ATA/CAP Magma Trooper (Cancelled - see pg. 7)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Me too. And I think I can get it done without having to paint the rest of the armor. My GML sent me a reply this morning saying that the shade of red I used for my helmet might be good enough, provided I bring it to the same level of gloss as the plastic. The only thing I'm really worrying about now is how to remove my split rivets...

You should assemble the armor with e6, and fix the crack with abs paste not the other way around. I'd say just make everything LOOK right so you get approved, then worry about trooping durability when there's the means to make it happen. There's so much hidden stuff awaiting in the 501 only areas

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. Honestly, I have not seen so many cracks in armor before. It makes me wonder if the pull was a little brittle. Not the same kit, but I clam-shell my thighs and that means I am pulling them apart and squeezing them back together all the time with no cracks or pressure marks. Anyway, I think you are going about it the right way as far as fixing. Your armor, after approval, will still be a constant project, so hang in there.

I must say reading all this I find rather bizarre you are having these issues. I purchased my magma trooper kit from ata and have not encountered any of the issues you are describing. I got mine back in May June of this year. I've trooped twice with no issues. Have you considered speaking with them to see what the deal is?

Usually ATA parts have a decal inside that reads "ATAworks". Did yours have that?

I think he only does that with helmets

Yup. Search the halves of the helmet, and one of them should have the decal. In the meantime, you definitely need to be contacting both ATA and this guy in the Empire City Garrison. Try to find out if ATA knows or has records of him, and try and get ahold of this guy to complain. It sounds like you may have been sold a crap suit.

- Master Tej -