Imperial Army Trooper Parts List & Resource

An update, I received an email from the Army-Navy store and apparently they shipped the wrong material (it was Cordura nylon instead of sateen), so you should have the correct material for your hat Shane.

• Like 1

If you're looking for a good non-US based hat maker I've ordered several from Rebel Rach over at Blizzard Force. Link: http://www.blizzardforce.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9574

She's very reasonable. I think it's $50 for the hat plus $10 shipping to the US. Probably the same to Europe

• Like 1

Hey all

New here and working on a trooper for me and my wife. We will be sewing our own coveralls and was curious is an olive drab fabric of the same type TIE coveralls are made from. We have a large quantity of OD finer twill that is the perfect color.

Also can the hats be made from the same material?

Thank you much

• 3 weeks later...

For reference as everyone is building.

Yes, there will be changes to all future CRLs and the current Imperial Army Trooper CRL, to bring them inline for accuracy.

In regards to the current IA Trooper CRL: When we have the exact changes figured out and approved by the LMO, we will announce a grace period of time where approvals will still be accepted under the previous CRL standards for the Trooper and the "Officer Configureation." We are not planning on an "overnight" change that will cancel your current costume build's ability for approval.

As for CRLs for IA costumes that are not yet approvable through the Legion, yes changes will be made and you will be expected to build what is finalized by the LMOs when the CRL goes live. You can either wait for LMO approval or expect to make changes as the CRL is developed. (i.e. adding cargo pockets to the legs).

Hey all

New here and working on a trooper for me and my wife. We will be sewing our own coveralls and was curious is an olive drab fabric of the same type TIE coveralls are made from. We have a large quantity of OD finer twill that is the perfect color.

Also can the hats be made from the same material?

Thank you much

It should "appear" as if it's a work grade material. In the end, it's all how it sits on your frame. If it looks like a light material and is wilting, then I probably wouldn't use it. If it give the appearance of a stiffer more rugged material like a work or military jumpsuit would be made out of, I'd say go ahead and use it. Again, if the hat looks right I see no problem with it being made from that same material. In the comic panels the materials seem to match.

• 5 weeks later...

Found the ESS goggles on ebay but their green with smoke lenses, would they be OK or do they need to black with green lenses only.

I suppose they could be repainted but the lens isn't green it's smoke. And the frame is a green color.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ESS-Land-Ops-Striker-Series-Goggles-Foliage-Green-Unit-Issue-Kit-NEW/391491504144?epid=2102003033&hash=item5b26b64810:g:NAYAAOSwGIRXbJBb

s-l1600.jpg