Wook’s DT Build (850 ArmorWorks and Armoryshop)

@wook1138

Hey Greg, That looks amazing, I guess when I update my armor with a few things I will have to use the corset,

Have you though about putting a snap or velcro on the side piece and under the TD to keep your belt more level?  Maybe its your TD pushing down or your right hip canvas pouch that pulled the belt down. 

NiF2NYy.jpg

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

@wook1138

Hey Greg, That looks amazing, I guess when I update my armor with a few things I will have to use the corset,

Have you though about putting a snap or velcro on the side piece and under the TD to keep your belt more level?  Maybe its your TD pushing down or your right hip canvas pouch that pulled the belt down. 

NiF2NYy.jpg

Thanks man!  Yeah, there is a Velcro tab on the side where your one star is. The back needs some work - the Velcro there got missed while dressing. I think I will eventually add a snap to the back and probably the front too.  I really do prefer snaps to Velcro anyways. 

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

@wook1138 - Great build thread!  Out of curiosity, your Armory Shop MK3 helmet: What size was it?  I also suffer from the same "bobble head" syndrome with my MK3, and wonder if I could squeeze my noggin into a MK4, medium size.  

2 hours ago, mjt82 said:

@wook1138 - Great build thread!  Out of curiosity, your Armory Shop MK3 helmet: What size was it?  I also suffer from the same "bobble head" syndrome with my MK3, and wonder if I could squeeze my noggin into a MK4, medium size.  

Thanks!  It was a medium.

• Like 1
On 1/9/2021 at 8:55 PM, mikelh83 said:

Love this build thread! Thanks for sharing!! 

Quick question- Did you find the ArmoryShop Helmet matched the 850 armor okay? That is exactly what I have on order right now...:) 

Thanks

Mike

You are comparing a resin-cast helmet with black paint to pulled black ABS, so it’s not going to be perfect. I found the abs in my 850 kit to have a slightly dull look to it when compared to the black paint.  I seem to be the only one who notices it though. Lol. 

• Like 1
On 1/7/2021 at 7:48 PM, mjt82 said:

I need to look, but I think my MK3 is a large... I wonder if the MK4 would look less "bobbly"... 

I thought I ordered a medium. But when I went back to my records, there was no mention of size for my Mk3. My memory is garbage, but I’m starting to think I didn’t have a choice when I ordered. 

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

@wook1138

Greg, your kit was one of the original version kits that 850 put out. There is a guy named Justin who has I think the same kit, and is just now starting. He says that his back and chest as it is now is not approvable IAW the new CRL, but I am fairly sure the new CRL was written so that the legacy makers' kits would still be good to go. Can you hop over if you have a chance and see if you can give him some advice, I'd hate for him to buy 850's new resin back piece if it really isn't necessary. Thanks in advance.

https://forum.specops501st.com/topic/5770-jc1327s-dt-wip/   His comment/question is dated Sunday 18 July 2021