ATA/CAP Magma Trooper (Cancelled - see pg. 7)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a very productive school break. I built a helmet, modified my Hasbro blaster, and ordered the last parts that I'll need to finish my suit. My next semester starts on the 21st, so let's see if I can get myself approvable by then!

Here are some pics of the finished blaster. I'm not shooting for total accuracy here. That will come after base 501st approval.

CAM00572.jpg

CAM00573.jpg

CAM00574.jpg

Reasonably easy to do. Just glue a few parts and spray paint :laser:

• 2 weeks later...

imagejpeg_0.jpg

To do list:

- Re-size forearm armor (or pad it)

- Install thigh ammo belt

- Replace the suspender clips with snaps attaching to the inside of armor plates

- Possibly do a bit more trimming of the thighs. Good thing I used E6000 this time

- Find new gloves and handguards ('coz I misplaced one...oops). Probably going to get off my lazy ass and paint my Trooperbay guards for now. Just need to find some of that mold builder stuff

Also, I'm afraid my belt won't pass. I cut too much off both ends and glued the little square thingies in the wrong spots. May find myself ordering a new one.

Definitely trim some more off the forearms. You may still need to pad it as you are so slim, but as it stands you arms are swimming in those shells. DO save yourself the disappointment and get a new belt. As a GML, I wouldn't pass it. Think about how you can keep the shins over the boots. You're starting to look really good in most areas, so keep going!

Try contacting Scootch for some replacement parts. He's always quick to deliver, and you can't be more annoying than my constant orders from him.

Thanks for the response and the encouragement Todd. :yes: The way my belt looked has been in the back of my mind since before September, and I knew it probably wouldn't fly. I only mention it now because of how close I think I am to being ready to submit. I will be looking for a cheap B-grade belt from any vendor sans FX and paint/clear coat it. I'm afraid to ask ATA again because of how many times I already did...he's got to be annoyed by now.. :sweat: I like what Dizzy did with his boots in the video he posted, so I may try to replicate that Because the forearms are held together with CA, I'll have to slowly grind off the coverstrips with the Dremel to avoid getting MORE replacements. This build has been pretty challenging as my attention to detail was initially very poor. My lack of experience with tools didn't help either, but I feel as though I've learned enough to feel comfortable starting a second trooper if given the opportunity

Great attitude, and so glad you realize what you have learned. With each costume setup, you get more comfortable and learn new tips and tricks from members like Toddo and Dizzy. You have come a long way with this kit and setup and are very close! :)

Great attitude, and so glad you realize what you have learned. With each costume setup, you get more comfortable and learn new tips and tricks from members like Toddo and Dizzy. You have come a long way with this kit and setup and are very close! :)

:salute:

• 2 weeks later...

you are correct krud cutter cures most plastics basicly dries it out causing it to become brittle if you had posted what you used to clean your armor i could've advised to use plastic conditioner to keep it from drying out we learn in this hobby so now you are aware take it as a positive keep on going Mike :thumbsup: