Turning to the really dark side

Yesterday was a big day....BBB-day dancing-trooper.gif (trooper should be black tongue.png )

IMG_20170121_175430_zps1ed8wnmw.jpg

Laying out the pieces...loving it!

IMG_20170121_115908_zpsvhac1sfb.jpg

Getting some work done right of the bat

IMG_20170121_161026_zpsr1n3k0th.jpg

Heavy trimming going on...

IMG_20170121_175437_zpsj3euf63f.jpg

Shiny even with the protective plastic still on....too bad there aren`t enough hours in the day to keep working on it...I´m not trimming as fast as I know some of you can...but I´m in no hurry smiley-sw013.gif

IMG_20170121_161008_zpspr3zzy2b.jpg

Bicep pieces are to small though....whats best, remove return edge or shim?

• 2 weeks later...

Thigh fitting done

IMG_20170201_083324_zpsq4x5hveh.jpg

Thighs and calves glued together, time to go to work

IMG_20170204_124628_zpsdkhmt9az.jpg

adding pouches to the belt (got them from trooperbay)

IMG_20170204_124615_zpsj90pnx3a.jpg

and it`s done...fixed the dropboxes so they stay in place with some glue and did the same to the belt to keep it from sagging, just glued it to the plastic and it works fine..didn`t feel like remaking the hole belt so did this instead and left the holster of for now.

IMG_20170204_151654_zpskhpjylul.jpg

on to the brackets...

IMG_20170204_124720_zpsdyp52boz.jpg

marking up where to drill the holes

IMG_20170204_153711_zpsk08nigd9.jpg

torso done

IMG_20170204_175055%202_zpsrzysb0w9.jpg

and the back...really enjoying this build :dancing-trooper:

IMG_20170204_175034%202_zpsdygzpago.jpg

and the strapping is done..it`s not accurate but it works for me :smiley-sw013:

IMG_20170204_191833_zpsfzs90tq6.jpg

really enjoying this!

Screenshot_2017-02-04-23-10-04_zpsf6skgxkk.png

• Like 1

Progress! Looking good so far. Snap plates are a good way to make your drop boxes removable but solidly stay in place - same can work for the belt. If your system is working and looks right, stick with it. Same for the strapping system. I've never seen it quite that way, but if it works, that's awesome! Looks pretty good on the mannequin :).

Hi there!

Just wanted to put in a small note for you.

Here is the current CRL for the shadow Stormtrooper. I am not sure if ammo pouches on the belt are acceptable for approvable yet, even though there are a few references for them. I hope that one of the leaders can chime in on this as well.

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_shadow_stormtrooper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking really good so far. You are doing a fine job! The ammo mags are not part of the CRL as there is no real good references of them on a Shadow Stormtrooper. They do look really cool but we'd need some pics as reference to update the optional accessories in the current CRL. You could get approved without them, and add them for trooping if you want. But can't be approved with them on the belt.

Hi there!

Just wanted to put in a small note for you.

Here is the current CRL for the shadow Stormtrooper. I am not sure if ammo pouches on the belt are acceptable for approvable yet, even though there are a few references for them. I hope that one of the leaders can chime in on this as well.

http://databank.501s...ow_stormtrooper

Thanks for the input, I`ll check it out :thanks:

Looking really good so far. You are doing a fine job! The ammo mags are not part of the CRL as there is no real good references of them on a Shadow Stormtrooper. They do look really cool but we'd need some pics as reference to update the optional accessories in the current CRL. You could get approved without them, and add them for trooping if you want. But can't be approved with them on the belt.

Thanks for the kind words and yeah they are really cool and it`s kind of sad they aren`t approvable...however..I think I have to relocate mine more to the front and possibly remove the dropboxes in the process and that`s a shame cause I like the dropboxes also....but if I use snaps they can be easily put back for approval or if I change my mind :salute:

star-wars-shadow-trooper-mms271-hottoys-7.jpg

Making the executive decision on the sideshow figure, we could make ammo pouches a part of the CRL. It would be an accessory and replace the drop-boxes. I do need an armored up shot of the ammo pouches being worn. Once I have that, I can add to the CRL.

and...you want me to do it??

Moved the pouches and removed the dropboxes, it looks a bit of with the holster but when worn it`s alligned just fine...and I will remove or paint the snaps...

IMG_20170214_094650_zpsoq2aeg2l.jpg

Arms and shoulder connection done, I don`t think it will be approved but I added trim to the edges and as a bonus it made sanding obsolete :whistling: the trim was a bit duller so I gave it all a coat of paint and I think it looks great, the black armor became even more black :NovaTrooper: and it`s more comfortable...I´m not sure it`s to everyones liking but I for one think it gives the armor a more "real-Life-look"

IMG_20170214_094539_zpsbokpskpv.jpg

And the handplates are the same, made two elastic for a more secure fit.

You can see it in this photo (bottom right), but note, the belt has been rotated because the TD is not centered in the back and it should be. On the figure, this piece is free float so you can move it around so I chalk that up to it not be properly placed when they took the pictures. That means the holster wouldn't sit as far back as the photo shows for the figure, but It is still true that the belt and ammo packs do not overlap, so we would expect the same for approval of the ammo pack on the belt.

902298-shadow-trooper-016.jpg

You can see it in this photo (bottom right), but note, the belt has been rotated because the TD is not centered in the back and it should be. On the figure, this piece is free float so you can move it around so I chalk that up to it not be properly placed when they took the pictures. That means the holster wouldn't sit as far back as the photo shows for the figure, but It is still true that the belt and ammo packs do not overlap, so we would expect the same for approval of the ammo pack on the belt.

902298-shadow-trooper-016.jpg

Good call. I didn't notice the belt was rotated. I really need to buy the fig so I can see the details closer.

Hi guys

I know it looks funny laying flat on the floor but I promise you, there`s no overlap when it wraps around the body :yes: (maybe I have a funny bodyshape :icon_eek: ) and ...I´ll try to get those photos for you a.s.a.p :salute: meanwhile I´ll show some of the progress AND misshaps from last session...

The brackets crackt the returnedge so I had to "go-anovos" for the front for the moment and possibly the entire thing as I spotted some more soon to be cracks...bummer :wallbash:

IMG_20170218_152746_zpsezlzvt7e.jpg

oh well..carry on...glued in canvas-straps for the front-to-back connexion, masking-tape shows where to put the snaps in the front

IMG_20170218_152805_zpssbl7li0r.jpg

Snaps done in the front

IMG_20170218_163546_zpsk8m987lo.jpg

And now the snaps in the back are in place, the "lonely ones" connects the shoulders

IMG_20170218_163600_zpsjttvs6jt.jpg

Shoulderbridges all glued in

IMG_20170218_170211_zpsxm9ye2we.jpg

Behold! shadow-chicken...those heavy squats has really paid off!!

IMG_20170218_171136_zps5ryfcnub.jpg

did some push-ups and beefed up quite a bit

IMG_20170218_172807_zpssatosqd4.jpg

Brothers in arms

IMG_20170218_205409_zpszzvicpof.jpg

It´s getting there..torso almost complete

IMG_20170218_205447_zpsz9qv47zr.jpg

Ohh its shiny!! :P

IMG_20170218_210624_zpsvproxevp.jpg

I know it`s not the photo you ask for but I didn`t have anyone tho take the picture (and also it`s not ready for a full suit option) but I just wanted to show that there`s no overlap...they are close and almost touching and in my opinion it`s exactly like the pictures and I´m NOT trying do be a "know it all" or anything, this is just the way I prefer it. So...in conclusion, if this isn`t the direction to go for approval then it`s fine with me. :yes:

Side:

IMG_20170219_141345_zpshatfwvzd.jpg

Front:

IMG_20170219_141644_zps4wvndfgl.jpg