Death Trooper CRL - First draft

Can't take all of the credit on this. Tom Campbell whose armour is in the photos has help with its description.

More to follow :) Once I have recovered from seeing these bad boys in action for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Nice work! Just curious...are you guys planning to keep the TX prefix or pick up the canon prefix of DT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to go with the DT Prefix but I thought that stormtrooper variants had to start with "T"!?

I'd like to go with the DT Prefix but I thought that stormtrooper variants had to start with "T"!?

The new Shoretrooper has an ST designation. So it seems we have some room to wiggle. I say we request the DT prefix but it'll be up to the DL and the LMO.

• Like 2

The new Shoretrooper has an ST designation. So it seems we have some room to wiggle. I say we request the DT prefix but it'll be up to the DL and the LMO.

I'd kinda miss the "x" part of the designation that is solely Spec Ops but the DT does certainly make sense.

I am for the DT designation and plan to push for it.

Being new to this detachment and hopefully a permanent resident soon I have no affiliation to any past designations, but I fully agree with "Darth Emphatic" Steve that it should be DT for the Death Trooper.

• Like 1

Further details added to the CRL. Have tried to provide detailed photos of each part to support the descriptions but am limited by the number of photos allowed so will add more detail to the armour thread shortly.

• Like 1

Further details added to the CRL. Have tried to provide detailed photos of each part to support the descriptions but am limited by the number of photos allowed so will add more detail to the armour thread shortly.

Thanks for all your hard work. If you can, try to keep them all together in this thread. You can create a new post within the forum thread, maybe one post per object or armor part.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your hard work. If you can, try to keep them all together in this thread. You can create a new post within the forum thread, maybe one post per object or armor part.

Thanks Jim. Will do that but I also need to update the armour thread anyway so will still put them there as well :)

• Like 1

Additional CRL Photos - Forearms:

Right Forearm Armour:

20161220_221040_zps2nw12eym.jpg

20161220_221027_zpsqw0hcvus.jpg

20161220_221012_zpsncro2gie.jpg

20161220_221004_zpszrwots35.jpg

Left Forearm Armour:

20161220_220933_zpsboo7fc8q.jpg

20161220_220923_zpsnje6p2yq.jpg

20161220_220912_zpszcifv6jx.jpg

20161220_220850_zpsptnbwnu6.jpg

Additional CRL Photos - Chest/Back Plate:

DT%20Upper%20Torso%20Left%20Side_zpsfwtywz68.jpg

Additional CRL Photos - Abdominal Plate:

20161220_224900_zpshmkd3ani.jpg20161220_224850_zpszak0ebhx.jpg

• Like 1

Additional CRL Photos - Thighs:

Right Thigh Armour:

DT Right Thigh Inner_zpshxhzwuck.jpg

DT Right Thigh Rear_zps80sbr1yv.jpg

DT Right Thigh Outer_zpsa86lh5tu.jpg

Left Thigh Armour:

DT Left Thigh Inner_zpsvvkpwaym.jpg

DT Left Thigh Rear_zps8d2mzmcx.jpg

DT Left Thigh_zpsy19njobi.jpg

Additional CRL Photos - Shins:

Right Shin Armour:

20161220_221226_zpskxlpmkzo.jpg

20161220_221244_zpsuzazixcq.jpg

20161220_221136_zpsb9gx4myd.jpg

Left Shin Armour:

20161220_221622_zps8dccyeap.jpg

20161220_221633_zpswq5mdeuy.jpg

20161220_221648_zpsuqa71gzb.jpg

Additional CRL Photos - Pauldron:

20161220_231616_zpseobrlx39.jpg

Additional CRL Photos - Ammo Pouches:

20161220_231628_zpscxcqwpzv.jpg

Additional CRL Photos - Chest Rig and Grenades:

20170104_073613_zpspowwdme5.jpg

• Like 1

Submission of DT CRL for CS Review.

I intend on submitting the CRL for formal Command Staff review on Thursday 5th January, so if anyone has any comments/feedback can you please provide them on this thread by midnight PST on Tuesday 3rd January 2017 so I have time to consider and incorporate them as appropriate. Should there be no feedback provided by that point then I will assume that it is acceptable to the members.

Thanks

• Like 3

I feel that you should loosen the requirements for basic approval regarding rib sizing for the undersuit and allow a little more tolerance with this. Most people simply do not have the time or sewing skills to build this suit and will either have to use what materials are available to them or find a maker who produces them to this exact spec. It's simply not realistic and for those of us who may want to try to piece the undersuit together ourselves, it may be unachievable. I would leave the exact measurements for a higher tier approval.

• Like 2
I feel that you should loosen the requirements for basic approval regarding rib sizing for the undersuit and allow a little more tolerance with this. Most people simply do not have the time or sewing skills to build this suit and will either have to use what materials are available to them or find a maker who produces them to this exact spec. It's simply not realistic and for those of us who may want to try to piece the undersuit together ourselves, it may be unachievable. I would leave the exact measurements for a higher tier approval.

I understand where you are coming from and based on evidence from the ST CRL the rib sizing is likely to be removed so moving it to level 2 is a reasonable compromise. I'd be interested in other opinion on this?

Also, if we are going to simplify the basic clearance to remove the ribbing sizes do we also reduce the boot requirement to a boot with flat sole for basic clearance and move DM's with flat sole to level 2 or greater?

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply and understanding Mark! Regarding the boots, you'll most likely have some people trying to gain height by using larger soled boots so maybe a little leeway on those would be good too.

• Like 1