Purge Trooper (Phase II) - Kenobi - Discussion

I think that if we're going to add in a size for the strap, it should say something to the effect that the strap is roughly 1.5 in. or 40 mm. 1 inch seems a bit narrow from what I see on the FBFX image. I'm also guessing that a person's physical size could be considered to scale it appropriately.

I would rather say something to the efrect that the straps should be no wider than the protruding flat area that they attach to.

3 hours ago, tipperaryred said:

Looks spot on.  Just a typo in two places maybe?  "ridges *that" run the length..." ?  Looks like it copied and pasted down into the optional part too 😉

Ahh yeah, the good old car dealership laptop focus issue ;) :D 

2 hours ago, dewannawanga said:

Also the strap is not 2 inches wide. It's allitle over an inch. I'd recommend saying "strap is 1" to 1.5" wide". Did we want to add the inner padding for lvl2?

I'll address the 1st part below, but for the second part, is there confirmed padding we can see?

1 hour ago, smoszer said:

I think that if we're going to add in a size for the strap, it should say something to the effect that the strap is roughly 1.5 in. or 40 mm. 1 inch seems a bit narrow from what I see on the FBFX image. I'm also guessing that a person's physical size could be considered to scale it appropriately.

I would rather say something to the efrect that the straps should be no wider than the protruding flat area that they attach to.

I plugged both of your responses together as it was stated that FBFX made the kit and they used the same assets when it comes to "clone" parts. If that is the case I think we should review the CTD CRL for the FBFX kit and mimic that text. When it comes to measurements in the CRL for L1/basic approval we do have the following disclaimer "Measurements given in this document are intended to be approximate and generalized; not criteria for approval.", so we are covered either way. We can call out specific measurements in the L2 details, which is what we've done before.

Knee Armor

• Armor is painted gloss black.
  • Knees have a protruding flat area in front oriented towards the top of knee.
  • Knees bend around the front and connect to black detail clips that connect the strap on each side.
  • A black colored rubber or rubber-like strap, about 2 inches (50.8mm) wide, wraps around back of leg. The strap is not wider than the area it connects to.
    • The strap may be smooth or feature raised edge details.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• The strap features raised edge details.
  • Near the connection point on either end, three raised arches are present on the strap.
  • Thanks 1

We can write stuff in there for the padding as an optional thing to help placement, but if it is used it needs to be inconspicuous. 

Knee Armor

• Knees bend around the front and connect to black detail clips that connect the strap on each side.
  • A black colored rubber or rubber-like strap, about 2 inches (50.8mm) wide, wraps around back of leg. The strap is not wider than the area it connects to.
    • The strap may be smooth or feature raised edge details.
  • Padding may be used behind the knee armor to help with the placement, if it is used it must be inconspicuous and black.

• The strap features raised edge details.
  • Near the connection point on either end, three raised arches are present on the strap.

We should be able to push to the Lower Leg Armor which looks to be just like all the other clone lower leg armor. There is some inspiration from the FBFX CRL from The Mando:

Lower Leg Armor

• Lower legs are mirror images of each other.
  • The front of the armor has a flat triangular detail at the top of the leg and a hard ridge line down the front of the shin.
  • Back of the lower legs have an arched indentation just under the calf that travels down to the ankle.
  • The outside of the calf is closed.
  • The armor may feature faint seams on the interior face.
    • Seam is completely vertical, with little to no gap.
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

We can write stuff in there for the padding as an optional thing to help placement, but if it is used it needs to be inconspicuous. 

Knee Armor

• A black colored rubber or rubber-like strap, about 2 inches (50.8mm) wide, wraps around back of leg. The strap is not wider than the area it connects to.
    • The strap may be smooth or feature raised edge details.
  • Padding may be used behind the knee armor to help with the placement, if it is used it must be inconspicuous and black.

• The strap features raised edge details.

We should be able to push to the Lower Leg Armor which looks to be just like all the other clone lower leg armor. There is some inspiration from the FBFX CRL from The Mando:

Lower Leg Armor

• The front of the armor has a flat triangular detail at the top of the leg and a hard ridge line down the front of the shin.
  • Back of the lower legs have an arched indentation just under the calf that travels down to the ankle.

I like that wording on the knee armour now.  Lower leg armour looks good too, I can't see anything jumping out at me there.

If I'm reading it correctly are you saying the out side of calf armor is smooth with no seam and only the inside has it? I'm wondering cause both the outside and inside of the the shin armor have seams. One being fixed, and the other being allowed to open. It's a 2 piece armor with front and back joined together at the sides. 

On 3/11/2024 at 1:03 PM, dewannawanga said:

If I'm reading it correctly are you saying the out side of calf armor is smooth with no seam and only the inside has it? I'm wondering cause both the outside and inside of the the shin armor have seams. One being fixed, and the other being allowed to open. It's a 2 piece armor with front and back joined together at the sides. 

So this was the initial text, that I didn't feel was accurate, talked about seamless:

Lower Leg Armor

• Painted gloss black to match the rest of the armor
  • The front of the armor has a triangular detail at the top of the leg and a hard ridge line down the front of the shin.
  • Back of the lower legs have an indentation just under the calf that travels down to the ankle.
    • Calf can have an access area on the inside of the leg.
  • Calves are seamless and have a trap door access through the indent in the rear of the lower leg.
  • Bottom of backside has an arched recessed area.

If it truly has seams on both the inside and outside, then do we adopt the FBFX text from CTD or a variation thereof? Here is the FBFX stuff:

lowerlegFBFX.thumb.png.0d8048e1f0262206e98fc6a88774cb8d.png

Ryan, the shin armor outline was what I wrote based on my kit. After talking with Brent on Facebook messenger we determined that the armor I have wasn't accurate and Brent's was. So I've reprinted it so it's accurate. I think the FBFX outline that you have should be correct to use. I'll be taking new images of the shin armor when I take the rest of the picture that we're still missing.

That looks correct. Only thing I might suggest is "armor features faint seams on inside and outside of armor". People could get confused reading "outside of armor is closed" meaning there is no seam rather then its just a closed and glued seam.

Yes, I added the Lower Leg Armor to the first page with the following:

Lower Leg Armor

• The front of the armor has a flat triangular detail at the top of the leg and a hard ridge line down the front of the shin.
  • Back of the lower legs have an arched indentation just under the calf that travels down to the ankle.
  • The outside of the calf is closed but may feature a faint seam.

We are onto the boots now and then the weapons. Here is the Boots text:

Boots

• The boots are above-ankle height, and made of black leather or leather-like material.
  • There is a seam down both sides of the front that swoops out to the side of the foot.
  • There is a vertical zipper on the inside that spans the height of the boot.
  • There is a flat black sole with no heel, buckles, or laces.

Dohh, I totally missed that when posting late. We should make that a separate entry I'd say:

Boot Armor

• Painted gloss black.
  • The top of the armor is rounded over the boot coming to a point at the midpoint side of the boot.
  • From this side point there are a total of five flat edges as per the reference image, two on each side, coming to a flat front over the middle of the boot.
  • In the flat front middle section of the armor there may be two shallow depressed rectangular details that are barely visible. If present, the top rectangular detail is smaller in surface area than the bottom rectangular detail.

• In the flat front middle section of the armor there are two shallow depressed rectangular details that are barely visible. The top rectangular detail is smaller in surface area than the bottom rectangular detail.

Boots

• The boots are above-ankle height, and made of black leather or leather-like material.
  • There is a seam down both sides of the front that swoops out to the side of the foot.
  • There is a vertical zipper on the inside that spans the height of the boot.
  • There is a flat black sole with no heel, buckles, or laces.
  • Boot armor is affixed to the top of the boots. There shall be no visible method of attachment.

• Like 1

looks great! as for the blasters the 2 they are seen using in the show are the E11-D and the R1 E11 with the flash light attached on the side. 

we could always make Jedi braids and optional item ;) 

• Like 1

Here is the info for the blasters.

372px-TK_rogue_one_e11

E-11 Blaster

.Manufactured by BlasTech Industries, the E-11 is standard-issue for many Imperial troops. Light, compact yet powerful, the E-11 blaster is always in high demand throughout the galaxy.

.Based on a real or replica Sterling Airsoft Gun, Sterling Sub-Machine Gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

.A small flashlight shall be mounted on the right side of the blaster centred over the T-Tracks.

326px-Tx_imperial_death_trooper_e11d

E-11D Blaster

.Modified E-11.

.The main barrel is extended from in front of the power cell.

.The barrel extension has elongated slots cut into it along each side.

.A Surefire M300 Mini Scout tactical light or equivalent is fitted to the barrel extension. A resin cast is acceptable.

.The folding stock is in place.

.It is fitted with a HK416c retractable stock or similar.

.Laser pointer fitted below barrel with optional working red LED to front.

.All decals/painted details and striping are in place.

.The red stripe located towards the rear of the barrel behind the magazine just prior to the stock extension may be substituted with a red LED lighted strip.

.The two yellow squares inside a red outlined square located towards the rear of the barrel behind the magazine may be substituted with two yellow LED lighted squares.

.Working red LEDs fitted into the prongs of the counter unit are optional.

.Weathering is optional but where done the barrel scorching must be evident.

I took this info and the photos from the R1 TK crl and the death trooper crl since both those highlight these blasters. I can take photos of my blasters if need be butt figured using existing photos was easier. 

• Like 3

Yeah if the blasters used match the ones that were already seen on screen we can definitely use CRLs text and images that were already created.

E-11 Blaster

Manufactured by BlasTech Industries, the E-11 is standard-issue for many Imperial troops. Light, compact yet powerful, the E-11 blaster is always in high demand throughout the galaxy.

• Based on a real or replica Sterling Airsoft Gun, Sterling Sub-Machine Gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.
  • A small flashlight shall be mounted on the right side of the blaster centred over the T-Tracks.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Blaster shall be based on a real or replica S&T Sterling L2A1 AEG Airsoft Gun. (Folding Stock does not need to function)
  • D-Ring shall be present on the rear end cap.
  • Scope shall be a real or replica M.H.R. (Minneapolis Honeywell Regulator Co.) M38 Telescope. 1943 model is preferred.
  • Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter. Eagle logo is preferred.
  • Power Cylinders shall be mounted on top of the magazine well. R1 style power cylinders are preferred over ANH style.
  • 6 rows of T-Tracks cover the Sterling receiver holes except for the lower left row with the bayonet lug.
  • Flashlight shall be a real or replica Element M300A Mini Scout Light.
  • Scope shall be a real or replica 1943 M.H.R. Co. M38 Telescope, 1942 model is not allowed.
  • Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter with Small eagle logo. Large eagle logo is not allowed.
  • Power Cylinders shall be R1 style, ANH style is not allowed.
  • 3D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

E-11D Blaster

• Modified E-11.
  • The main barrel is extended from in front of the power cell.
  • The barrel extension has elongated slots cut into it along each side.
  • A Surefire M300 Mini Scout tactical light or equivalent is fitted to the barrel extension. A resin cast is acceptable.
  • The folding stock is in place.
  • It is fitted with a HK416c retractable stock or similar.
  • Laser pointer fitted below barrel with optional working red LED to front.
  • All decals/painted details and striping are in place.
    • The red stripe located towards the rear of the barrel behind the magazine just prior to the stock extension may be substituted with a red LED lighted strip.
    • The two yellow squares inside a red outlined square located towards the rear of the barrel behind the magazine may be substituted with two yellow LED lighted squares.
    • Working red LEDs fitted into the prongs of the counter unit are optional.
  • Weathering is optional but where done the barrel scorching must be evident.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• All LED, laser pointer, and flashlight options will be working.
  • The blaster will be the same size and proportions as the Sterling SMG which the blaster is patterned on. Its overall length with the shoulder stock extended should be between 30" to 32” (76-82cm).
  • Like 1

We are currently going through the images and setting up the CRL wiki template. The LMOs are aware that the new CRL wiki is in progress. Once we get the text and images within the CRL we will notify the LMOs and they will do final reviews of that wiki prior to final publication and public facing.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...