Hey folks! Quick look at my current build: 

Hat + Uniform: Jim Tripon

Belt: Philoprops

Belt Boxes: Philoprops

Boots: Crowprops

Gloves: RavelGloves

Headset: Racal Aviation Headset

Current plans/left to do:

- Lighten the color of the uniform and/or dye it greener. Contemplating if I may have to subtly bleach the uniform for this. 

- Take in the sleeves on the jacket. Right now it's a bit too long and a bit too wide for what I'd like

- Iron it all nice and flat of course 

- Add metal greeblies to the headset 

- Paint Belt boxes/replace boxes with updated size 

spacer.pngspacer.png

If I upgrade to armor version down the line, I would generally like Imperial Surplus, but frankly I'm too big to fit em. Maybe a 3D printed set would be more appropriate to size for me. 

Blaster currently used is a placeholder. 

• Like 1

Glad to see this Shayan! 

I like Jim stuff but i agree that the color would be better lighter. I dont know about your water in your part of the world, but here if I wash things a few times the Chlorine in the water will strip out dye. I have been wshing my ICAT driver pants that I made out of Dickes work pants and the color has eventually faded.  I would be wary of bleaching the uniform. Here in the US we have RIT color remover. In hot water it helps to remove color or strip out dye.  

For armor I cannot wear any of the ABS or fiberglass armor. I have to print my own, and have been doing so for my ICAT, which is the same gear. 

I'm not sure if just a few washes will do the trick, as I want to get this out the door by Celebration. However, I'll look right into RIT color remover, thanks for the tip! 

Jim's uniform is a denim fabric, so hopefully I shouldn't have too many issues with finding good tutorials online :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackwatch said:

Good idea, and I like that its denim. How warm is it to wear? I want the black Rix Road version without armor. 

I've only worn in the apartment for a short time, but it is not very breathable I'd say. Maybe I'm just not used to Denim jackets, but it's a bit stiff for now. I hope it loosens up over time. 

Feels like a walk in the park next to my R1 TIE though :D It's more comfortable than padded nylon for sure. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Detaleader said:

I've only worn in the apartment for a short time, but it is not very breathable I'd say. Maybe I'm just not used to Denim jackets, but it's a bit stiff for now. I hope it loosens up over time. 

Feels like a walk in the park next to my R1 TIE though :D It's more comfortable than padded nylon for sure. 

I did a semi-troop a week or so ago, and wore my Aldhani fatigues outside of my TK time.
Incredibly comfortable to wear.
Too stiff? Here's a tip - iron it. Mine was all tough and scratchy when it came out of the washing machine, but after a good iron... it was super soft and comfy. :)

• Thanks 2

Im used to wearing good old fashioned BDUs, and I just got a brand new pair to convert to BSG deck tans. They are definitely stiff! When you dye something it gets really stiff, it eventualy breaks down and gets comfortable.  when I make a new pair of Endor Commando Trooper pants they are almost stiff enough to stand up int he corner, after all those layers of flower paint that gets put on. 

20230326_232341.jpg20230326_232429.jpg

Two packs of Rit Dye remover and I like the look a lot more now in photos. It's still a little browner than green, but I think it's within acceptable range for Celebration - I can always go and change it up further after the event. 

EJNK5rM.jpg

y077u2zdi22a1.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&

I didn't realize it has lost this much color, until I saw them side by side (same phone, same room, same light) 

20230326_233404.jpg

You may ignore dressing issues, this is just for light reference right now. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

FYifUQd.jpg

Took Aldhani out for a test drive over the weekend and I'm pretty happy with how the color looks so far! Belt Hooks are a godsend, they make wearing an officer belt a lot easier for sure. 

I'll need to bend that one belt box back into shape once I'm back, but that's a super easy fix 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Hoda said:

Hey hey - can you post up a close up of the Jim Tripon suit? Wanted to see what the fabric looks like compared to KeepTrooping (since these sound like the two vendors at the moment)

I'd be right happy to! I just have to unload the car from the event (I know) as I've been sick. I hope to take care of that over the weekend :)

On 4/20/2023 at 3:48 PM, Detaleader said:

I'd be right happy to! I just have to unload the car from the event (I know) as I've been sick. I hope to take care of that over the weekend :)

Hope you are feeling better!

Once you get a chance to, post that photos here! Not a lot of people have been able to see Jim's fabric up close

https://forum.specops501st.com/topic/8997-andor-trooper-fabric-comparison-photo-request/#comment-108270

• Thanks 1
On 4/24/2023 at 9:22 PM, Dropkick said:

Now I'm tempted to do this build.

🤘

The softparts version is super comfy and a pretty good budget build, well recommended! 

On 4/24/2023 at 1:35 PM, Hoda said:

Hope you are feeling better!

Once you get a chance to, post that photos here! Not a lot of people have been able to see Jim's fabric up close

https://forum.specops501st.com/topic/8997-andor-trooper-fabric-comparison-photo-request/#comment-108270

Posted on that thread :)

• Thanks 2