Wasrovv's Build Thread

Checking in - question, when you say in a few weeks for the full ensemble, how many weeks are you thinking?

Our CRL is pretty much ready to go, but we are missing someone with both the helmet and armor. If it'll be much longer, I wonder if we publish version of the CRL first with the first two versions, and then in the helmet/armor as a fast follower?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Hoda said:

Checking in - question, when you say in a few weeks for the full ensemble, how many weeks are you thinking?

Our CRL is pretty much ready to go, but we are missing someone with both the helmet and armor. If it'll be much longer, I wonder if we publish version of the CRL first with the first two versions, and then in the helmet/armor as a fast follower?

So Armor will be a minute but I might be able to guarantee the helmet by this coming week. Me and my buddy Kenyon had to make some tweaks on the skirt, chin pad, and the helmet texture.

13 hours ago, Wasrovv Slociw said:

So Armor will be a minute but I might be able to guarantee the helmet by this coming week. Me and my buddy Kenyon had to make some tweaks on the skirt, chin pad, and the helmet texture.

Nice! We do need both though for the CRL photo. So a month out? Two? 

Sorry for being pushy - you're the only one we know who's working on both! Hahaha

8 hours ago, Hoda said:

Nice! We do need both though for the CRL photo. So a month out? Two? 

Sorry for being pushy - you're the only one we know who's working on both! Hahaha

Yeah I'm sorry. The Armor will still be a while for me. But the helmet I can guarantee though.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TeaJay said:

I'm glad everything worked out well. Quite impressive that it went from brown, to blue, to green. Great work on this!

Thank you! Cause I almost gave up and had to bite the bullet to buy another uniform set.

Update so far on the armor! My buddy Kenyon is currently painting the shoulders/biceps first. Next week will be the vest and the rest of the attachments! Using the Greenblack paint similar to the helmet!

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 4/20/2023 at 7:57 AM, Wasrovv Slociw said:

Update so far on the armor! My buddy Kenyon is currently painting the shoulders/biceps first. Next week will be the vest and the rest of the attachments! Using the Greenblack paint similar to the helmet!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Keep going to the black end of the spectrum. Adding a flat clear coat will knock some of the shine off too. It helped my build quite a bit.

3 hours ago, TeaJay said:

Keep going to the black end of the spectrum. Adding a flat clear coat will knock some of the shine off too. It helped my build quite a bit.

What do you mean by the black end of the spectrum?

22 hours ago, TeaJay said:

The photo of the two bells, is the left one (green) a resin bell prepaint? Right side is the right track.

Indoor lighting is always deceptive. 

My bad, that left one waa painted that green by the original designer. The right one was painted by Kenyon using the greenblack that you used.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...