Finalizing CRL Proposal - Lieutenant Janek Sunber (SW:E)

I went through one more time just to make sure it looked good and I think we are solid for it. I added the text to the finalized section.

Time for the boots!

Boots

• Below the calf black or green leather or leather-like material.
  • Free of laces, decorative stitching, buckles on the instep or any other embellishments.
  • Zippers on the inside of the boot are acceptable, so long as they are concealed.
  • If the zipper is not covered by vinyl/leather, it is painted black.

OPTIONAL Level Two certification (if applicable):

• Olive green 8” to 9” (20-23cm) high boots.
  • Pants legs shall be tucked into boots and fluffed to give appearance of original source art.
  • Weathering of the boots is encouraged.

This was the standard boot text from the IAT.

Looks good to me, since I would hope the Imperial Army issued standard boots for everyone to save some credit!

It’s funny, sometimes in some panels it’s as if he’s wearing black boots, yet green in others. Comic books!

• Haha 1

Since they are standard boots we can finalize that. I did do a slight name change to create some continuity amongst the other CRLs and that is the term that is use for the FISD HWT and the MEPD Sandy and it is macrobinoculars. I updated the finalized belt pouches text to change electrobinoculars to macrobinoculars.

Macrobinoculars

• Styled after the ones used by the Sandtrooper in the Special Edition scenes of ANH.
  • Must be painted olive green in color

• The view lenses are a red tint on the end that is held up to the eyes.

There are only 3 panels where we see the macrobinoculars in them and they look like the ones that we see with the FISD HWT and MEPD Sandy CRLs:

macro1.JPG   macro2.JPG   macro3.JPG

• Like 1

Here’s the thing, I don’t know that the binocular looks like my sandy binocular - the difference is obvious when you look at the viewing area - the sandtrooper binoculars have dials on the side ... esp since most folks just end up converting this fun little game:

b912_1-jpg.883559

I wonder since we don’t have that many references, we keep it simple to the original proposal back in the old CRL discussion thread - but keep some of the elements here like the olive green requirement and the red tint?

• Thanks 1

Glad you supported the name change! I think it flows a ton better that way across the board.

With the macrobinoculars I can support the original proposed text, as it allows more interpretation. We may want to do some serious gallery images and such to ensure won't have anything that is too weird out there. We essentially only have the rear-right and front right views based on the comic panels.

Here is the updated text, purple indicates the change:

Macrobinoculars

• Scratch built or high end prop replica that is similar to the reference images.
  • Must be painted olive green in color

• The view lenses are tinted red on the end that is held up to the eyes.
  • Like 1

Agreed! I pushed that macrobinocular text to the finalized text list. Here is what I have modified from the original proposal for our draft on the holster:

Holster

• Retention style open back holster made to fit the SE-14 Blaster Pistol. A strap goes across the top to hold the blaster in place.
  • Holster is made of Nylon, leather or similar material.
  • Black or olive green in color.
  • Holster is worn on the right side so it hangs below all belt pouches.

• Holster is olive green in color.

Here are the views that we have:

holster1.JPG   holster2.JPG   holster3.JPG

2 hours ago, Hoda said:

This works for me - I do have a question for both here and the blaster section:

What’s the differences between SE-14 and SE-14R? I have seen them used interchangeably at places. 

That is a good question. I'm trying to find the references to how they know it is a SE-14 anyways. Looking at the comic art panels it almost looks like a DH-17 end if you see the angle of the grip. I did look up SE-14 and it appears that the SE-14, absent the R, doesn't have the scope.

Oh there we go, plain as day! SE-14R it is. 

lgu4UDGl.jpg

Holster

• Retention style open back holster made to fit the SE-14R Blaster Pistol. A strap goes across the top to hold the blaster in place.
  • Holster is made of Nylon, leather or similar material.
  • Black or olive green in color.
  • Holster is worn on the right side so it hangs below all belt pouches.

• Holster is olive green in color.
  • Thanks 1

That is perfect! I wish we would have had that angle before as well! I'm going to save the pic and upload it to the references photos page. If you have anymore with him in the IAT suit PM me and I can have you email them to me so that we can add to our collection. :) 

• Like 1

I added the finalized holster text to the main part and the SE-14R blaster has standard text that comes with the Legion below:

SE-14 Blaster Pistol

• High-End Replica.
  • As seen in various promotional material & merchandise.

Since the text is standard I have added it to the finalized list.

One thing that I think we should come up with is the character description text for below the context portion.

Hm I didn’t even think about that. I took a look at Krennic + Iden Versio’s bio for some inspiration and think they ended up paraphrasing some of the bios online, so what do you think about this as a starting point? I just made it up.

Description: Lieutenant Janek Sunber, Imperial Army
Prefix: TX
Detachment: Spec Ops Detachment
Context:  Star Wars Empire by Dark Horse Comics & Expanded Universe / Legends

Janek Sunber is a lieutenant in the Imperial Army. After spending his youth in Tatooine, Lt. Sunber joined the Academy of Carida in 1 BBY where he was recogninzed for his performance and transferred to officer training. Sunber is a dedicated and hardworking officer, and was most recognized for his actions at the Battles of Maribun.

• Thanks 1

Perfect! I'm going to add that, it sounds good. Now we just need to get pics of all the items, I can coordinate with you via FB messenger or via PM, etc. I can setup a Google Drive folder to upload pics and such.

A bit later I'll post which pics we'll need of stuff and what we'll use from the IAT.

3 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

Perfect! I'm going to add that, it sounds good. Now we just need to get pics of all the items, I can coordinate with you via FB messenger or via PM, etc. I can setup a Google Drive folder to upload pics and such.

A bit later I'll post which pics we'll need of stuff and what we'll use from the IAT.

Let's do it! Just pinged you on FB. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Hoda said:

I was re-reading the text ... one thing. Since we established it's an SE-14R Sunber is carrying (not the SE-14), we should update the section to include the R as well!

Got it! I forgot to add that, I'll get it changed.

• Like 1

For pictures this is what I'm thinking:

New Pictures:

1. Hat, Olive
  2. Green Imperial Flight Suit
  3. Imperial Rank Bar
  4. Olive Gloves
  5. Web Harness
  6. Comlink
  7. Belt (with silver prongs)
  8. Belt Pouches
  9. Macrobinoculars (if we have them)
  10. Holster (if we have it)

Re-used Pictures:

1. Imperial Army Patch
  2. Boots
  3. SE-14R (standard template)

Gallery Pictures (for optional parts, L2 parts, etc.):

1. Green Imperial Flight Suit - Collar with no visible method of how it closes (or one with snap if L2 pic is main pic)
  2. Olive Gloves - With square padding on the back of the hand (or without padding if L2 pic is main pic)
  3. Web Harness - Without tri-glides (or with tri-glides if L2 pics main pic).
  4. Belt - Quick release (if prong belt is L2 main pic)
  5. Side views (left and right, suited up)

Alright, I took a crack at getting some photos together. Check them out.

https://imgur.com/a/PjUEZoC

A few things:

• Flight Suit can probably use some Photoshop touchup to make them look nicer / more uniform
  • Belt = only the quick release, prong belt = incoming
  • Rank bar = L1 rank bar, L2 rank bar incoming
  • Pouches = included two configurations
  • Thanks 1