Gree Returns to the Swamp!

Well, I am coming back to the Swamp! I retired from the 501st a while back and sold off all my costumes. I was the #10 Swampy in all the Legion and stupidly sold my costume. The guy I sold it to loves it too much to sell it back, so here I am to work on another one! Gree is ready to get swampy again. Does anyone know how many Swamp Troopers we know have? I used to be able to find how many were in each costume but forgot how to get there. If anyone knows or could just tell me how many that would be great! Anyways, Going a little different route this time. I am 3d printing my armor and making my own soft goods. Boots are currently the WIP. Gloves are from Wampa Wear.

• Like 4

Awwww, that is what I'm afraid of with my costumes! Love to have you back though!

I did a double check on the DB and there are currently 14 total Swamp Troopers :) ...not far from when you retired it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boots done. Just got the suede in and will be trying to work on the jump suit this week. super stressed about the riding patches but its just one of those things i just need to start and it will come together. Armor still printing, and will be posting pics of that soon. @IcyTrooper I went to the DB and couldnt figure out for the live of me where it was showing that. Mind giving me a walk through or telling me what exactly its under please? 

spacer.png

• Like 3
3 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

Awwww, that is what I'm afraid of with my costumes! Love to have you back though!

I did a double check on the DB and there are currently 14 total Swamp Troopers :) ...not far from when you retired it.

Nevermind lol. I found it! had to click on the bar in the graph for it to open into the costume breakdown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

I'm gonna say this, I am so lucky that I now have a GF that told me, no matter what is going on, I am not going to sell a costume. I hate that I had so much and sold it all for someone else, or because of someone. And I know that I shouldnt put that on them, but its why i did it. If you dont HAVE to sell, then I would say dont. I get alot of people have said they just enjoy the build. So they build, then sell. Thats cool. But if you are like me and get attached to certain costumes, and you are attached to the one you are talking about, then dont sell. You will regret it. I sold my TK and Vader, and kinda hate myself for it lol. Its most likely gonna be stuff you wont get the chance to get back once its gone. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Gree23 said:

Boots done. Just got the suede in and will be trying to work on the jump suit this week. super stressed about the riding patches but its just one of those things i just need to start and it will come together. Armor still printing, and will be posting pics of that soon. @IcyTrooper I went to the DB and couldnt figure out for the live of me where it was showing that. Mind giving me a walk through or telling me what exactly its under please? 

spacer.png

On my riding patches on my snowscout, and being as big as I was at the time, I could not get the riding patches to come anywhere near the shape they needed to be, OR the recommended lenght.  In the end, I just said F it, sat down and put them on one at a time with spray on basting spray.  They look fine.   

I am selling my ATAT driver but this is a good thing. It doesnt get the love it deserves and its going to Central Garrison where it will.  And the money from the sale is going to fund a new to legion build that Im incredibly excited about.  Ive sold costumes when real life got really nasty, but this time its different. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Blackwatch said:

On my riding patches on my snowscout, and being as big as I was at the time, I could not get the riding patches to come anywhere near the shape they needed to be, OR the recommended lenght.  In the end, I just said F it, sat down and put them on one at a time with spray on basting spray.  They look fine.   

I am selling my ATAT driver but this is a good thing. It doesnt get the love it deserves and its going to Central Garrison where it will.  And the money from the sale is going to fund a new to legion build that Im incredibly excited about.  Ive sold costumes when real life got really nasty, but this time its different. 

Yeah, I get that part of selling. And in a way, its nice to have these investments and be able to tap into it when needed. But there are some that hold certain costumes near and dear. I was one of them and messed up. But live and learn lol. I have some in mind that I might end up building and trooping, then selling just because I want to build it and would love to have my work out there. As far as the riding patches, I just hope to get them to look right. 2 costumes depend on it lol

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Small update. I have ordered 3 helmets from Studio Creations. I just wasnt happy AT ALL with the 3d printed ones out there and Studio Creations is tops. Got most the 3d printed stuff done just waiting on chest pieces. Will post pics when i get home. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

Dang, that might be pretty sweet without painting :D

Almost like the Boba Fett in the cartoon!

Thats really funny lol! I was thinking though, what would be cool is taking some unpainted parts to cons and such and showing the process. Or doing each step. So the roll of filament, then the finished print, then bondo and primer, then finished. That cartoon boba tickles me though lol

• Haha 2
On 6/8/2023 at 7:48 AM, Gree23 said:

Just waiting on Helmet, and printing the chest. Remember I am working on both a swamp trooper and a Shadow scout, so have 2 sets of these. Will post pics of both when I start painting. 

spacer.png

Out of curiosity, who’s files are you using for the scout?

• 1 month later...

Ok yall. Got the riding patch and mud flap on the flightsuit. Found a really good thread over on the Pathfinders forum and it helped me alot with getting this done. So for this process, I had seam ripped the outside of the leg as that was the "simple seam" and I will also be tapering it. The inside seam was a double stitched with an overlock so didnt wanna cut that loose. The other big difference is that the four patches are sewn together, then sewn to the suit. There are two support stitches in the crouch to keep the patch from falling away from the suit. Hope you all approve. I feel like it may be a little short, but looking at it here, I feel like it matches reference pics. Again any input is appreciated. I will be sewing up the outside of the legs and tapering the arms today for the fitted look. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

• 3 months later...

Small update. going to bypass most the 3d printed parts as its been putting me off from trying to finish these kits. Got the main body painted for both swamp and shadow. Everything but belt boxes were ordered from Studio Creations, highly recommended for any scout style trooper, and will hopefully get those in soon. spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3