Imperial SuperCommandos

On 4/18/2019 at 9:20 PM, MrShadow said:

So... Yeah, I haven't left this one to die yet.
I am in the process of 3d printing the helmet again, with many improvements. I'll show it to you guys once I have it finished (hopefully before summer).
However... I wasn't comfortable with the cartoonish style of the armor, and googling around, I found out that the Super Commandos were playable in the now defunct Force Arena game. And their look is just amazing.
I was able to get the extracted 3D model and textures from the game, and render them. With this references would it be a 501st approvable armor?

Thanks!!! And I hope that my next post is in less than a year XD

IWj8e19.pngqBTaCRN.pngMLqQjRT.png

Are these models available to download somewhere?  I am interested in working on them.

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, MrShadow said:

Almost done with the files. I'm really embarrased this has taken son long, the lockdown really hit me hard, but I'm expecting to have them ready before the year is over.

SuperCommando_2.png

16 hours ago, MrShadow said:

Almost done with the files. I'm really embarrased this has taken son long, the lockdown really hit me hard, but I'm expecting to have them ready before the year is over.

SuperCommando_2.png

No stress. It happens. Good to see some progress.  When you think ur ready we can start draft work on the CRL itself to coincide with the character you are working on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@MrShadow I spoke with @RAIDER and will assist and take point on the CRL text working with the references. When you get a chance to get the build moving make sure to create a separate WIP thread so that this reference thread remains separate from that.

I will create a separate pictures only thread for the references on this one as well as a CRL draft thread, when I get a chance.

Great job so far on the model!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, DarthKHAOZ said:

hello guys. I would like to join the legion and am interested in the Imperial Super commando costume. I don't however have any skill in making costumes. Would anybody be willing to sell me the pieces or even a fully made costume once the CRL is finished and approved?

Hey there!  Welcome.  At this point, the only vendor I am aware of that possibly makes this kit is SkyGunBro (on Facebook), BUT I cannot speak to the quality of the kit compared to the actual references as a build has not been presented here yet for us to review.

@MrShadow is developing his own 3D models/files.

23 minutes ago, RAIDER said:

Hey there!  Welcome.  At this point, the only vendor I am aware of that possibly makes this kit is SkyGunBro (on Facebook), BUT I cannot speak to the quality of the kit compared to the actual references as a build has not been presented here yet for us to review.

@MrShadow is developing his own 3D models/files.

thank you for the welcome. i messaged @MrShadow about his build as he seems to be the farthest along. when i searched Facebook forskygunbro i see multiple profiles is his the bucketbuilder one?

27 minutes ago, DarthKHAOZ said:

I'm also wondering if any progress has been made on a crl for this costume?

None.  Until someone presents a completed/semi-completed build we don't typically start drafting the CRL as the builders are typically the ones to present their research of the references alongside their builds.  There are exceptions to that but that's normally with costumes where we have seen people making significant and steady progress on their builds in the forums.  That hasn't happened here for the Imp Supercommando to this point.

That said... @MrShadow did message us just yesterday and believes he has enough progress on his files to start drafting a text and @IcyTrooper has volunteered to help work alongside him to start that process.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, DarthKHAOZ said:

thank you for the welcome. i messaged @MrShadow about his build as he seems to be the farthest along. when i searched Facebook forskygunbro i see multiple profiles is his the bucketbuilder one?

sorry didnt see this one.  yes the bucket builder

• Thanks 1

I'll speak with the team on this but from the looks of it I do believe this costume could have two versions within one CRL. The Gar Saxon version (red) and the Grunt version (white). I have set up a pinned reference photo thread and a pinned CRL discussion thread.

3 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

I'll speak with the team on this but from the looks of it I do believe this costume could have two versions within one CRL. The Gar Saxon version (red) and the Grunt version (white). I have set up a pinned reference photo thread and a pinned CRL discussion thread.

4 versions even...though I would propose 4 different CRLs as opposed to tabs:

Gar Saxon

Captain Hark

Tristan Wren

Grunt

• Like 1
11 hours ago, RAIDER said:

Gar Saxon

Captain Hark

Tristan Wren

Grunt

That can work. It appears that this version is Gar Saxon, so I can update the threads that I started for that.

12 hours ago, RAIDER said:

Gar Saxon

Captain Hark

Tristan Wren

Grunt

But this would be considering the Rebels version? Because in the Force Arena version there's only Gar and Grunts.

Also, I wanted to ask, should I post detailed renders of my model in this thread, or begin a new one?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MrShadow said:

But this would be considering the Rebels version? Because in the Force Arena version there's only Gar and Grunts.

Also, I wanted to ask, should I post detailed renders of my model in this thread, or begin a new one?

This would be strictly based on the Rebels version, that's what you model is, correct?

When you begin the work on the build with the prints and what not your own WIP would be good.

37 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

This would be strictly based on the Rebels version, that's what you model is, correct?

When you begin the work on the build with the prints and what not your own WIP would be good.

Not really, I'm making my model based on the references for the Force Arena version, because it's more "realistic" or at least less cartoonish

35 minutes ago, MrShadow said:

Not really, I'm making my model based on the references for the Force Arena version, because it's more "realistic" or at least less cartoonish

Okay, that will require entirely different visual references from the ones that we have. Do you have screen grabs from that?

• Like 1
On 4/19/2019 at 1:50 PM, MrShadow said:

What a coincidence ?

Then I'm off to make the model. As a matter of fact, I do have references for those.

ZAV2mwC.png

vmxUAbl.pngvEMIrsv.pngdoVzaBH.pngry5w6uZ.png

2 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

Okay, that will require entirely different visual references from the ones that we have. Do you have screen grabs from that?

Here are some references I got from the files I extracted from the game.

• Thanks 1
On 11/14/2020 at 11:49 PM, IcyTrooper said:

@MrShadow thanks for that! Do you by chance have a shot of the helmet from in the game? I kicked off the CRL discussion thread and have started with the flight suit while we try and source the helmet images.

@IcyTrooper this is the best video I could find in game:

But I have some shots from the model I extracted:

Back.png

Front.png

Left.png

Perspective.png

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 4:15 PM, RAIDER said:

@MrShadow can u get some high res zoom ups of the helmet on the extracted game model?  i remember initially we gave some input on helmet but that was from the animated references

Sure, no problem. But be warned, this was made for a mobile game, so the model loses a lot of its charm up close.

fZDHfZy.pngE4tFMiw.pngOJ4vCSX.pngtGcG1Wo.png

• Thanks 2