Rocket Trooper (BF2)

Scubacat

On 2/4/2019 at 8:19 PM, Blackwatch said:

WhbPT3Q.png

hcWg90A.pnge07hy7c.pngldfkS4i.png

Rocket pack  proposal V 1.2 

Rocket Pack:

Styled after the pack as seen in the battlefront II video game. An interpretation of the pack is allowed, but screen accuracy is encouraged.

Comprised of the main pack box, fuel tank at the top of the pack and exhaust ports at the left and right bottom of the pack.

Main pack box is rectangular in shape, flat at the top and beveled at the bottom, stopping above the thermal detonator.

The backpack fuel tank shall not rise above the bottom of the helmet lower edge.

It is mounted to the armor backplate   “0 II “ .

The main box features a depressed center area inset  approximately ½”-7/16” deep  The depressed area and this area is divided into five segments. There is a horizontal line at about midway up the depression, with  three  horizontal lines dividing the upper half into equal segments.  These three equal sized segments may be weathered light grey or dirty white. The upper half of the depression features three horizonal lines roughly 1/2" (12mm) thick, and are dirty white or light weathered grey. 

There are three circular buttons approximately ¼” to 5/16” diameter below the bottom horizontal segment line, arranged horizontally toward the right side of the depression. These are black in color.

Three black buttons are located below the horizontal lines, to the right of the depression. Buttons are 1/4" to 5/16" (8-9mm) in diameter. 

The bottom bevel of the rocket pack features a black rectangle on the right size of the bevel, approximately 2” tall by 2.5” wide. Horizontal black lines extend to the left from the upper and lower edge of the rectangle.

The bottom  right side of the center of the pack features a 2" by 2.5" black rectangle , which has black lines extending horizontally to the left. 

The pack center box may be lightly weathered.

The rockets exhaust ports are mounted to either side of the pack center box, curved at the top and are beveled at the bottom. They are mounted ½” below the surface of the pack center box.   The bottom of the exhaust  ports feature rectangular nozzles, inset into the exhaust port, and may extend ½” below the top of the bevel.

There are two medium to dark grey rectangles 3/4” by 2” just above the exhaust nozzles.

The left rocket nozzle has a raised rectangle approximately 2 ½” wide by four inches long.

This area is weathered per the reference photos.  

Rocket nozzles and ports may be lighly weathered.

The fuel tanks is slightly wider overa barrel shaped and no wider than the backpack. The center barrel section is as wide as the center section of the main backpack box, and is mounted directly on top of it. A horizontal groove divides it into top and bottom sections.

two truncated cones extend to the right and left side of the barrel, ending in

The ends of the barrel feature flat depressed caps with raised rings inside he flattened ends. 20 grooved depressions are seen near the ends of the tank. The back side of the tank features two vertical oblong depressions 3/8” by 1.5” long, painted a light orange / peach color.  This is not the same color used on the helmet and shoulderbell. The outermost part of the caps  are painted light to medium grey to match references. 

The fuel tank may be supported by plastic structure as seen in reference material to help hold it stable.

Level 2

The backpack is as close to screen accurate as possible.

The black rectangle and horizontal lines in the lower bevel of the rocket pack may be made of separate individual plates instead of black lines to represent the separations.

Tank end cap layout should match reference photos as closely as possible.

Ok, give this a lookover.  I know more can be cut out/ made more sense, but this is what I can come up with tonight. 

• Like 1

Looks much better.  I'm not a 3D artist by any means...when I look at the canister it feels like it may be sitting just a hair high still (so possibly a hair big).  I only get that "feel" though when I look at the angled renders...not the full on back render.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, 14166 said:

CrookKnight just sent the updated barrel. 

Once it gets here I’ll get started on it so we can finish up this project. 

That's awesome news!  Thanks for the update!!!

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Raider said:

Just checking in on you @14166 and how the pack is progressing.  You got it from @CrookKnight already yes?

Sorry for the lack of updates. 

@CrookKnight had outsourced the barrel parts. Sadly they didn’t send all the parts needed....

So @CrookKnight made the rest and sent it again. He said it should be here this week.

I haven’t received them yet. 

• Like 2

Flush!  Lol.  I look forward to seeing it on!

@Blackwatch @IcyTrooper @14166 let's review the text and make sure we are good w/ that.  If I remember correctly, the pack description was really the only thing we needed to adjust from @Tarrif original proposal.