neoakaj's Imperial Security Trooper build

Armor parts! Waiting on the soft goods from IB and a helmet from WTF. I also have the belt, belt boxes, boots, and gloves on hand. 

will trim the armor this weekend. But I won’t paint or anything of that sorts until the crl gets worked on

NpMzzEA.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Jason!

Can you do me a HEWJ favor? 

Im bigger than most, I have a wide chest.  Can you measure across your armor to show us how big it is? From side to side across the opening of the chest would be brilliant. 

16 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Thanks Jason!

Can you do me a HEWJ favor? 

Im bigger than most, I have a wide chest.  Can you measure across your armor to show us how big it is? From side to side across the opening of the chest would be brilliant. 

Sure thing! I will get it to you today.

Its a Imperial Surplus ICAT kit. I had it pulled in all black(cost a little extra). I know the ICAT belt boxes are not used with the IST but I have a plan for them.

I know the second picture looks like its only 11 inches wide but with the angle of the camera and how I was holding the tape its off. Its closer to 11 & 7/8 inch

ys6WgEf.jpg

VrHUFur.jpg

GcGEcK2.jpg

OLJr3Oh.jpg

VrhXF8E.jpg

Edited by neoakaj
Comment about second picture
  • Like 2

I trimmed a lot of the armor last night. Still have the bicep armor to trim, but I want to wait till I have the softgoods in hand to make sure I size them to that. I was hoping that my Aldhani softgoods would be here today so I could work off of that but they are still showing in OH and I live in CO, so I doubt DHL will get them here today. Hoping for tomorrow.

The softgoods didn’t show. Oh well. I did trim everything to a rough state and will start assembling tomorrow and Monday. I’m gonna just use a tie flight suit and my vintage jackboots for sizing but won’t hard glue anything till I have the full new softgoods here in hand. Also still waiting on the helmet from WTF. I have only ordered already ready pulled parts from him in the past so I am not sure how long to expect for a turn around. But hopefully it will be here early next year. 

as for props, I have plans for one of the riot shields and the baton. I printed a baton from R1 and will use that until I can get some time to model one from the Rix Road episode or see if anyone beats me to it. I know the Ferrix troopers didn’t have blasters but I do have a E-10 and a E-11 shorty I’ll carry for fun 

• Like 1

Im printing my own and my lack of experience printing this big multipiece armor parts is showing. i ahve to cut it up in big chunks to fit my print bed, which has created a new issue ive never run into.  Looks good to me, and confirms theres no way in the 7 hells I can wear this armor as-is. 

how flexile are your straps? 

Last night on a whim while looking for paint for an Endor Commando I found a Montana Gold color, S9000 Shock Black.  It may fit the bill for the Rix Road troopers. 

2 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Im printing my own and my lack of experience printing this big multipiece armor parts is showing. i ahve to cut it up in big chunks to fit my print bed, which has created a new issue ive never run into.  Looks good to me, and confirms theres no way in the 7 hells I can wear this armor as-is. 

Last night on a whim while looking for paint for an Endor Commando I found a Montana Gold color, S9000 Shock Black.  It may fit the bill for the Rix Road troopers. 

The shoulder straps themselves are very flexible but they have a metal backing on the inside to help keep the shape and hold the shoulder bells up(good for me as I dont have very broad shoulders).

If you need any advice on printing(said you are running into issues) let me know.

As for the S9000, good to know. I have a TON of it! Well maybe like 4 cans haha! I didnt even think about it. Ill try a test spray today and see how it looks

Forgive what the heck my face is doing

test fit of the chest, back, shoulders. All details are in place. Just need the softgoods to size the shin straps and the biceps. 

6Zdb5UP.jpg

KeIR10E.jpg

ZpL3bWA.jpg

RSasAuj.jpg

RfgbBNu.jpg

9I7ymUV.jpg

ormhsqJ.jpg

9daVdsM.jpg

YeOvKx7.jpg

D8NcT6S.jpg

LDBEqK4.jpg

• Like 4
On 12/27/2022 at 5:39 PM, Blackwatch said:

Hi David!

I could try to pront my own kit as well but can ssem to find the models aroud. Can you give me some directions on that?

Thanks!

Marco.

I have another box from IB showing up today. Not sure whats in this one. Its either Tanktrooper parts, Aldhani goods(most likely), Farrix goods, or all of it(would be nice).

If its the Aldhani goods that is still good news as I will be able to size the remaining parts to the softgoods and boots so that the armor will be 100% ready for paint once the discussion for the CRL starts. I have been bothering MW-10227(my wife) for her take on the color as she has a better eye for color than I do and see is so far liking the Montana Shock Black as a match. Thanks for @Blackwatch for the suggestion to start with that. I have also tried a couple other flat black spray paints but she is liking the look of the Shock Black the most. 

Only other part I am still waiting on is a helmet. I have two on order now and its a race to see who gets here first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well it was my tank trooper softgoods. Awesome for that as I really need to knock out that project. Hopefully the other items for this and the Aldhani trooper show soon

• Like 1

Jason the armor looks great, boots are a tad tall for the Security troopers, be happy to see those other boots come in you have on order. 

Im glad you are liking the shock black. Ihavent used it yet, but I really want to see how it lays out on armor. 

22 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Jason the armor looks great, boots are a tad tall for the Security troopers, be happy to see those other boots come in you have on order. 

Im glad you are liking the shock black. Ihavent used it yet, but I really want to see how it lays out on armor. 

Arg dem be me boots from IB arg!!! I dont know why im a pirate today haha. They are a bit tall but im also a pretty short guy, 5'5 with most of my height lost in my legs. I also dont have my inserts in them I use to add some height. Most likely I will only use these for normal trooping days since they are super comfy but for formal/tier2/3 troops(tiers based on my local garrison standards) troops and approval photos I will be using one of the pairs of Jackboots I used to use for my TIE. Ill attach a photo to compare. 

here is a side my side of one of my standard pairs(left) and the IB(right). I have 4 pairs of the standard and of course I grab one of the ones that’s not shined up 

no8Zou4.jpg

• Like 2

Shoulder bells look much better when you have the suit on, at first I was scared they were a little large! Seeing this R1 tanker back plate makes me happy, takes me back to getting my R1 tanker completed!