Imperial Army Trooper Parts List & Resource

Helmet

• The helmet used during development was a modified Walt's Trooper Factory AT-ST Driver helmet with the indentations in the back filled in. Walt's Trooper Factory is now taking orders for the Imperial Army Trooper helmet which will not have the indentations in the back.
  • Two (2) Imperial disk greeblies without the notch. You can get them from Elvistrooper through his website here.
  • Two (2) screw cap covers size 8/8 like the ones found here.
  • One (1) telemetry unit from The Blockade Runner Supply.
  • Several feet of 5mm or 7mm U channel rubber edge seal trim is used around the edges of the helmet. I found mine on eBay
  • A chin cup was included in the kit from Walt's Trooper Factory.
  • One inch nylon strapping was used to keep the chin cup in place.
  • Helmet padding is a must. FMA Universal Padding Kits are inexpensive and will keep your helmet in place.
  • Montana Gold Olive Green spray paint from Dick Blick was used for the helmet and armor. This is the same brand Lucas Film uses on the new costumes.

Goggles

• Goggles can be either these from Uvex or others from ESS which are more comfortable and accurate, but cost a bit more.
  • These are the same goggles used for the AT-ST Driver and AT-AT Commander.

Green Imperial Flight Suit

• The best option for the flight suit is a USMC Mechanic Utility Coverall (NSN # 8405-01-462-4298) like the one found here.
  • Other options include flight suits from Galls.
  • I cut about 1.5" of material off the legs that would be covered by the boots and made the chevron shaped mandarin collar that way. Adding a single snap to the end of the collar near the chevron is most accurate.
  • A length of 2" elastic webbing was added to the legs to act as stirrups so the legs wouldn't bunch up around the boot.
  • A piece of 1/2" elastic was used at the wrists to loop around me thumb so the arms wouldn't bunch up inside the gloves and everything stayed neatly in place.

Imperial Army Patch

• The Imperial Army patch was custom made for the CRL. The patch is available through the Walt's Trooper Factory website by clicking here.

Black Gauntlet Gloves

• These are the same gloves used on the TIE Pilot, Imperial Gunner, Imperial Navy Trooper, etc. I got mine through Wampa Wear.

Web Harness

• The web harness is in the shape of an H with the strap going horizontally across the shoulder blades. The material I used was two OD Green Rothco BDU 54" adjustable web belts like the ones here. I ran the belt over my shoulders and cut away the excess material which was more than enough to make the H shape in the back. Luckily I have family members that can sew, but in the past I've gone to the local tailor and it's cost about $20 to have the harness made. I used hooks to attach the harness to the belt through the eyelets, but parachute buckles are also accurate.
  • Four (4) metal fixed loop snaps like these here attach the harness to the belt trough the eyelets.

Belt

• The belt is a Condor PB 2" GI Style Nylon Pistol Belt like the ones found here.

Belt Pouches

• Two (2) Condor MA47 OD Green double handcuff MOLLE PALS belt pouches are available online, and I got mine from eBay.
  • One (1) Condor MA33 OD Green Triple Magazine belt pouch is available online, and I got mine from eBay.
  • Additional OD Green belt pouches should be worn around the belt to fill it in. Condor makes inexpensive pouches which can be found online here.

Boots

• German "jack boots" are most accurate. I got mine from a military surplus store. Giovanni Rodriguez from Crow Props is making me a new pair as well.

Olive Green Hat

• I bought several versions of this hat, but the one most widely available is from Cosplaysky and Disney parks on eBay.
  • The Imperial Officer Corps forums has a few people who will custom make an officer's cap in the correct color and size for the individual.

Body Armor

• The armor used in the CRL photos is from Walt's Trooper Factory and is a Snow Trooper chest piece with a TIE Pilot back piece and Snow Trooper style shoulder bridges.
  • One (1) T bit greeblie came with the kit, although a 3D printed one can be bought at Greeblies for Geeks as well.
  • Three (3) 1" x 3/4" rectangles were cut from ABS plastic and spaced evenly on a 4" x 2" rectangular plate, then attached to the right side of the armor.
  • One inch black or green elastic webbing can be used to secure the front and back plate under the shoulder so they stay in place. I used 1" parachute buckles hidden on the inside of the armor to secure the strapping.
  • Approximately 12" of 7mm U channel rubber edge seal trim is used around the edges of the back armor at the neck.
  • Montana Gold Olive Green spray paint from Dick Blick was used for the helmet and armor.

Black Gloves

• I found a cheap pair of gloves here. Remove the strap across the back and they're perfectly accurate for this CRL.

• Like 4

For the rank bar, is 2 rows of 2 buttons the only option allowed? I looked through the reference pics and saw one pic with 1 row of button stacked. Several pics look like the badge is partially hidden by the harness weaving over the chest.

297775be359e0c83d71a8b4879d2aa7f.jpg

The only accurate ranks - and this will be added to the CRL - are lieutenant, captain, and commander. Higher ranks have a totally different costume and will look more like the original trilogy officer in Battefront II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
The Ess goggles you listed are no longer available for sale. Was wondering if these were a good substitution???

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F391491504144

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll talk to the other members of the CRL team and see what they say but I don't think all of green goggles will be a problem.

• Like 1

I'll talk to the other members of the CRL team and see what they say but I don't think all of green goggles will be a problem.

Awesome!!

Sebastion you have clearly put a lot of thought and effort into this. I did the same when I was running the vendors for the JRS as the Resource Officer there some years back. This is a lot of work and I applaud your effrorts.

On the FB page I mentioned I had a couple of coveralls in mind, I see that the Galls will fit my hide and the color is not terribly off OG 107 straight off the shelf when issued. Today I shot Azman a note since we worked so much together over the years creating the gloves, we worked a couple years on hats (that eventually fell through) and on updating his suits to what he offers now. Having the links is great. I know the goggles will fit my glasses ( i wear the same thing with my BSG knuclkedragger) and shade 5 welding sheild will work fine.

Now its just down to getting paid, and ordering parts.

• Like 1

If Wampa Wear can get on board that would be great - especially if they can handle the flight suit, harness, and hat. Ron Vonmoen talked to them in the past but I don't know where that went. I'll ask Ron today and please do the same as well since it sounds like you already have a great report with them.

• Like 1

Fortunately I do, we used to email back and forth daily when working on the hats that never came about and other uniform items.

I really see a potential here for him to make what he wants, which of course is a profit. We have more than forty of his suits just in the Garrison here alone, so he has a good product.

I chatted via Facebook PM with Wampawear about the flightsuits, he was having troubles communicating with the overseas manufacturer . Once the surplus coveralls were found Wampawear was put on the back burner. But if he can examine a surplus coverall he might have a clearer idea on what we need, with a few mods.

• Like 1

I can't recommend any Vendors, but if you find one that custom makes them go online and do a search for OG 107 Sateen cloth, it should be a really close match. Make sure that the cloth isn't quarpel treated, that cloth won't work for clothing and hats.

I can't recommend any Vendors, but if you find one that custom makes them go online and do a search for OG 107 Sateen cloth, it should be a really close match. Here's a link:

https://www.armynavysales.com/og-107-cotton-sateen-material-10-yards-og107ma-1847.html/

Niki Powers makes hats. I believe she's with Star Garrison. Her legion ID is TB-14019. I'm going tok contact her and find out what she charges if we provide the material.

• Like 2
Niki Powers makes hats. I believe she's with Star Garrison. Her legion ID is TB-14019. I'm going tok contact her and find out what she charges if we provide the material.

Everyone, I apologize but I was just informed by Niki that she is no longer taking orders for the year.

I just ordered 200 Imperial Army Shoulder Patches for use with the Imperial Army units of the 501st Legion. Each costume requires two patches. They are expected to reach me around February 15, 2018 and will be shipped out as soon as they arrive. Each patch is $5 and remember to order them in pairs for each costume as the CRLs will require one patch on each arm. The patches are high quality 5" x 3" in size, 75% stitched, and with a morrow edge around the border.

http://waltstrooperfactory.com/imperial-army-shoulder-patch

• Like 3

Belt is US Government Issue, from the '90s. I was issued one by the Army. If it helps people find them, the NSN is 8465-61-322-1965 or -1966. We usually called it a "pistol belt". They're a dime-a-dozen.e2d0a5524fa32273c3fc90b655a63885.jpg78bcaacc80a0bff5cb1845cf194ed2b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If I remember my Cold War reenacting research correctly, the boots shown in the CRL are East German military issue. The buckles at the top make them Bundesmarine boots, specifically, like the ones shown in this picture. The ones without buckles are NVA issue (think Soviet DDR, not Vietnamese lol). There was a lot of variation in NVA issue items over the years due to Soviet Russian oversight, but the Bundesmarine versions look the most accurate to me.

(The sole in this picture is probably post-1991. I think the Soviet soles were brown leather with visible hobnails.)

a2b3a20c332eedc778744db936bef5b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Niki is my sister by another mother. She put a 1 in front of my TKID. My hat is literally the prototype hat...with her knee replacement coming up soon and all the therapy to follow she wont be accepting new orders intil her knee is well enough to handle the incredibly.long hours she spends on her hats.

Belt Pouches

• Two (2) Condor MA47 OD Green double handcuff MOLLE PALS belt pouches are available online, and I got mine from eBay.
  • One (1) Condor MA33 OD Green Triple Magazine belt pouch is available online, and I got mine from eBay.
  • Additional OD Green belt pouches should be worn around the belt to fill it in. Condor makes inexpensive pouches which can be found online.

Are there other alternatives for Condor MA47 MA33? Because in Europe are very uncommon...

Are there other alternatives for Condor MA47 MA33? Because in Europe are very uncommon...

Anything that closely resembles them is acceptable. We can change the language in the CRL in the future. Just try to get something close enough.

• Like 1

Anything that closely resembles them is acceptable. We can change the language in the CRL in the future. Just try to get something close enough.

Ok, I've read the new proposed CRL doesn't contain the indication of CONDOR MA33.

A simple OD Green Triple Magazine belt pouch for M4/M16 is good to be a valid alternative?

95sm5j.jpg