Rocket Trooper (BF2)

Scubacat

Here's the dimensions for the pack, as a quick note these are approximate with maybe a 10% margin of error. I scaled the full trooper model as close as I could based on the helmet and back plate. So it's not exact, but it's in the ball park. So I have the whole pack being about 438.1mm tall, 299.1mm wide and 166.1mm deep. The tube at the top is about 273mm wide with a diameter of 114.1mm down and reduces down to about 97.2mm. The diameter of the large circular section that is part of the main body is 135mm.

FOV45jl.png

• Thanks 2

I’ll get some measurements soon.

Making the cylinder... It’s all printed together for the most part. The pack itself is from crookedknight.

The way the pack is built to fit the II part of the back plate doesn’t have enough depth to be flush with the back plate.

@Matt let me know if you need my assistance.  I could downsize some parts if needed.  Also, we could re-look at the back connection to make it more flush.

Let me know if you need measurements also.  I can pull it off the 3D model.

Matt, how tall are you?

Edited by CrookKnight
Added a question
  • Thanks 1

Just for everyone's information.  I am Crookknight with Crookknight's Imperial Trooper Packs.  We designed the pack based on the size of the Stormtrooper in the video game.  So that could cause some deviation in the appearance of the size of the pack to the wearer.  For example, if someone is shorter than the original model, it would appear to big and vice versa for if someone was tall or larger.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, CrookKnight said:

Just for everyone's information.  I am Crookknight with Crookknight's Imperial Trooper Packs.  We designed the pack based on the size of the Stormtrooper in the video game.  So that could cause some deviation in the appearance of the size of the pack to the wearer.  For example, if someone is shorter than the original model, it would appear to big and vice versa for if someone was tall or larger.

Thanks for jumping in!!!  I understand what you're saying regarding trooper size variation...just speaking to the reference from the game, the back doesn't seem to extend all the way down to the TD and the canister is much smaller.

Looking at @14166 (though I can't seem to pull up his side shots anymore), the pack did extend lower than the reference and seemed to sit on the TD.  If it was flush to the back and pulled up, that might not happen.  That though, wasn't as noticeable as the canister which just seems large in relation to the pack itself.  Width of the pack seemed good...nothing that just stands out...and the details on the pack look good too.

[mention=1218]Matt[/mention] let me know if you need my assistance.  I could downsize some parts if needed.  Also, we could re-look at the back connection to make it more flush.

Let me know if you need measurements also.  I can pull it off the 3D model.

Matt, how tall are you?

Hey Crook!

I’m 5’ 9”

What do you think we can do for the back connection? It’s as the II is to tall for the connection you had made.

One thing I know for sure is that looking at the reference photos being used, the upper cannister is too big.

Once final dimensions are agreed upon, I will make a new one for Matt and send it to him at no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey Crook!

I’m 5’ 9”
What do you think we can do for the back connection? It’s as the II is to tall for the connection you had made.

Can you remove the back connection and just attach the pack back plate directly to your armor?

I would add a aluminum reinforcement plate and use a hanger system to mount it. Maybe Velcro would work depending on how heavy it is

Yeah I can do that. Just cut the whole thing off basically? Since it is a part of the pack.

Yes. I would remove the screws first. After that you should be able to pry it off, since I used E6000 glue.

• Like 1

I know what @Blackwatch is saying, creating like a rail/mount system with it and maybe even supplement with some Velcro in some spots to keep it on the hanger. I'd have to see if I have a pic that could demonstrate that. I haven't had to use that yet on anything though.

Ohhh I see what you mean now. First I’m going to try what CrookKnight suggested and remove the mount and see if we can get it flush that way.

@Crookknight are you making a new pack with the dimensions they posted here?

Ohhh I see what you mean now. First I’m going to try what CrookKnight suggested and remove the mount and see if we can get it flush that way.

[mention=3362]Crookknight[/mention] are you making a new pack with the dimensions they posted here?

I have not started making a new pack yet. Does everyone agree on the new dimensions? If so, I will get a rendering done and post here.