Wasrovv's Build Thread

This thread is still a WIP for my Imperial Army Trooper from the Andor Series.

Helmet: Received from JK3CosDesigns on Etsy. (Undergoing Tweaks)

Tunic: Received from KeepTrooping. Done

Trousers: Received from KeepTrooping. Done

Belt: Received from Darman Props. Done

Belt Boxes: Received from BaileysBuildDesigns. (I received their updated smaller belt box) Done

Armor: (Waiting for Delivery). In-progress (Need to undergo Tweaks)

Shoulders/Biceps: (Waiting on Delivery). In-progress (Need to undergo Tweaks)

Gloves: Received from Dent's Gloves. Done

Boots: Gave the previous Boots away to my Helmet Maker, got some new ones from Keep Trooping. Done

Blaster: E-10.5 Received from 3DPOGO. Done

Sling: In-progress

Blaster: E-11 (Custom Order Modified Rogue-One Style with Picatinny Rail). In-progress

Blaster: Power 5 Pistol. Done

Holster: Received from DarmansProps. Done

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

Looking good. Ill have to keep the paint in mind for the belt boxes! I am glad you went with BaileysBuildDesigns for them.

If you dont mind, how much did you pay for your gloves? I got a pair of Dent's clones for $45 plus shipping but would really like a set of real ones

9 minutes ago, neoakaj said:

Looking good. Ill have to keep the paint in mind for the belt boxes! I am glad you went with BaileysBuildDesigns for them.

If you dont mind, how much did you pay for your gloves? I got a pair of Dent's clones for $45 plus shipping but would really like a set of real ones

Yes no problem. These are the original Dent's gloves that @TeaJaylinked at in the first page of the CRL.

About $115

https://us.dentsgloves.com/products/daniel-mens-unlined-leather-gloves

• Like 1

So I finished drying/wearing the belt boxes. I also received my belt from DarmansProps but I realized I needed to have a belt with grooves so I ordered another one from WampaWear.

I greased/dyed the belt and this is how it came out.

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, Vanedor said:

Juste curious, why did you feel the need to dye the belt?

Because the inside of the belt was a standard untampered leather color that was pretty light. So I wanted to dye the inside so it's consistent with the outside of the belt.

spacer.png

Hey everyone, here's an update.

I have spoken with someone on Etsy and they are able to custom make the E10.5 Rifle with some adjustments.  i am already aware about the sling swivels.

And the right belt will be delivered today so the boxes will be swapped.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Wasrovv Slociw said:

This is where I believe I want the side sling swivel to be.

spacer.png

Based on this, I think you'd have the front loop too far forward. You'd want it on the same side as the Magazine, between the second and third T-Track. Placement should be above/somewhat closer to the shooter than the Bayonet lug on the Sterling. You can see it when you compare to where the folding stock underneath the tube ends. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

I just looked at the oxprops listing, that's likely what I would go with, I can modify or move anything that needs to be moved.  Great thing about being a model builder, these are all just big models. 

@Blackwatch

@Detaleader

Thank you both for the clarification on the front sling swivel. I sent this message out to my printer/seller and hopefully it's not too late. Thank you guys.

Update: And it wasn't too late! 

On another note:

Here's the update on the helmet being made by Kenyon on Etsy!

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

I cant seem to find the seller on etsy, what is the shop name? 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1361987427/isb-trooper-helmet?click_key=455a18ea6ea64e2beefc244c062c7ebdec2fcbdc%3A1361987427&click_sum=afdbf88e&ref=hp_rv-2&frs=1

If the color needs a slight adjustment then that is no big deal at all.

A little update on the helmet!

Kenyon from Etsy and I are taking good steps to make sure we demonstrate the most accurate interpretation of the helmet at least up to L2 standards. What he has on his sale page will be incredibly different to what we are making right now.

Here's a picture of the progress with the first coat of SW Green-black as noted from @TeaJay Build.

spacer.png

23 hours ago, Wasrovv Slociw said:

A little update on the helmet!

Kenyon from Etsy and I are taking good steps to make sure we demonstrate the most accurate interpretation of the helmet at least up to L2 standards. What he has on his sale page will be incredibly different to what we are making right now.

Here's a picture of the progress with the first coat of SW Green-black as noted from @TeaJay Build.

spacer.png

How much different? I received one from him not long ago 

4 hours ago, neoakaj said:

How much different? I received one from him not long ago 

We're working on all the requirements to make this helmet L2-Certified based on the proposal CRL. Changes to the materials on the goggles, color of the helmet, and a few other things to note. He is excited to pursue the opportunity and this will be his first attempt at the Aldhani Trooper helmet.