GattiRenata's Shadow Scout build - advice much appreciated

Yes, 2" for the vest as well as the bund.

You may also want to enlarge the neck area a bit too.

The vest traces quite a wide neck.

Vest2.png

Looking tidy though.

• Like 2

Feel better. I look forward to seeing you return to your build. It's been a while since we've seen such enthusiasm toward a build.

Thanks Toddo! I feel like crap! It's the second time in less than a month. I work with kids and they got a cold, I got a cold! :(

Depending on what time I get home from work today and how I'm feeling ill sew the Velcro on the vest and bund...

Or I'll just go to sleep right away! Lol

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!!!!!! So sorry! This cold beat me up like! Badly! And I had to work 14 hours a day on top of that! I was dead to the world! Much much much better now but I have to go away for this weekend so won't be able to work on it! :( I miss it! It looks at me and says come love me!!!!! Lol

But next week hopefully I will be back on track!

I have a troop on the 29th and I was hoping to have it ready for it :( definitely not gonna!

Good to see we haven't scared you off, and I hope that you are feeling on the mend. 14 hour days? What do you do, if I may ask?

I'm a nanny! My boss was away for 4 days last week so I had to be here at 6am until her husband got home at the end of the day. Usually super late. Some days were less, some were more. But it always happens on the same week in January. Lol it's a company conference. So I'm used to it and expect it every year. But this year! Darn! Being sick and having to get out of bed when it's still dark out. And freezing???? It was a pain!

I got sick around Xmas. But it was a virus of sorts. The doctor didn't even call it a cold. But it was a relative.

And the. I was ok for a week and then got sick again!

And it was all because the kids got sick first! :( it's been pretty annoying.

Hope you feel better too Steve!!!!!

I find super annoying to be sick! Just a pain in the ass. :/

Ok, nobody in Spec Ops is allowed to be sick from here on out.

AGREE!!!!!!!! :)

And now I am snowed in at a hotel and the con has been cancelled today!

There's tomorrow and all but definitely should have stayed home so I could be snowed in there working on my shadow!!!! :/

But now even if we wanted to go back home we can't. State of emergency! :/

Sorry about the snow and it's effects on both the con and your building. At least you can go play in it :)

And you guys have no idea how much I played on the snow!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

I am now going to my COs place for a costume building night. Not just Star Wars tho, but they are going to help me with the helmet.

I'm too scared of drilling those holes on my own! :/

I got my blaster yesterday!!!!!

Soooooo pretty! I'll post pics in a sec. For some reason it is t working!

Tomorrow I'll be sewing everything I have to sew!

Velcro and make the pouched.

Then all I have left is finishing the belt.

Hopefully next week I can decide on a pair of boots. I haven't yet!!!!!

I get the pics side by side and let you know my concerns. And see what you guys think!

I'm at calcimine changing oil in my car before I get on the road to finally finish my helmet!

It's weird tho.

It seems like this is it.

Helmet! Finish the belt! Finish sewing (Velcro on vest and cumberbatch, fix neckline, sew patch on the pants and attach the butt flap that I already sewed. Prob gonna use snaps so I can take it of to wash the suit. See the pouches)

And then the boots.

That's it!

My only experience with armor was my tk and took me 5 months!

I'm in awe that I'm almost done with this one! Cannot wait!!!!!!

:)

• Like 1

This build has gone quickly for sure Renata. I can't wait to see you in that scout.

I can't wait to see me in that scout either!!!!

But I confess I didn't do much this past weekend.

I had an event (you know... What we do! Hahaha) then little trouble with my car made me get to the party late! People were not building anymore and I just felt bad to make stop eating and stuff to help me with my helmet :(

Maybe this weekend I'll get there on time!

But I'm ordering the gloves and boots this weekend and will be officially done with the buying part of this costume! YEEEY! Hahah

But I need help with the boots!

These were the ones I found and posted on my first post!

I know that the ones that have the grey part on the sole will need to be painted black!

I guess depending on the material a permanent sharpie can even do the trick right???

So here they are

Boots

http://www.amazon.com/Soda-Womens-Equity-S-Padded-Black/dp/B00MLO5TUE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1451678853&sr=8-3&keywords=women%27s+black+work+boots

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SLYGC3G/ref=twister_B00UXZ4GMA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Combat-Padded-Hiking-Shoes/dp/B014AS1ZLU/ref=sr_1_97?ie=UTF8&qid=1451679220&sr=8-97-spons&keywords=women%27s+black+work+boots&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/Reneeze-JACKIE-01-Womens-Mid-Calf-Double/dp/B00MWEH6AO/ref=sr_1_144?ie=UTF8&qid=1451679333&sr=8-144&keywords=women%27s+black+work+boots

The last one is my least favorite but it's the only one I found that has a shorter heel!

But if the other ones wouldn't be an issue it could be nice to be some tiny inches taller Hahahha

What you guys think?

And gloves just gonna order them from wampa wear as they seem the ones that every one trusts and gets!!! :) and also they don't need to be worked on right?!? Sewing gloves are a pain lol

I have a 3 day weekend this weekend. So far there nothing going on and no events that I can recall so I will lock myself, binge watch daredevil while I work on this! Lots of sewing!!!!! Lol

The last pair is the only one that I would go for. If you want extra height, you can always buy a size or two larger and insert lifts like we short Vaders do sometimes.

WampaWear gloves are great and require nothing except your hot little hands.