Presenting the EVO Trooper

Fivezero

Hey thanks man!!

Here's a pic to get you excited. I wasn't able to get as much done as I wanted but still got a couple cranked out.

DSCF0003-7-1.jpg

I'll get #2 and #3 cleaned up and ready to go, geez this is cool!! :D

You marked the first one and set it aside for me, right?

Well had exams all week, and then the truck decided to burn out a universal joint so got a bit delayed, sorry! Anyway check this link out! You might something you like... I have work later tonight so it might be awhile before I respond to anyone (just didn't want to wait another day).

Fivezero

:D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well it's been awhile since I've posted. Been working my butt off the last few weeks on the EVO helmet to get it ready again. :)

Basically with my last mold, the helmets kept coming out warped and had pock marks all over the surface. The back of the helmets had a huge ugly dent. Made it a pain to work on for each helmet. Also there were a lot of other things that didn't come out as clean as I would have wanted, so I busted out the Bondo and sand paper and got to work.

I did a test helmet this morning, unfortunately it came out horribly warped, but all the things I was really worried about looked MUCH better. The surface had no pock marks, the ear/cheek trenches (as I call them) are much cleaner, though there is still a little bit of excess resin in spots, but that should sand down/clean up easily. So I'm going to work on getting a new mother mold made this weekend (I think that's where the warping is coming from) and hopefully have everything ready by next week to get some EVO helmets out the door. :) Here are some comparison pics between the old and revised helmets. :)

Warped Chin vs. Corrected/Cleaned Up Chin

DSCF0013_zps1bf21452.jpg

Ear/Cheek Trench - OLD helmet

DSCF0009_zps490fcd3d.jpg

Ear/Cheek Trench - NEW helmet (ignore that it's a badly warped casting). Also note that there are no little pock marks!

DSCF0008_zps6ac9ba8b.jpg

Side by Side of the helmets

DSCF0006_zps0552b55d.jpg

New 3D printed chin ball as well, to replace my old hand sculpted one based on a very low res model. The old chin ball was a pain in the butt too, took so much effort to make it look decent and fit right....

DSCF0007_zpsc6c885ec.jpg

Overall I'm very pleased with how things have turned with EVO helmet V2. I'll get working on the new mother mold to correct those warping issues and hopefully get some helmets cranked out soon, so we can have more EVOs!!!

Fivezero

The one coming from the tube under the chestbox?

It goes directly into the left side of the ab plate (just above where the belt sits). I have a couple slits cut into my ab plate and the hose and ran a zip tie through to connect them together. There's also a little circular greeblie on the right side about the same spot where the hose is just on the other side. Here's some pics!

Left side (as you're wearing it).

AB_zpsf5f8e0c8.jpg

And right side.

c23fd1b860_zpsd5fb4762.jpg

I'll be getting the CRL finished on this soon (I hope!), and throwing a little how-to thing for all the small details on the EVO (things like how I attached the hose to the ab). If you need anything else though, just ask away!!

Fivezero

Awesome! I wasn't expecting the pics! That totally answered three questions. I will ask more once I see the crl and see closer pics probably.

• 3 months later...

I have a TX suit just waiting for TY to fabricate more EVO specialty parts. Then it's off to the races for the Shadow EVO.

Hey guys, thanks for being patient! :)

I've been working on them here and there, but been occupied with school. I have however told myself that I WILL work on these parts this week (thank you Thanksgiving break :woot:). Anyway here's a little peak at something I put together, a new chest box! I'll be doing a little vac forming with this, hopefully it all turns out well! It will be much bigger than the contours of the chest plate, that way you guys have plenty of material to give a nice snug fit.

4633ce39-82aa-412f-8fd6-31fe6fe92be3_zps3178b6f9.jpg

Really all I have left to do is bondo the rough knee plate I have and finish up the shoulder bell. Still trying to figure out if I want to vac form them or make them out of resin (leaning towards vac forming). Just need to sit down and finish them up!

Fivezero

Another little update for you guys! Decided to go ahead and get the smaller parts knocked out first. Made up a new finger plate. I used an old piece of pipe and gave it a little heat and some weight to flatten it out to better conform to the finger. I also made it a bit longer than my original, looks better in my opinion.

Heat + Weight = Fingerplate

DSCF0004_zpse65ae8a5.jpg

Spot putty! Threw my thumb in to show you what it looks like. There'll end up being 10 of these, cut 8 of them in half for finger plates and the other two for thumb plates!

DSCF0003_zps93a5998a.jpg

Then got to preparing for silicone for the small parts. Unfortunately I didn't have enough to get the chestbox tube molded, but everything else should be good to go. While I'm making a mold for the finger plate, they will still be vac formed after I make a few copies from the mold (which the stupid thing decided to float up in the silicone screwing it up so I'll try again tomorrow). Hopefully I can get the others finished up and then it's on to the big pieces!

DSCF0005_zps183e783c.jpg

Don't mock my Legos either!

Fivezero