion for the knee that strap is visible and specifically detailed, that's why I feel it should be outlined. If we wanna remove the reference to it being a "clone strap" that's fine aswell.

2 hours ago, smoszer said:

As far as the backpack. We'll need an image or on set verification of the design. The pack I have was based onthe Hot Toys 1/16th scale action figure. I haven't found any other references, so this will have to be discussed in more depth. If you have any references, that would be great.

I'm fine to leave it as until more photos surface. Being the hot toys is our only real reference that's what we have to go off of.

I may need to add a second photo for the knee and elbow pieces to show the straps. I think I had the rigging straps in mind qhen I read your update and not the costume straps. I'll have to go back and see if we can make this a little more clear so there's not confusion for the approval teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so this is what we have so far correct? I'd like to move on.

shoulder bells

.Shoulder bells are considered effectively symmetrical; they may be worn interchangeably on the left and right shoulders

.The top center is recessed between the two ridges and runs from the top of the shoulder to the bicep and notches into the lower rectangular area

.A raised ridge runs along the bottom edge and angles up to meet the top ridges along the side.

.the armor is painted gloss black

.there is a black 1 inch strap that attaches shoulder armor to shoulder straps from chest and back armor.

Lvl 2

.shoulder bells have padding on inside that makes the shoulder armor sit slightly elevated off arm

elbow armor

• There is a small rectangular buckle style greeblie on the outside front corner of the armor. 

• A black rubber strap is attached the both inner ends of armor and wraps around the inside pit of the elbow. The strap is flat with 2 raised ridges that run along the outside edges of the strap

The inside of the armor is padded to slightly elevate the armor off elbow

forearm armor

• Armor is a 2 piece design with a top and bottom. Armor is joined together with visible seams on both sides 

• Both left and right forearms are mirror images of each other.

• Right forearm has a main compad with 8 small buttons and 1 large main button. A second slightly smaller rectangular button sits centered on the main compad.

Forearm tops have a flattened triangular area with a ridge that comes to a point at the top center of the forearm.

hand plates 

• Hand plates are mirror images of each other.

• Hand plates have a top curving ridge just past the knuckles of the hand.

Plates turn down in a triangular shape that point towards the base of the thumb.

chest armor

• Two raised rectangles aligned vertically in center of armor

○ Left rectangle has small raised line along outside edge

○ Right rectangle has a small notch shape on right edge and 4 small horizontal rectangles on the lower left corner between shapes. Top of rectangle extends slightly above left side rectangle

• Raised greeblie is located in lower left with a round red lens illuminated with red LED

• Two beveled vertical rectangles in lower right 

Shoulder straps are slotted into the cut ridges of the top connection points.

.  Shoulder straps are made of flexible rubber like material 

back armor

• Armor is painted gloss black

• Radio backpack is permanently attached to back armor

• Back and chest armor come together at the sides with a black rubber like peice of the inside of both to fill the gap

Shoulder straps are slotted into the detail ridges of the top connection points

backpack radio

• Radio is painted gloss black.

• Clips on right and left side appear to attach radio to back armor

• Radio consists of a horizontal top panel and vertical side and front panel. Front and side lower panels angle in to meet bottom panel

• Top plate has rectangular recessed area that includes

○ Short, thick antenna mounted on top left.

○ Large slide switch near right of antenna base.

○ Next to slide switch is one long vertical rectangle, 2 shorter horizontal stacked rectangles and a long vertical rectangle

○ Right of the long vertical rectangle is a raised cone shaped cylinder with a recessed round button

○ Next to the round button is a small vertical rectangular button

○ Beveled edge runs around the outside of the top panel

• Front plate

○ Recessed band runs horizontally across center

○ Square with shallow slope is slightly recessed below front plate inside band

○ Long horizontal recessed rectangle sits above 3 circular inset shapes. The rectangle is divided in half by a diagonal bar and is filled with recessed diagonal bars. 3 circular inset shapes have 2 inset rings.

○ Bottom angled panel has a circular button on bottom left corner

• Right side panel has horizontal recessed band that aligns with recessed band on front

• Left side panel 

○ Horizontal recessed band aligns with band on front and ends at raised side panel

○ Raised side panel runs from the center of the bottom angled panel and extends just above the top panel

§ Slightly raised vertical rectangle with five horizontal raised rectangles with beveled bottoms

§ Horizontal rectangular red lens at bottom of side panel

• Horizontal rectangular red lens at bottom of side panel of backpack is lighted

abdomen armor

• Two inset lines divide the abdomen armor into segments.

• Four holes, approximately ¼ inch in diameter, are present in each inset line.

• Abdomen armor wraps around the wearer’s body and is sealed at the sides or back.

• Two inset lines divide the back into segments

Abdomen armor is completely contained under the chest and back armor.

Cod armor 

• Codpiece and Posterior armor connect at the hips

Belt

• Belt and detonator are painted gloss black.

• Eight boxes are painted gloss black, 2 are painted gloss red to match other armor.

• Front of belt has three vertical rectangular indents which are spaced apart by two raised rectangular smaller boxes. Left side box is red and right side box is black.

• Belt has raised edging on top and bottom that run along the whole belt.

• The remaining eight belt boxes are attached with four on each side.

○ The two largest boxes in front are angled with top surface higher toward the center.

○ The smaller boxes located behind the front boxes angled with top surface higher toward back. Small recessed square is located near the bottom edge. Recessed line runs through box just below the top of the square. Left side box is black and right side box is red.

○ Medium sized matching pouch like boxes, with flap like top cover. A small raised rectangle runs near the bottom front of box. Two raised vertical rectangles run on each side.

○ Rear box has two square buttons on the upper front corner of a larger raised rectangle. The bottom area is recessed below the top area and sides of box angle up slightly. Two dashed indented marks appear near lower back corner on front of box.

• Five small stacked rectangular boxes appear in the recesses of the belt between the top and bottom ridge next to the back of the rear box.

• A detonator is centered and attached to back of Belt.

○ Detonator tube is about 2 1/4 inch diameter with 2 wider detailed straps near end caps.

○ Seven vertical rectangular buttons are on left side of tube, facing backwards.

○ End of detonator has inset circle. Rectangle shape cuts through circle and is slightly raised. Small round cap extends above rectangle.

Thigh Armor

• Front of thigh armor has a flat triangular area near the knee.

• From the top of the triangle a ridge line travels up the front of the thigh to the top edge.

• There should be a visible seam down the inside and outside of the armor

Armor is painted gloss black to match the rest of the armor

I left the shins and knees out since those are parts we are currently discussing and altering.

Shin armor:

. Armor is gloss black to match the rest of the armor

. Armor is 2 part assembly with a front and rear that are joined at the sides. Both seems must be visible 

. One side should open allowing leg to slide through armor

. Bottom of armor slopes down from the top of the ankle to the heel

. There is an upside down u molded into the rear bottom of armor

. There is a flat face at the top of shin by the knee armor

Wording isn't the best so feel free to change where needed.

20231230_210534 20231230_210548

Knee Armor

• Knees have a protruding flat area in front oriented towards the top of Knee.

• Knees wrap around both sides of the knee

. There is a black rubber strap that attaches to the insides of the knee armor and wraps around the inside of knee.

. There are 2 raised ridges that run along the outside edges of strap.

. There are 3 raised half moon lines the run across inner section towards one end of the strap

Lvl 2

. Knee armor is padded to slightly elevate knee armor off knee

Sorry guys, I didn't realize we didn't have a DCA on this one. I'll have to process each section and sift through it, I'm really sorry. I'll see how fast I can assist.

I hate to rehash some discussions but I'm going to make this a priority costume for me to review with @tipperaryred and @Dropkick. I'd like to quickly go through each item as we can one more time. We can use what you guys have come up with to start, but I'll be active with this for any adjustments.

Pauldron

• Must be red in color and made from vinyl, leather or leather-like material.
    • The pauldron differs from a standard pauldron in that the edges nearest the shoulder are cut at a 45 degree angle.
    • There will be a black edge at the red area of the pauldron.
    • The red area of the pauldron is made from the same material as the rest of the pauldron.
  • There are 6-7 sections that are stitched around the neck of the wearer before the red area of the pauldron.
  • Any stitching is black.
  • There is an elastic strap that runs under the bicep and is attached to the pauldron with 2 black snaps.
    • The strap is approximately 1/2 inch (12.7mm) wide.
  • The pauldron opens and closes via one opening in the back with an overlapping closure to give the appearance of a singular piece. There is no visible method of the closure method.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• There are 7 sections that are stitched around the neck of the wearer before the red area of the pauldron.

• Like 1

It's all good. We're happy that we can all work together and continue to keep this moving. I appreciate everyone's time. I know we all have our day to day lives, so anyone who is willing to take time for this is truly amazing. Brent and I have written alot, so I know it's going to take a little while for the team to go through it. Just let us know what you think is the best next steps for breaking this down and how, and when, we can help. 

• Thanks 2